TC: reminder

Drabble

continuation to TC: departure

 


 

"Are you going to make it to the anniversary dinner?" Jongdae asked. His voice didn't give it away but he was actually pretty excited about it. He'd been waiting all day for the phone call.

 

Excited and nervous. It was their first anniversary. 

 

"Yeah." Came Tao's curt reply.

 

Jongdae furrowed his brows, "You know, It's okay if you can't, I understand you're busy," He just really wanted to make sure, he didn't want to get his hopes up.

 

Most of the movies he watched, and the books he's read, it was always like that. The husband would make a promise and for one reason or another he would end up calling to cancel.

 

"I wouldn't make a promise if I have no intention of keeping it. Not to mention it would be such a waste to the slavery I've subjected myself to if I can't make it," Tao said, determination in his voice.

 

Jongdae couldn't help the smile gracing his lips, "Big words you're using there," He hummed, "Well, If you say so..."

 

"Three days is enough time, I'll make it, Jongdae." Tao reassured.

 

And Jongdae had no choice but to surrender, "Okay..." He answered sulkily.

 

"Don't worry," He heard the humor in his husband's voice, "So I'm going to have to cut this call short for now, okay?"

 

"Okay. See you." 

 

{+}

 

Two days later, Jongdae woke up to a familiar warmth pressing against his back and an arm draped over his waist. Almost two weeks of having the whole bed to himself wasn't that joyful, he kind of missed sharing. Out of habit, he leaned into the heat, "Tao..." He murmured, groggily rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. As usual, the first thing he saw was the calendar set behind the digital sit-up clock on the bedside table.

 

He stared at the calendar, filled with Xs to keep up with the days till Tao's return, which was on the 12th. Then he dragged his gaze to the clock.

 

8.04 am.

 

The small date on the side blinking. 11th.

 

His eyes went wide, body stiffening. Tao was due back tomorrow! 

 

Then who-

 

He jumped out of bed with a shriek, making sure his sleepwear was still on the way it was before he went to bed. Once he did, he turned back to face the bed. 

 

Surely enough, it was Tao, blonde hair and long limbs and all, "You're up early..." the blonde slurred out, leaning his head back to squint at his husband.

 

"Tao...?" Jongdae gasped out.

 

"Yeah...?"

 

Crawling onto the bed, Jongdae took one of the pillows and lifted it over his head, before bringing it down to hit his husband repeatedly.

 

Their morning was filled with Tao's laugh, the man flailing around so as to try to shield himself from his husband's assaults. He managed to grab onto one of Jongdae's wrist and soon enough caught the other, "I said stop!" He laughed out.

 

"What are you doing here!" 

 

"I finished my work early," Tao let himself fall back onto the mattress, catching his breath, Jongdae in his arms, "I'll take your word for it next time when you said you don't like surprises- Hey, what are you doing?"

 

Jongdae meanwhile was hiding his face,but that didn't really matter his ears probably gave it away that he was blushing. Which was why he was currently trying to suffocate his husband by putting his weight on him. 

 


 

hahahhahahjfsjdf ubuuuu more taochennnn besotted husband tao ughh sorry for any grammar mistakes just dum happy ideas i like typing out