teaser O1: beautiful nightmare | august 02, 2011

the V E R T I G O society | applyCLOSED

teaser one: beautiful nightmare

 

There were days when all a girl wanted to do was frolic among the flowers and shout random declarations of love to every person in sight. There would be random balloons floating in the sky, birds chirping to their little hearts' content, and the world seemed to have gotten rid of all the malice and unhappiness that formerly lived upon it. There were those perfect days, believe it or not.

But for a certain Junior Elite, today just wasn't that day.

For Kwon Yuri, being the star student in every single one of her classes was not optional. Sure, on the outside, she might seem like the epitome of a perfect Elite: she was intelligent, pretty, athletic, and artistically talented. Although her primary ability is ice manipulation, she was also bestowed with superhuman speed. Too bad her parents didn't care about how perfect she was--they just wanted her to be the best compared to other, seemingly more "gifted" students.

That was why she had decided to spend the whole entire Saturday studying her off for the following week's exams instead of going out like her roommates were planning to do. 

"Hey, Kwon," her roommate teased while on peppermint candy, "You're actually ditching a whole day of Rapture Plaza just to revise on a couple stupid tests? Why don't you follow your magnificent best friend on a day of glorious shopping?"

Francesca Mancini, oh, where do we begin with describing this terrifying Italian-Chinese socialite. Her main ability is self-detonation, and she herself doesn't know why she has this power. But if there's one thing for sure, she knows how to use her power to her advantage. She's been known to beat the daylights out of even the captain of the wrestling team (although she herself doesn't bother with wrestling; she is far too high class for that type of sport) with her "atomic hits". On impact, her fist (or foot) will explode, leaving a quite dreadful effect on the victim. That's why many students try their hardest to keep her content, in fear of being socked by her powerful fists.

She might sound like a hideous thug but her appearance will tell you otherwise. Her delicate Eurasian features and alluring dark chocolate hair makes her look like a harmless little girl, and her body--her 10 out of 10, picture-perfect body--brings most of the hot-blooded male students trailing on her feet. Not to mention the fact that she's mixed (and has a British accent), which makes her even more exotic in the boys' eyes. Too bad she's a giant tease that likes to leave behind a trail of broken hearts in her wake.

And sure, she's hot and everything, but really inside of her colossal head (figuratively) is a brain that is too conceited to function. If only her ambition is as big as her Jupiter-sized ego, then maybe she can stop failing on most of her tests. But it's not like she's a bimbo; she just can't muster enough effort to give a damn about school. If anything, all she does is indulge in her vanity and pretend like the world revolves around her. 

"Unlike you, Frankie," Yuri sighed, "I actually want to pass this year, so I'm studying whether you like it or not."

"Are you actually saying what I think you're saying?" Francesca gasped, heavy British accent and what not, "Even the teachers think you study too much. Relax. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but that pretty face of yours doesn't deserve to be hidden from the world like that."

Yuri smirked with amusement, "Did I just hear the great Francesca Mancini compliment someone other than herself? Wow, you've really turned a new leaf. Maybe it's that new boy-toy of yours."

"Excuse me," the Italian sneered with her nose high up in the air, "I don't need boys to change my attitude. All I'm saying is that you should relax once in a while. You know. 'Hang out' with your mates and not blow us off just so you can study,"

The Korean mumbled quietly, as if speaking to herself, "It's not like anyone else cares if I go anyway,"

Francesca gasped again, "Not care? Trust me when I say that there are more guys that are head over heels for you than the amount of crisps that Delancey eats every day. And believe me, that is a huge number. I even heard about a certain Choi Minho that wants to ask you out,"

Yuri's ears perked up at the mention of his name, "Really? Does he…alright fine, I'll go, but I'm not--"

"HA! 200 Merits to the almighty Francesca Mancini!" her friend screamed, jumping off her bed and flailing to the lounge, "Where's my money, es?"

"How the hell did you get Yuri to stop studying?" the group's sonic screamer, Delancey Schultz, protested (and quite loudly, too) while eating from a pack of family-sized potato chips.

Francesca scoffed, "It was all thanks to my amazing eloquence…and to the fact that Kwon's been crushing on that tall Korean guy ever since Novice Year."

"Cheater," mind manipulator Vera Petrova cowered, pushing buttons on her PeaPod device. She had half a mind to manipulate Francesca into give her 50 Merits, but she was too nice to do that.

"What's done is done, Petrova," Francesca looked down on her own device to make sure that the girls transferred the right amount of Merits to her account, "The hell…Fournier! Lee! Where is it?"

Chaerin "CL" Lee, the telekinetic, looked up from her coloring book and rolled her eyes, "I sent it thirty seconds ago, loser. At least try and be patient." She stared intently at the red colored pencil on the desk, and sure enough, it rose into the air and flew into her hand.

"Italia here's just used to having everything fall at her feet," Ariel Fournier, the technopath, snickered. She quickly turned back to strumming her guitar once she saw the piercing glare that Francesca was giving her. 

From inside her room, Yuri chuckled. Roommates. Couldn't live with them; couldn't live without them.

 

 

 

 

Author's ramblings ;

Hey, hey everyone! How'd you like this teaser? Yea, I know it's a bit short, and my use of OC's can be really confusing D: idk, I don't really picture an international school with 90% Koreans, don't you agree?
 
So I'm taking some of you guys' suggestions to consideration, but idk who to put for the head of houses. The whole which traits you need to have to get a house thing I've got down, and I'll update that later, but if you want a certain celebrity to be head of house, then just tell me and I'll assign him/her to the appropriate house :3
 
And sorry for the noob graphic design on the picture above lulz. Not really a photoshop person, as you can see o_o

greenteagelato ; august o2, 2011