1

Written In My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

Haneul just stared at the note in her hand. The last fragment of his existence before he left. Something to remind her of everything. Of the happiness, of the pain, of bittersweet longing. Clearly, something to remember him by. But the note is nothing compared to the tinge he left within her. The mark that will always stay there. She knows his existence live within her very soul.

His life, will forever be remembered.

She shook the pen between between her fingers. The rest of the world did not make any sense to her. It swirled and spun, leaving her exhausted and dizzy and completely misguided.

But she had  to start writing. It felt like it was the right thing to do, even when all the right choices seemed to have vanished. So she took her old diary, the one that she kept far in the drawer for a long time already. Blinking through hot tears, she began to scribble on the yellowed pages.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

30th of October, 2013

 

Dear diary,

I feel lost and broken. Like a part of me died off. Like some sense in me had faded into nothingness. A terrible feeling. I feel like I will never be able to stand up again. I feel... empty.

This is too much for an eighteen year-old girl to handle. I know that much. Here comes everything in this world, resting over my shoulders as if to make life harder than they truly are. Just so you know, I have a secret to tell you.

Do you remember the day I told you about the time Baekhyun and I started a food fight at school back in third grade? You probably don't, since the last time I wrote on you was when I was in sixth grade.

I forgot about you, and you probably forgot about me too.

Anyway, can you remember that time? When Baekhyun and I planned to run away when I was eleven years old? When I was so sad about grandpa's death? I cried so hard that time. He cried with me too, just because he saw me crying.

And also there was that time when Baekhyun gave me a birthday gift. He gave me that fancy little music box. Remember when I opened it, there was worm inside, and I screamed so loud. I didn't talk to him for days after that. But eventually, I knew I had to forgive him somehow.

One time, during sixth grade, he made me sing a song in front of the whole class. I was so embarrased, but a lot of my classmates told me that I have a beautiful voice. He was the one who made me fell in love with music. In a way, he changed my life, in more ways I thought he did.

I just realized that now.

There was also that ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter