Chapter 3

I'll Make You Love Me-hiatus-

[Junho’s POV]

The day I’ve been waiting for has arrived. My parents waved me off happily as I got out of the car. I stood still for awhile in front of the restaurant where I’m supposed to meet my bride-to-be. I smoothed out the creases on my shirt and took in a deep breath before walking through the doors.

“Welcome to Yong Su San. How may I help you, sir?” the receptionist greeted me.

“I’m here for a reservation for Lee Junho & Kim Hye Jung,” I stated as the receptionist typed into her computer.

“This way, sir,” the receptionist lead the way.

After I was shown to the private room on the second floor, I was left alone waiting for my bride-to-be to come. I looked at the watch on my left hand showing the time 10 minutes to 12. I hummed slowly when the doors suddenly opened and the receptionist was entering. The ‘Kim Hye Jung’ was following her from behind. I got up from my seat wanting to greet her.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” she bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I bowed back.

We looked at each other quietly for a moment.

“Your food will arrive shortly,” the receptionist said before leaving the both of us.

“Kamsahamnida,” Hye Jung and I replied simultaneously and bowed to the receptionist.

I looked at the girl standing in front of me. She was wearing dark skinny jeans with a white top underneath her red blazer. Her long hair flowing beautifully and she had on natural makeup. I gave her a smile and went over to her side and pulled out her chair for her.

“Kamsahamnida,” she looked back at me.

“Gwenchana,” I replied as I went back to my seat.

Now it was her turn to stare at me. I sat there quietly as her eyes scanned me up and down.

“I’m Kim Hye Jung. Nice to meet you,” she held out her hand.

“Nice to meet you too. I’m Lee Junho,” I took her hand and shook it. Her hand felt so soft and small in mine.

“My parents told me a lot about you,” she started as she placed her arms on the table.

“Same here,” I smiled warmly. She still had on the stoic expression on her face. I kept quiet not knowing what more to say. I picked up the glass at the side and sipped on the drink.

“Junho-ssi, how old are you?” she suddenly asked.

“I’m turning 25 this year. What about you?” I looked back at her.

“So it hasn't passed your birthday yet? I’m turning 24 years old,” she looked at me with her eyebrows tilted.

“Ne, my birthday’s on the 25th,” I chuckled slightly at the thought that she’s finally showing a little bit of curiosity.

“Ahh.. Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked, her cold brown eyes piercing into mine. Her eyes were so dark that it doesn’t seem like its brown in colour.

I just smiled, “Aniya. Just.. you’re pretty.”

“Oh, ne,” and there she went back to her impenetrable side. I let a small sigh escaped my lips. Luckily she didn’t noticed it. This might not be as easy as I thought.

[Hye Jung’s POV]

The meal turned out to be splendid. I sipped on my drink as the silence engulfed us as we finished our meal. To be honest, I don’t know what I should do now since I’ve never went to this sort of things. I looked at the man sitting in front of me, Lee Junho.

At this moment, I couldn’t help but wonder, what was I thinking when I said okay to this marriage? Not that I had plans, but to be married to someone I barely know? I knew I was given a choice at the beginning, but even if I rejected, dad wouldn’t have approved of it.

“Do you think we can speak informally now?” Junho asked, interrupting my train of thoughts.

“Ne Junho-ssi,” I nodded.

“You don’t have to call me Junho-ssi then Hye Jung-ah,” he chuckled slightly.

“But its the way it supposed to be,” I argued.

“Arasso, any way that you’re comfortable with Hye Jungie,” he flashed me a smile.

Hye Jungie.. Hye Jungie..” that name, Dae Hyun oppa used to call me that all the time. Tears were starting to flood my eyes. I blinked back those tears before Junho could noticed. He looked at me weirdly but I shrugged it off.

“Do you like going for walks?” he asked, suddenly.

I was a bit taken aback, “Wae?”

“Should we go for a walk?” he asked in a tone of a little kid, almost pleading. Was he for real?

“Ne, let’s go,” I said as I got up from my seat.

He hurriedly got up from his seat and went over to my side and act like a gentleman.

