# o3

Hushed Melancholy

 

# o3


 


 

SIX MONTHS LATER.

 

“Taemin, where are you going?”

“Out, hyung.”

“Hospital?”

“I’ll drop by on the way. Do you need anything?”

“No. Nothing.”

Taemin took his red Converse sneakers to the door and wore them quickly. Finishing doing so, he picked up his bag and slung them over his shoulder. Kibum, who was standing a few meter away from him, just looked at him in meaningless stare. A straight line formed when he pressed his lips. Taemin looked back for a moment and smiled at Kibum before waving goodbye. He grabbed the door knob.

“Are you sure of what you’re doing?” Kibum asked.

“Yes.” Taemin answered, short.

“You might regret -”

“I don’t want to live in this hushed melancholy anymore.”

Kibum was voiceless as he stared at the back of Taemin, musing over the matters. He could not bear to see Taemin looking pale, lifeless and hopeless. He did not want to see the puffy eyes, the silent sobs and tiny scream for life of the boy any longer. Even so, he did not want the boy to regret over his decision later.

“Are you giving up, then?”

“No. He’ll make it.” Taemin said as he twisted the knob.

“Taemin,” Kibum called.

“I’m going. Bye,” Taemin bid goodbye and walked out of the house.

Kibum shook his head as he saw the door closed. I hope you’re not going to regret later, he thought. He went to his room and took his towel before getting undressed. He himself needed to get prepared to go for a date with Jonghyun. It had been long since he met his boyfriend because of work. A smile slowly appeared on his face as he reminisced the moment when all of them were together.

 


 

Taemin walked out of the hospital and took a small peek at his watch that wrapped itself around his small wrist. Oh, I’m almost late, he thought as he immediately made his way to the nearest zebra-cross. He crossed the busy road and rushed to the planned meeting place. As soon as he saw the familiar tall figure from afar, a broad smile grew on his face. It had been long since his naturally smiled like that.

“Minho-hyung!” He shouted out to capture the man’s attention.

Minho raised his head and was blissfully happy to see the boy running at him. He waved to the boy with a grin stuck on his handsome visage. The said boy was almost breathless as he arrived and stood near to the taller man. He gave a quick hug and pecked the elder on lips. Minho happily received the quick kiss and patted the boy on his head.

“You’re pretty out of breath, huh?” Minho asked as he took the small hand in his.

“I don’t want to be late,” Taemin answered.

“Let’s go. The movie is starting in fifteen minutes.”

They walked hand-in-hand into the cinema. Whilst Minho bought tickets for them, Taemin got lined-up to buy them popcorn and soda drink. Giving a few notes to the worker, he took a box of popcorn and a cold drink. He knew his bought would not matter later in the showroom. He did not know why he bought them anyway. Perhaps, it was because everyone did so. He did want to admit that what they were doing was different from others. He wanted to believe that they were doing the right thing like others, when they actually did not.

“You got the tickets?” Taemin asked as he gave the popcorn to Minho.

“Yes. Perfect place,” Minho said.

They looked at each other and both knew awkwardness tried to hover of them. Minho smiled to calm the boy down and draped his arm around the small waist. He pecked at the soft hair of Taemin and patted his . Taemin bowed down in embarrassment and slowly, redness surfaced on his cheeks. Minho loved that to appear, especially when he was the cause.

“Let’s go in,” Taemin said when he could not stand the hotness anymore.

They gave their ticket to the staff assigned there and walked into the showroom. Minho held Taemin’s hand as he guided them to their seat. Taemin looked around him and thought that Minho was absolutely right when he said he booked the perfect place for them. Minho sat down beside Taemin and turned to the boy. He kissed the cheek for a long moment before pulling away to smile at him.

Minho still had their hands glued together as he rubbed his thumb over the smooth skin of the boy’s hand. He bent down to take off his shoes and his socks, like they had always done. Then, he took Taemin’s feet and took off his sneakers and socks too. It was sort of preparation to them, that was what Taemin thought. Speaking of the boy, he was already all red with this, knowing things that were going to happen later.

The lights slowly faded out as indication that the movie was starting. Taemin’s heartbeats quickly raised its tempo, beating hard against his chest. He was always nervous and anxious when the movie was starting. We’re watching Thor after all. You don’t have to be this nervous, Taemin calmed himself down. He tightened his grip on their glued and sweaty hands.

“You’re okay, Minnie?” Minho asked.

Minnie, Taemin thought and looked deeply at Minho with his other hand gripping at the nape of Minho’s neck. Thirty minutes later, as expected though they went a little faster this time, it finally happened. It happened like a routine when they went to watch movies. Honestly, they never exactly watched any movie that they watched.

