Chapter 1

Do You Know the Secret?

*Your P.O.V*

 

Sungjae, we have been friends for a long time now, I think you can tell me one secret.” Sungjae sat me down on the school bench and said, “You promise you won’t freak out?” “Of course not.” I said. He then grabbed my hand and said, “I love you Park Minhee, always have, always will.” I quickly stood up. You, wait, wha-

“BEEEEEPPP!!” “My alarm!” I shot up from my bed and slammed my hand down on my alarm clock to turn it off. “Oh, thank God. It was just a dream.” I said, trying to catch my breath. “What was just a dream?” My sister Ewha asked. Ewha… She likes to know things. “Uh,er.. Nothing.” I replied. “You thought about it for too long, you have got to tell me.” She said, plopping herself on my bed. “I will tell you later, I have to get ready for school.” I said as I walked toward the door. Ewha grabbed me by my shoulder and said, “Minhee, it’s Saturday.” “Damn it.” I thought to myself. “Then why did my alarm-” “I set it for saturday. By the way it’s 7:00 a.m.” Minrin, my other sister, said quickly then took off running down the hall. “Ok. Also, Ewha, why were you in my room?” I asked. “To do this!!! Glomp!!!” She yelled. “Do wha-” I said before she pulled out a giant pillow and tackled me to the floor. Laying on the floor with a pillow and Ewha on top of me, I muttered the words, “Why, Ewha?” “I don’t know.” She said giggling. Then she got up and left. I got up and closed my door behind me. I sat on my bed; Replaying, and replaying that dream in my head. Then I slapped myself in the head, “Why would you make something up like that.” Just then, my cell phone rang. “It’s Sungjae. Pull it together Minhee, it was just a dream.” I picked up the phone; “Hello?” I said. “ Oh, I wasn’t expecting you to answer.” He said. “You sound disappointed that I picked up. Why did you call anyway?” I said confused. “Oh, um, hm… W-want to hang out today?” He said quietly. “I guess. Meet me at the hideout at 10:00 a.m sharp. Bye.” “Ok, bye.” He said. Then he hung up.

 

*Sungjae’s P.O.V*

 

I woke up to the sound of my radio that I had accidentally left on last night. I shot up and turned my radio off. “I have to do it. Now.” I said. “I have liked her for a long time now, it’s time. But, how?” I said as I lied back down on my bed. “I know!!!” I shot back up again. “She is never up at this time. I will call and tell her in the message. Perfect.” I grabbed my cell phone and called. “Hello?” Minhee said. Sh-she answered. I can’t tell her now. I have to make something up.“Oh, I wasn’t expecting you to answer.” I said, trying not to seem as disappointed as I really was. Then she said, “You sound disappointed that I picked up. Why did you call anyway?” How did she know? “Oh, um, hm… W-want to hang out today?” I said quietly. “I guess. Meet me at the hideout at 10:00 a.m sharp. Bye.” She said. “Ok, bye.” Then I hung up. By that time it was 7:36 a.m, I should start getting ready, I want to be early because whenever I leave on time I get scolded by her for being late… Did I mention she counts seconds? Even though she does that I still love her, she just likes people to be on time that’s all. When I got there she was already there and asked, “Why were you being so awkward on the phone this morning? I replied, “No reason.”

 

*Your P.O.V*

 

...Really? ‘No reason’. He is definitely hiding something.


 

*Sungjae’s P.O.V*

 

She senses something. “*ahem.* So, sleep well?” I said, trying to change the subject. “Oh! I’m glad you asked. I had the strangest dream last night, and you were there and of course I was there-” She said before zoning out and looking right passed me. I was curious so I turned around to see what she was looking at. I wasn’t happy with what I saw; or should I say, WHO I saw. “Minhyuk!” Minhee yelled.