envisage academy student booklet | july 31 2011

the V E R T I G O society | applyCLOSED

Envisage Academy Student Booklet

(will be updated in the future)

Envisage Academy; founded in 1843

Headmaster: Louis Bennett, Supreme Elite and certified Superhero (Noble Rank)

Location: South Korean countryside (the Elite dimension)

Houses

 

Envisage Academy divided up into four houses for organization, efficiency as well as teamwork purposes. Each student will share a dorm with other students of the same house, although the dorm rooms in a building will not be particular to a certain house. Houses will be placed against each other during friendly competitions such as the annual Junior Elite Tournament. There is also a point system in which the houses compete by earning or losing points in various activities throughout the year.

The houses are as follows:

- Contego House (Red)

- Animus House (Yellow)

- Magnus House (Blue)

- Teneo House (Green)
 

Merits

Envisage Academy prohibits the taking in or out of any kind of human world currency in the area. In place of paper money and coins, the academy works around the basis that if a student works hard, then they will be awarded accordingly. Money, in the academy, comes in the form of "Merits", a virtual currency created specifically for the academy. They are used as a method of paying for items / services in the school as well as other Elite buildings.

Merits are earned throughout the school year, depending on the study habits of students and their achievements. Although each teacher has their own method of awarding the students, the basic system is:

A+ = 50 Merits

A = 40 Merits

B = 30 Merits

C = 20 Merits

D = 10 Merits

F = No Merits

(Effort grades are also accounted for.)

Merits are mainly used during the students' weekly visit to Rapture Plaza, a large mega-mall near the area created for both Junior Elites as well as Elites. 

Students are allowed to exchange Merits, as long as both parties agree to the exchange. This is especially useful in situations like student-to-student tutoring. Merits are kept track mainly by the students' PeaPods, although there is a small "bank" near the administration office in the case of a large withdrawal or deposit.

The stealing of Merits is prohibited and the student(s) will be punished according to the amount that was stolen. In addition, unlawful use of Merits may earn the student(s) suspension from school activities and removal of PeaPod as well as Rapture Plaza privileges.

 

PeaPod

The PeaPod is a handheld multifunctional device created for the students' daily use. The structure is much like the human world's iPod Touch, but it is much more versatile and complex. It serves as a method of communication, organization, financial purposes, and much more. 

PeaPods are designed with a schedule so that all communication between these devices will be shut off during class. This is to prevent distraction between the sender as well as the receiver. PeaPods are not necessarily cellphones; they follow along the lines of a message sender. Private as well as mass-message modes are available on the PeaPod. The students' ID serve as "phone numbers".

Staff also use the PeaPods as a method of sending out announcements to the students during the duration of the day. This is to ensure that all students have received the announcement. There is, though, a large bulletin board by the office that display the same announcements sent by the staff.

PeaPods also serve as an organization tool for the students. Instead of having the students write down assignments, teachers will transmit them through their PeaPods. Class notes can be transmitted to the PeaPod once the class is over. The students' schedules are also kept in the PeaPod.

Merits that are earned by students are kept track through their PeaPods. Money exchanges are also done through the device. The PeaPod acts as a mini-bank account for the students.

Other functions of the PeaPod can be found in the PeaPod instructional booklet.

 

Transportation

Envisage Academy is located in the South Korean countryside, but students must travel through a portal in order to reach the dimension that Envisage is in. Many other Elite Academies are located in said dimension, along with other Elite structures and locations such as Rapture Plaza. This is to ensure secrecy from the human world.

Students / Elites arrive at the academy via The Glass Caterpillar--a transparent train that will take students to the portal. The portal is simply a borderline between the two dimensions; students do not need to exit out of the train. The Glass Caterpillar will also transport Elites and students around the Elite dimension.

 

Uniforms

 

  

 

School uniforms are mandatory for all classes, with the exception of physical-based classes. In this case, students are allowed to wear their own clothing (see Physical Training Uniforms). New students are to be in uniform no later than a week after admission. 

Uniform colors will be adjusted based on students' house placements. Shoes should be black and school appropriate. Stockings / socks are to be worn at all times. 

The basic female uniform consists of a white blouse, a skirt, a collared blazer, and a tie. A turtleneck collared button down jacket could be worn in place of the blazer and tie. 

The basic male uniform consists of a white oxford, a turtleneck collared button down jacket, and black trousers. Ties are optional.

Physical Training Uniforms

Students are allowed to wear sport clothing of their choice for physical-based classes, as long as they are loose, school-appropriate and comfortable to move in. Caps are to be worn during outdoor lessons. Sport shoes are to be worn for the duration of the class.

 

 

Author's ramblings ;

 

Yes, I know it's extremely lacking as of now, but mark my words this will be updated o_o If you have an idea as to what I should put in this "booklet", do enlighten meeee ;3;

Hehe, I'm doing pretty good with the whole updating thing. Once a day is alright, right? But when the actual story starts, I might have to push it to once a week since school's starting soon. Gahh.

OMG, I can't believe I almost forgot. Some elements in this are inspired by Lisi Harrison's book Alpha. Just so the credit goes where it belongs, ahaha. 

Welps, keep applying folks! :D