“Gomawo, Junho-ssi,” I nodded to him as I got up from my seat and smoothed out the creases on my blazer.

Junho stood by the door waiting for me.

[Junho’s POV]

After we got out of the restaurant, we walked on the streets for awhile before going into a nearby park. I’ve always enjoyed going for walks since I went to study in America. I looked at Hye Jung who was walking quietly beside me. The wind was blowing her hair covering her face. I glanced at her as she desperately tried to get the hair out of her face.

Instinctively, I reached at her hair and tucked it behind her ear. She acted nonchalant, but her face was slowly starting to blush, even when she was not smiling. I don’t even think she knew that she was blushing.

“Gomawo,” she nodded to me and looked back to the front.

“Gwenchana,” I smiled to myself.

I looked down at her hands. She was playing with the little ring on her index finger. It had a little red rose on it.

“Yeppeo,” I said as she looked up at me, wondering, as I gestured to the ring.

“Gomawo, it was a gift from a.. friend,” she said as she looked down at the said ring. The expression on her face became so dark. We walked in silence for awhile.

“What do you like Junho-ssi?” she asked suddenly, still looking down.

I looked at her, eyebrows arched, “So sudden?” She shrugged and moved her gaze to the front. “Umm, I like going for walks like this and have a picnic. Art stuffs. What about you?”

She just shrugged, “Ahhh, I don’t think it would be interesting to you.”

“Try me,” I challenged her, “Who knows we have a common interest?”

“All I do is managing my parents’ business. That’s all,” she cut me off.

“That can’t be. Perhaps, you like shopping? Baking? It may not be interesting to me but it has to be something that you like from your heart,” I urged, pointing at my heart.

She didn’t respond.

“Or.. you like composing flowers? I know it’s a bit-”

“I don’t want to tell you. What part of that don’t you understand?” she snapped.

“I-”

She stopped walking and faced me, “Mianhe, that was very rude of me.” She bowed and I did the same.

“Gwenchana,” I said, feeling bad for pushing her at it.

I let out a sigh as we continued to walk in the park. Hye Jung didn’t utter a single word after the outburst.

“Don’t you have friends to hang out with?” I asked, feeling a bit strange.

“I just don’t go out that much. That’s all,” she muttered as she kept her head down.

I simply nodded my head, not knowing what to say. Suddenly, a thought came into my mind, “Hye Jung-ah, when’s the last time you went out for a picnic?”

“Wae?” she asked, eyebrows furrowed.

“Why don’t we have a picnic tomorrow? It could be fun,” I suggested.

[Hye Jung’s POV]

“Picnic? Tomorrow?” I asked again, slowly.

“Ne, just the both of us. Sounds fun right?” he exclaimed excitedly. Oh God.

“I guess so,” I replied, unsure.

Junho suddenly stopped walking. I stopped too and turned to face him. I stumbled a bit when he placed his hands on my shoulders, “Hye Jung-ah, what’s with the long face? Go out and have fun once in a while, arasso?”

“Ne, arasso,” I replied shortly and he flashed me his same smile from before.

I didn’t realized I was staring at him for so long until he snapped me out of my trance. He had an amused look on his face.

“Am I that good-looking that you’re drooling over me?” he asked cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Mwo? Ahhh jinjja,” I rolled my eyes.

“You like me, don’t you?” he teased.

I continued walking, leaving him behind. He jogged up to me and matched his pace with mine. He chuckled slightly as he glanced at me.

We ended up calling for the driver to pick us up as the day was getting dark. Junho walked me to the door as we reached my house, or should I say mansion.

“Gomawo, Junho-ssi. For today,” I bowed to him and he does the exact same.

“Gwenchana. Don’t forget about today, arasso?” he said as he held out his pinky finger. Strange.

“Wae-yo?” I asked, completely confused.

“This is to make a promise to not to forget about today, our first date, ireohke,” he explained as he intertwined our pinky fingers together.

I feel the heat rising up to my face. I looked at our intertwined fingers and looked up to face him.

“Arasso, I won’t forget about today.”