“Mmhh…” Taemin was careful not to let his moans out too loud.

Minho palmed the back of Taemin’s head and pushed both of them closer to deepen the kiss. Kiss, yes, they were making out. Taemin felt highly guilty to do this and leave his real world for a momentary pleasure. He knew he should not do this. It was wrong. Cruelly wrong for him to do such immoral sins in the public. However, he could not hold his lonely self and needy lust. He needed warmth and love and Minho had it all.

Making out, they were quite grateful the movie was almost constantly loud and the other people seemed too immersed into the storyline to listen to the little arousing noises. The younger tried hard not to slip out his pleasured moans. As their tongues danced and teeth awkwardly clashed with each other, Minho was careful with his pace. He had mastered the ways to keep it silent but pleasuring for both of them, all thanks to the experience of doing this more than a few times. He wanted this to benefit both sides.

He could feel how breathless Taemin was with the rough kisses attack on his plump lips. Yet, the younger boy was determined in trying to catch up with Minho. He kept up with kissing even though the worst stage of oxygen-lacking he was in. Minho stopped for while at the mouth and caught the soft sigh of Taemin as he started to inhale oxygen properly.

“Don’t stop, hyung.”

Minho took the cue and attached his slightly swollen lips onto the smooth skin on the neck of the boy. He wanted to at least, let the boy breathe while they had fun. He kissed random parts of the neck and bit lightly when he found a suitable spot. Taemin felt the tiny sweet bites against his neck and instantly seized the back of Minho.

“Don’t leave hickey, hyung. No hickey.” Taemin whispered.

Minho nodded and cautiously continued their making-out session without leaving any marks on the boy. He did not know why Taemin never want any marks on his skin. He took that possibly it was because the younger was working with public. It would be hard for him to explain the hickeys, if he made some, to his workmates and public later on. He respected Taemin and did as he was told not to.

Although it was awkward for them to make out in the showrooms, that was the furthest they had gone to.

 


 

Taemin and Minho were wearing their socks and shoes as the credits rolled on. The popcorn scattered around their place when Taemin accidentally kicked the box just now. He was too absorbed in the kissing and was surprised to find their box of popcorn was gone later. Just like he mentioned before, not like the things that he bought mattered when they started kissing and eating each other, literally.

“Let’s go,” Minho said and kissed Taemin for the final time.

Minho hoisted his hand and wiped away the track of saliva that coated Taemin’s swollen red lip. The younger boy blushed and looked down. Minho noticed this and tried to mend the low self-esteem of the boy. He tucked his forefinger under the pointy chin and brought the face up to look at him. He smiled and ruffled his hair. Taemin smiled back.

“Want to grab something?” Minho asked as he pulled Taemin out of the showroom with their hands clung to each other.

All of their making out and kissing had made him hungry. Taemin nodded his head and let Minho brought them to their usual place for late-night. They went in and were seated by the same waitress whom they merely know as ‘Yoomi’. She was like their permanent server in the restaurant and she did not really care about it much. She was actually happy to serve them. Moments later after sitting, Taemin took out his phone when it rang.

 

KIBUM

 

“Hello?” Taemin answered.

‘Where are you? I went to the hospital but you’re not there.’

“I’m at a restaurant. I went earlier just now.”

‘With whom are you with? Minho, isn’t it?’

“Yes. Why? Is there any progress?”

‘No. He’s still not responding. But he’s okay.’

Taemin heaved a relief sigh.

“If anything happens, call me.”

Then, it was only silence that greeted both persons. Neither Kibum nor Taemin spoke.

‘Stop it, won’t you? You’re going to hurt everybody.’

“I know what I’m doing, hyung. I’m hanging up. Bye.”

With that Taemin hung up and kept his phone in his pocket. He looked at Minho and smiled casually like usual. Minho took his hand and pecked it about twice before putting them back on the table. Thanks to the interrupter Yoomi for bringing over their food. Minho thanked the bubbly girl and she skipped her way back to the front of the restaurant to greet customers. Taemin slid his plate in front of him and was about to eat when Minho spoke, continuing his interrupted moment.

“Taemin, you know that I love you, right?”

Taemin did not know why he suddenly lost his appetite when Minho told him that. Instead, his stomach was filled with guilty. Pure guilty.

 


 

 

“They told me that you’re more stable lately. You need to be healthy, okay? So that we can all play together again. You, I, Kibum and Jonghyun can play together when you’re feeling better. You know that I love you, right? You’re coming back, right? Don’t leave me alone.”


 


Not much to say. Is the story progressing too fast? I woke up at 4.30 a.m. and wrote this. Weird me, right? Thanks for reading. ^^

 

 

Love,

sapphysw