Chances

Him and Her.
Please log in to read the full chapter

It had been around about three weeks. He was happy, she was happy. They were happy. Nothing more was to be said. She was happy that she could be back in his embrace again, that she could have him for herself once more. He was happy that he hadn’t lost what was important to him- both things, in fact- his dignity and his love. Also, there was the fact that she didn’t find out, or rather, she hadn’t yet. But this was not going to end up well, and they both knew it. They’d known it for quite some time now. Since the time when she accepted him for the nth time again and again.

It was a gloomy day. She had just finished her work and had arranged a meet-up with her friend at a coffee shop. “Hey, do you want to go and watch the fight today?” She knew. Right then. She knew, but he wouldn’t do that to her again, right?

“Who is it?” She asked reluctantly.

“Some new gang and yours.” Yours. That word. What did she mean by it? It was not hers at all. The gang wasn’t hers at all.

Nor was he.

“So… do you wanna go?”

“Sure,” she said, this would give her a chance to finally end it. She didn’t even have time to feel disappointed- she knew that he’d been hiding all along from her, but something in the back of her mind kept telling her that he wouldn’t do that to her. That he was actually telling the truth this one time, ridiculous. Everyone knew that that was just her imagination, the delusional part of her brain that was too stubborn to let go.

He was fighting right now. He had no time to think about her. Well, apart from the fact that he must not be seen. He felt bad that the only way he thought about her was hiding from her, but that was the only way he wouldn’t lose both things which were important to him. His pride and his love. His thoughts right now were occupied with pride though- he was in it to win it. He’d always been a fighter. He always got what he wanted, and when he didn’t, he fought for it, mercilessly. He never lost.

He was fighting right now. For his pride, for his dignity. He wanted it, he needed it, and he wanted everyone to see it also. But he couldn’t give his love up for it. He had to hide it, and as much as it pained him, he knew at the back of his mind, that she knew everything as we

Please log in to read the full chapter