Our Dream

Baby Girl (one-shot)

“Good morning Mrs. Kwon” Jaejoong politely bowed after the front door was opened.

“Oh Jaejoong.. Come in” Mrs. Kwon opened the door widely.

The two of them walked to the living room and both sat down.

“How are you Jaejoong? It’s been three months since I last saw you” Mrs. Kwon spoke up.

“It’s been a while Mrs. Kwon..I was busy from work and fortunately my boss decided to give me two day offs” Jaejoong replied.

“And those days will be spent with Boa, right?” Mrs. Kwon teased and laughed with what she said.

Jaejoong also laughed. It was true. He wanted to spend it for his girlfriend.

“Boa is upstairs in her room. Go wake her up while I prepare breakfast” Mrs. Kwon stood up and was about to walk towards the kitchen.

“Mrs. Kwon” Jaejoong stopped her.

“Is there anything you need?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Well, my aunt wants me to stay at her house today until tomorrow for some babysitting. Is it possible if Boa can come with me?”

“I don’t see any problem with that. Just take good care of her” Mrs. Kwon smiled and went to the kitchen.

His lips formed a smile. He’ll be spending two days with Boa.
That’s all he wanted during those work days.

He went upstairs and knocked on Boa’s bedroom door. When no one was answering, he decided to open the door.

There she was, sitting on the chair..her arms and head were resting on her study table.
Beside her were lots of books and papers scattered on the table and the floor.

“This girl” Jaejoong went closer to her. He picked her up in a bridal style then slowly laid her on the bed.
He pulled the blanket up to her shoulder. He sat on the side of the bed and stared at her for a long time.

But remembering what he needs to do next, he kissed her forehead and whispered “Sweet dreams” to her.

He went downstairs and he saw Boa’s mom reading a newspaper.

He took a deep breath before approaching her.

Mrs. Kwon put down the newspaper and saw Jaejoong.

“Where’s Boa?” She asked.

“She looks really tired and I let her sleep first. I can wait for her” Jaejoong sat down and gulped hard.

“Sorry about my daughter..she’s been studying non-stop.”

“It’s fine Mrs. Kwon..last year of college is really tough. Many works need to be done”

“Well, that’s true. I remembered when you’re in that situation, Boa often told me that you don’t have time for her and you don’t love her anymore. Silly girl”

“Really? That’s absolutely false. I really really love her” Jaejoong strongly stated.

Hearing those words from him, Boa’s mom was touched. She is contented to have Jaejoong as her daughter’s lover.

“I know that Jaejoong and you’re the only one she loves so much”

Jaejoong beamed with what he heard. It made his heart melted.
But what if he heard those three words from Boa? He will surely be the happiest man on earth.

“Well, actually..” Jaejoong scratched the back of his head. He doesn’t know how he will say it.

“Actually what?” Mrs. Kwon curiously asked, giving an undivided attention to him.

“I need to talk about something I’ve been dreaming of” Jaejoong managed to say and it made him uncomfortable.

You look nervous Jaejoong. Relax a bit.” Mrs. Kwon smiled and continued “What is it that you want me to know?”

“I’m..”

*****

After a few minutes..

“Morning” Boa greeted while walking downstairs and rubbing her eyes.

“Good morning dear” Her mom greeted back.

“Morning love” Jaejoong spoke and Boa immediately looked at him.

“Jaejoong? Jaejoong!!” She lunged forward trapping Jaejoong with her bear hug which made them lose balance and both fell on the couch.

Mrs. Kwon cleared and Boa quickly stood up and looked down.

“Missed me that much?” Jaejoong and in return Boa stepped on his foot which Jaejoong yelp in pain.

“I’ll leave you two alone” Mrs. Kwon laughed and went upstairs.

When her mom disappeared from her sight, she sighed in relief. She then glared at her boyfriend who was grinning at her.

“Where’s my hug?” Jaejoong asked.

“I already gave it to you!” Boa punched his arms several times.

He got a hold of her hand “Why is my girlfriend angry at me?” He pouted while looking at her eyes.

Of course, Boa can’t help it but to give in with those eyes and pouting lips. She hugged him again. “Sorry”

They broke the hug and smiled at each other.

“Go pack some clothes” Jaejoong said “We’ll be going to my aunt’s house. Yunho, Junsu, Seulgi and Liyin will be there too”

Boa frowned. “I can’t”

“W-what? Why?” Jaejoong suddenly felt sad. This is not the way he planned it.

“You see, I have a thesis going on and I need to go to different municipalities today. So I can’t come with you” Boa explained.

