Chapter 2

I'll Make You Love Me-hiatus-

[Hye Jung’s POV]

The elevator travelled up 31 floors and dinged as I reached my destination. I excused myself through the crowd and made my way out to my office. The usual chatter of the staff in the morning accompanied my every step. A small sigh escaped my lips as I hear bits and pieces of their conversation.

“Good morning Hye Jung-ssi,” Jia unnie who was sitting behind the counter stood up and greeted me as she saw me walking in.

“Good morning boss,” the new intern, Mark, greeted along with a bow.

I nodded slightly as the staff greeted me along the way. As I turned the doorknob to my office, I noticed a familiar figure waiting for my arrival in the chair in front of my desk.

“Trespassing in a boss’ office? You’re getting a bit extreme now don’t you think?” I sneered as I hung my coat on the hanging rack.

The figure turned around to face me, “Good morning to you too.”

“What do you want, Chansung-ssi?” I asked, taking the seat across him.

“I told you to call me oppa. I’m older than you, you know?” he shot back.

“But I don’t want to call you oppa. Okay Chansung-ssi?”

“Fine, you and that stubborn head of yours,” he pouted.

“Glad that you know, oppa.”

Chansung oppa sneered at my comment, then the realization of my words hit him, “Yah! Why do you always tease me like this?”

I shrugged off his remark, “Because I like to.”

Chansung oppa and I always start our morning with a friendly squabble, which is fun considering that he’s the only person who is close to me, apart from my family. I still remember how we met when he first joined the company two years ago. He came to the company a few weeks after I arrived at the company. He immediately tried to talk to me and become my friend. He was so annoying.

The moment I shut my mouth, he went on again, “Hye Jung-ah, the chairman told me that you’re getting married. Is that true? With who? Why didn’t you tell me? Wae?”

I simply nodded my head against his barrage of questions, not bothering to answer them.

Knowing that I was ignoring him, Chansung oppa decided to use his aegyo to push me for answer, because he knows how much I hate it. “Hye Jung cutie, who are you marrying? he batted his eyelashes at me and made his best puppy eyes, Tell me.”

I flinched as he did his killer aegyo, “Arasso, arasso. I’m marrying Lee Junho from Lee Group. Happy?”

“Happy. I know the chairman and the director, but I’ve never met their son. Have you?”

“My parents told me the same thing. No, but I’m going to have lunch with him this Saturday.”

Chansung oppa jumped up excitedly from his seat with his arms outstretched. “Good, good. Then, congratulations dongsaeng. Ahh, my dongsaeng is growing up and she’s getting married. Now, give me a hug.” His smile stretched from ear to ear.

“Gomawo, oppa. But no, I don’t want to hug you.”

He shook his head and went to my side of the table. “Stand up.”

I simply obeyed, resigning myself to my fate. As soon as I stood up, his hard chest knocked into me, and his big, muscular arms wrapped me in a tight hug. Against my will.

“Oppa, let.. go. Its..too..tight.” I squeaked out. Unfortunately, he hugged me even tighter. My hands started to move uncontrollably just to get him off of me.

“Arasso, arasso.” Finally, he let go of me.

“Yah, what’s the point of hugging if you’re just going to crush my bones? Aish.. chincha..” I huffed angrily.

He pouted at me as if I was a baby. “So cuteeee.” To add fuel to the fire, he pinched my cheeks and ran out of my office.

“Doesn't he know he pinches like a crab? Ahh” I muttered as I rubbed at my reddening cheeks.

[Junho’s POV]

“Hyung!!!” I called out as I walked into the studio where I usually hung out with the hyungs. The four older guys looked up at me as I reached the lounge area.

“Hyung, I’m getting married!” I exclaimed happily.

“What?” the hyungs asked in unison.

“Did I hear him correctly?” Jun.K hyung asked no one in particular.

“I’m getting married.” I stated again.

“Daebak..” Wooyoung exclaimed as he clapped excitedly. He pointed at the oldest in the room, “Hyung, he’s younger than you, but he’s already engaged.” He burst into laughter at Jun.K's menacing glare.

Taecyeon hyung and Nickhun hyung joined in the laughter as we gathered around on the sofa. Jun.K hyung still had his eyes shooting deadly glares at Wooyoung; who showed no signs of stopping his laugh.

“Congratulations, Junho-yah. Anyway, who are you marrying?” Nichkhun hyung asked, trying to bring the conversation back around.

“Thank you, hyung. Her name is Kim Hye Jung. My parents arranged the marriage with her parents.”

“And?” Jun.K hyung prompted me to continue.

“And? What do you want me to say?" I looked around at the hyungs who were looking at me weirdly.

“You’re okay with it?” Taecyeon hyung asked, concerned.

“Why wouldn't I be okay with it?”

“It's a big step, Junho-yah. And you’re not getting married out of love. Are you okay with that? What if she just wants your money?” Wooyoungie reasoned as he placed himself next to Nickhun hyung on the sofa.

“We’ll see about that. I’m meeting her this Saturday for the first time. Do you want to tag along?” I looked at the e-mail on my phone with the information about the date in it.

“Are you crazy?” Jun.K hyung snapped, bewildered. “We are not going to ruin your first date.”

“Why don’t we search for her on the web to know more about her?” Taecyeon hyung said out of the blue as he took out his phone and started typing away, Kim..Hye..Jung..

We sat in silence as we waited for Taecyeon hyung to speak up. I shifted a little in my seat next to Jun.K hyung.

“Ooo yeppeo..” Taecyeon hyung muttered silently.

I snatched his phone away from his hands and looked at the photo on it. The girl seemed to be at a corporate event. Her eyes seemed to stare right through me with a serious look. Like she was trying to figure me out. But, that didn’t change the fact that she was beautiful. There were no words to describe how flawless she looked; her long, brown hair, falling in waves, just reaching her mid back. Her tall, slender figure and her dark eyes which seemed so sad and lost.

I kept staring at her photo. “Omma was right. She’s beautiful.” The words just slipped out of my mouth.

“What?” The hyungs asked, confused.

“She’s beautiful.” I repeated, my eyes still locked on her photo. A smile started to form on my mouth. I couldn't wait to meet her.