# o2

Hushed Melancholy

 

# o2

 


                       

“Hyung, guess what?” Minho screeched as he banged into the room.

“Minho, be careful not to step onto that bag,” Jinki said quickly.

Minho widened his legs and carefully stepped on the floor instead of the puffy bag. He was curious with the contents of the bag but frankly his interest to let Jinki know his story was much huger. Jinki halfheartedly lifted his body off the mattress and scratched his itchy back. Minho cheerily landed his butts on the space adjacent to Jinki and crept out the older man with his wide beam.

“You might tear off your mouth later,” Jinki noted.

“I just found out the boy’s address. He lives quite far away from us and there’s a weird and gay-ish person with him. I think they are weird.”

“How’d you – 

“I just sent some pizzas order for them. I was shocked too but he seemed not to recognize me at all. I think his name is Kibum seeing as he was the one that pick up the order first. I’m pretty sure of that.”

“How’re you sur – 

“The order was under the name of Kim Kibum. Damn, he looked so cute back then; especially when he was wrestling with the weird guy. They were struggling for money. It was so childish. Hell, Kibum’s so cute.”

“How’d you cer – 

“I’m really certain that it’s him. I’m not blind. Hyung, I want to meet him again tomorrow. Oh my, I can’t stop thinking about him -”

“If you’re not going to let me talk, walk out of my room,” Jinki stated harshly, pointing his forefinger at the door willingly.

“Ah, why? You’re so sullen lately,” Minho moaned crossly.

“Want to hear my sad story?” Jinki looked over at Minho with a fake puppy eyes on his face and little wet pout.

“No, thanks. I’m going,” Minho rapidly said as he stood up.

“I accidentally got Jonghyun’s MP4 into the toilet and flushed it,” Jinki suddenly yelled in a sulking way.

“What, What?”

 


 

Minho had been cursing all the way through the day since he first stepped out of his house till now. He just cannot stop his moving mouth while cursing at Jinki as he searched for any gadget shop. One by one shop, he passed by as the scowl still stuck on his visage. The public around him, fortunately, seemed not to become conscious of his existence and cursing. He silently thanked God for that.

“Ouch, mind your way,” A girl cried as she balanced herself but ended up squashed on the ground.

“Oh. Sorry, Miss,” Minho apologized.

The girl looked up at Minho.

“It’s you, boy? We meet again,” Minho said merrily, holding his hand out to help Taemin on the ground.

“Thank you,” Taemin said as he straightened up his hooded jacket.

“It’s such a coincidence we meet again, Kibum-ssi.”

“Whatever. Eh, what again?”

Without prior notice, an old muttering grandma pushed both of them to the side of the pathway, conveying how exasperated she was with both of them having tête-à-tête in her way. Minho mechanically caught the thin body in his long arms and embraced him slightly tight. Meanwhile, Taemin, who was also surprised with the sudden push by the old woman, unknowingly let himself engulfed by the homey embrace. His head was in contact with the muscular chest of Minho when he heard a tempo of heartbeats. He looked up.

“Are you okay?”

A hue of pinkness surfaced on Taemin’s cheeks.

“Yes. Well, thank you again.”

They broke away from the hug. Taemin wished he could stand a meter away from the man. However, a strange feeling in him told him that he did not want to. He wanted to see the man, though he did not know the name yet, even just for a while. He felt anomalous.

“You’re welcome, Kibum-sshi.”

“Emm, yes. Kibum,” Taemin whispered softly.

“Why don’t we go for drinks first? It’s my treat,” Minho offered kindly.

“I’m sorry I need to go somewhere else.”

“Come on. It’s impolite to turn down an offer, you know?”

It’s rude to refuse a good offer. Remember that, Taemin recalled the advice once he was told. He stared at Minho, the optimistic look on the man’s face. He lowered his face and looked up again. Slow but discernible, he nodded his head vaguely. Minho broadened his grin and unconsciously took Taemin’s hand in his. Their fingers fit so perfectly with each other. They casually walked to the nearest coffee house.

Taemin and Minho settled down on a table near the glassy window after taking their order. Minho placed the tray that he was holding on the table and sat on one of the seats. Taemin sat on the one facing him and sighed. Minho took the mocha-flavored ice blend and handed it to the boy. He took his own order which was a hot cappuccino. Taemin thanked and the drink from the straw warily.

“May I ask you something, Kibum-sshi?” Minho asked after taking a sip of his hot drink.

“Sure thing,” Taemin replied, suppressing his laughter.

“Why are you acting so cold to me? Are you really the type not to talk much?”

“I just don’t like to meet new people. But it seems like you’re the contrary of me. Please don’t mistake me as someone rude.”

“Ah, I thought you dislike me. You always look sad though. Why? Is someone hurting you, Kibum?”

Taemin stopped drinking his ice blend. He was silent for about a minute, no word came out from him and that nearly freaked Minho out. The boy lowered his head and sited the cold drink on the table, chuckling. He looked up and Minho could swear he saw thin layers of glass-like were forming in his eyes for a fraction of a second. Promptly, Taemin blinked the tears away, vanishing off the proof of him just about to spill tear.

“No. No one – ” His phone went off.

“Hello, Kibum. Why? He vomited?” Taemin answered before rapidly cut the conversation off and kept his phone in his pocket after Kibum talked.

Taemin stood up and quickly grabbed his wallet out of his bag. He took out some cash and slammed them unintentionally onto the table. He bowed off to Minho. Minho was taken aback by the sudden acts of the boy. He anticipated it to be good and only good today.

“What’s wrong? Wait, you’re not Kibum right?” Minho asked when something knocked his brain, at last.

“I’m sorry I’ve an urgent matter.”

“Wait, what’s your name if you’re not Kibum?” Minho asked rapidly.

“Taemin. Lee Taemin. Thanks for the drink. Goodbye.”

With that, the boy was already out of the coffee house and away from Minho’s sight. He disappeared just like that, like a dust wafted by breeze. Minho gave out a disconcerted whine. He wanted to learn more about the boy but it was not his day today. He sipped his hot cappuccino. Come what may, I’ll search for you. Lee Taemin, I’ll find you, he thought.

 


 

“Please don’t scare me out like that again. I almost faint on the floor just now. But I’m happy that you’re still here, at least. I miss you. Please, come back to me. Please, please, please come back to me. You’re coming back to me, right? You are, right?

 


 

Again, this is copied from the original. Some of you might have read this. Don’t worry, my dear. Starting from the next chapter, everything will begin. Thanks for reading. ^^

 

Love,

sapphysw