“I’ll drive you” Jaejoong told her. He will not waste any time if she allowed him.

“My brother will pick me up. You know that he knows a lot of people in town and it will be easier for me to get some data. I’m really sorry” Boa reasoned out. Jaejoong looked down, feeling frustrated.

“But I’ll come later” Boa held his hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Promise me that” Jaejoong looked at her and pinched her cheek.

Boa nodded and Jaejoong stood up. “Let’s eat”

*****

“Yo Jae, where’s Boa?” Yunho asked as Jaejoong stepped into the house.

“Busy” Jaejoong told the four of them and collapsed on the couch.

“Oh yeah, eonni is doing her thesis” Liyin said and the three nodded understandingly.

“Hyung, I feel sorry for you” Junsu said and Jaejoong groaned in dismay. Seulgi smacked Junsu’s head and the others laughed.

“Yah! What was that for?” Junsu yelled and Seulgi hide at Yunho’s back. “Even though you’re older than me..”

“Then what?” Yunho asked and threatened Junsu with his eyes.

“N-nothing..Liyin~” Junsu sat beside Liyin who’s adjusting her violin case strap.

“Oppa, eonni” Liyin said looking at Yunho and Seulgi.

“Okay okay, we’ll stop” Seulgi told her. “It’s fun doing that to Junsu” Yunho agreed and the two of them started laughing.

“Jaejoong, you’re here” Jaejoong’s aunt interrupted them and Jaejoong stood up and hugged her.

”Where’s Boa?” his aunt searched around the room.

“She’s not here. She’ll come later” Jaejoong sat down and the tv.

“Oh..anyways, the six of you will babysit three children around eight months to two years old” His aunt announced.

“By the way eonni, why did you decided to babysit children?” Liyin asked.

“The parents are working during the night so I’m just helping them in caring for their kids”

“Ohhh” the four said in unison.

“Thanks by the way for helping me too”

*****

Evening..

“Boa!” Jaejoong’s aunt hugged her the moment she saw Boa at the front door. “I missed you!”

“I missed you too auntie” Boa hugged her back. “Where’s Jae?”

“Wanted to see my nephew so bad?” Boa blushed and Jaejoong’s aunt chuckled.

“Auntie~”

“Fine fine..he’s upstairs with Rina. He’s waiting for you” Boa beamed and went upstairs.

She saw the other four on the living room. She smiled at the scenario. Both Seulgi and Liyin are carrying a baby, trying to make them fall asleep and their boyfriends are beside them.

Then Boa heard someone crying. She went out to the terrace and she saw Jaejoong trying to calm Rina down.

“I want my omma!” Rina cried and cried and Jaejoong was panicking.

“Rina~” Boa sang her name and Rina and Jaejoong looked at Boa.

“Eonni!” Rina escaped from Jaejoong’s hold and ran to Boa.

Boa lifted her up and Rina embraced her and started crying again.

“Sshhh” Boa rocked her body sideways and hummed a song for Rina.

Jaejoong, on the other hand, smiled witnessing this scene. He thought that Boa can be a great mother someday.

Boa looked at him. “Is Rina asleep?” She asked in a low tone and Jaejoong nodded his head.

Seulgi went to the terrace and took Rina from Boa. Seulgi went inside wanting to leave the two love birds alone.

Boa followed her but was stopped when Jaejoong held her hand.

“Where do you think you’re going young lady?” Jaejoong grinned.

“Inside” Boa said pointing her finger to the living room. “Aren’t you coming?”

“No, I’m going to stay here with my baby girl” Jaejoong pulled Boa and turned her around so her back was facing him.

He wrapped his arms around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Baby girl?” Boa asked while looking at the stars. “I like it”

“I’ll call you that until we have our own daughter” Jaejoong said. Hoping it would come true.

“Yeah yeah whatever” Boa laughed at his boyfriend’s silliness.

“You don’t believe me?” He hugged her tighter and slipped a ring to her finger.

Boa gasped and raised her hand.

“Would you consider marrying me?”

Oh boy.

She turned around and looked at Jaejoong. “Are you serious?”

Jaejoong made a firm nod while looking at her with his loving eyes.

Tears started to form on Boa’s eyes as she embraced him.
Jaejoong returned the embrace and was contented to the outcome.

He held her arms and they were facing each other.

“I love you” Boa whispered.

“I love you so much” Jaejoong told her as he leaned forward, touching her soft lips with his.

And with that, it’s like time stopped at the two as the stars twinkled, witnessing Jaejoong’s proposal to his baby girl, Boa.

The end.

*****