Little Support

A Simple Happiness

Little Support

 

Why it should be Yamada Ryosuke chosen for the role?

Why they still pushes him too much?

Isn’t it unfair for the other members?

Why is it always him?

Why...

Ryosuke heaved a huge sigh as his back touched the mattress in the living room. He lied while staring at the ceiling of his apartment, the laptop screen he had just been browsing with flickered for a moment before shutting down.

He had intended to search about encephalopaty since he wanted to study about the role he was going to play in the 24-hours TV drama. Yet, beside the medical information, he also accidentaly found out about some article delivering news of him taking the lead role in the coming charity dorama. The news was fine, but it was the readers’ comments that caught him off guard.

It was not that he had not seen this coming, just sometimes when he was tired, that criticism sounded too rude.

It was not just about the drama, but also about the song which supposed to be his duet with Keito yet turned out differently from their expectation, that he had seen such dislike swirled in the virtual world.

Much to everyone disbelief, he was not ignorant. He was always curious to know how people’s opinion regarding his works, so he often surfed through the internet. Even, sometimes, there were times his agency missed out some fans letter which turned out contained offensive words that it was more like hatred letters, but he never spoke of it. He knew the risk of his job since the beginning.

He had experience many discomfort of being the center of Jump over the years, getting more attention than the others who, he never doubt even a bit, deserved as much attention as him. He had felt much disappointed at the agency treated Jump’s too. He even had expressed his feeling in a long interview back then, that he wanted to walk forward together with all the members, that he wanted to rejoice with everyone rather than alone by himself.

“It’s impossible to please everyone, so never expect that you can.”

He once received an advice from his friend.

He also had said in one of his past interview, that he knew there were people who dislike him, but he wouldn’t focus on them. He would do his best for the people that like and support him, and also for himself.

He sighed again.

It was much easier to say than to do that.

He shook his head.

He was not a pessimistic man. He knew what people out there weren’t aware of, like what the management planned for their future, the feeling of Jump members that they exchanged through conversations and interactions...

He leapt to stand up as he heard someone in front of his door. He looked into the small screen on the intercom, and saw a familiar face of a young woman. Unlocking the door, he greeted the visitor.

“You didn’t tell me you would come visit me,” he arched a brow.

A friendly grin appeared on his visitor’s face. “Isn’t it rude to not invite your guest in?”

He replied with his own smile, opening the door wider, “Come in then.”

She did not enter his apartment further than the foyer.

“I won’t be long,” she said, still standing near the shoes rack. “I just stop by to say congratulation to you before I go to work.”

He leaned back on the door, “What for?”

“For your album and your lead role.”

He pushed himself to walk, approaching the guest, “You mean Jump’s album?”

“Yup. It has reached number one in the chart, right? And you also get a challenging role. Congratulation.”

He smiled earnestly seeing the pure excitement in the person before him, “Thank you. You make me feel better.”

“Eh?” she exclaimed. “Are you unwell?”

He shook his head, “It’s not like that. Just feel a bit pressured by the coming projects.”

All of a sudden, a pair of arms wrapped around him in a lose embrace. He did not expect her to do that.

“Just do your best as always,” the soft voice assured him. “Then everything will be fine.”

He pulled away, smiling gratefully, “I will. Thank you.”

She smiled widely, taking a few step away, “Then I’ll be going. Boss will be mad if I’m late again.”

“Okay.”

She halted before the door, turning to him, “Ganbatte, Nii-chan.”

He saw his little sister stepped out of his apartment. Watching her back disappeared from his sight, he suddenly remembered about the hard days in the past. Misaki had used to have serious illness, and it was her struggles that became one of his reasons to always do his very best. His little sister had inspired him to never give up in life.

And at that moment, his heart warmed. Gone was the previous worries.

He quickly dressed and grabbed his car key before dashing out to run after his little sister. Fortunately she was still not too far, and was just about to cross the street when he called out.

“Misaki-chan, wait!”

She turned around, “What is it?”

“You wait here, okay? I’ll drive you to work.”

“Eh? You don’t need to.”

“I insist!” he exclaimed. “Don’t go anywhere okay? Wait a moment.”

Despite leaving his sister confused, he dashed back to the parking lot smiling.

Ryosuke no baka!

He scolded himself in mind. Why should he worry over such negative comments? The only thing he should do was making the people he loves happy. His family, his friends, his fans. They are the most important people for him, and they are the one that deserve his efforts.

Because of them, he had been able to go this far. Their support was his strenght. He would not do something that would disappoint them, and giving up was the worst betrayal to them. He would never do that. He promised himself.

“Let’s go!” he yelled excitedly while starting up the car’s engine, making his sister laughing amusedly.

He realized, he loved the sounds of happy laughters.

**********

 

 

(Posted on June 30, 2015)

A./N.: Just another random idea I couldn’t shake from my head. Thanks for reading XD