Bitter Ashes

Blood of Angels

The male wrapped his arms around his legs, staring out the darkened window from his perch on the bed. His dreams weren't heavenly any more - there was something sinister about them. The beautiful creature that taunted him night after night had finally revealed itself - And he was shocked by what he saw. 

It was a boy; a beautiful boy, but a boy nonetheless. And from the wings growing from his back, he knew that the lessons he learned as a child rang true- it was forbidden to be attracted to an angel.

"What have you done with us," a haunting whisper echoed beside his ear, causing him to flinch away, "you have forsaken us."

"No! I haven't done anything!"

They were everywhere around him; far, near, loud, soft. They only came at night, which was the most terrifying.

He inhaled a shakey breath and covered his head with his arms.

"What does the future hold?"

"You will forsaken us."

The Asian jumped back against the headboard at the sight of a face extremely close to his. Blood ran from its hairline all the way down its face, the eyes hollowed out and a fleshy chelsea smile leaking scarlet liquid as it grinned.

"Get away from me!" He shouted, throwing a punch at the being only to have his fist move through nothing but air.

"But I love you." The whispers grew louder, suffocatingly close, and he screamed in agitation and panic.

A reassuring hand, cool to the touch, rested upon his shoulder, causing him to jump. The whispers had stopped, but he was faced with something even more insane; something that caused him to question his rationality.

He stared at the gorgeous boy in the flesh; at the pale features, the doe eyes, the pouty lips. He was dressed in black and red, and yet, though the style was revealing, he still looked innocent. The chestnut haired male could recognize him anywhere.

"You..."