Miracles In December I

Miracles In December

chapter one 
miracles in december
 
 
 
 
 

Jongin Pov

I was sitting by the beach with mind blank. While staring at the frosty night sky, snow began to fall, slowly covering every inch of the earth. " I just wish you will remember me when it snow," those words kept repeating itself like an old broken in the back of my mind. Oh, how I remembered how much you adored these snow. My eyes started to well up with tears. Tears full of grief and regret that have been holding my endless pain. Next week was supposed to be our very first anniversary. But, what about us? You... you left me. You're gone.

Flashback

"Could you stop buggering me, Soojung! Can't you see I'm busy with all these amount of work?!" yelled Jongin.

"Sorry, Jongin. I won't disturb you again, but next week is Christmas. I just wanted you to accompany me to buy some present for our tree."

"I'm busy, am I not? How many times must I said it," Jongin said with his eyes still locked on the laptop's screen.

"Okay," a word managed to come out from Soojung before she dragged herself out of the room.

Soojung heard a little 'click' sound telling her that he locked the door. She let out a desolated sigh and draped her mafela while putting on the sweater before she goes out from Jongin's house.

Walking down the road, she glance around and saw other couples cuddling each with utter bliss and happiness while having absolute zero care about the world around them. Of course, much less about her who is lonely and deserted. When the cold December wind slapped her skin, she clasped herself tighter and hastened her steps.


At Jongin's room, Jongin stretched upwards. The amount of work already started to kill him. He scrunched his eyes before locking another look on top of the screen. He still remembered how his boss came over his work's cubicle.

"I noticed that you didn't apply for any pre-Christmas leave."

"Well, I'm saving up for a project."

"Ohh, is it money? Well, actually I'm about to hand you some work. You know how deserted our office now, right?" Jongin nodded.

"Alas, the work kept piling up like no tomorrow, so would you like to help me settle it under an amount, and if you counld do it before Christmas eve, I'll gladly throw in some bonus to you," his boss said while scribbling RM6k + RM5k [it's about (1900k++ won ) + (1600k++ won) ] on the memo-pad.

Jongin thinks that this offer was very ludicrous but the money was certainly good. So if he shut himself for about five or six days, he could make it. After certain judgment, Jongin said, "Okay, if I could bring all those work to my house."

His boss grinned, "Deal."


TING TONG!!

Weird... Who could it be at this hour?

Jongin make way to the door and opened it.

"Yoona-noona!!"

"Jongin!!"

"You really came!!"

"Of course! For my lovely little brother."

"Aishh noona.. I'm too old to be called that," Jongin pouted.

"No.. no.. no.. in my eyes, you are always my spoiled, childish dongsaeng. Yoona grabbed Jongin's neck with her arm and messed his hair.

"Okay.. okay, that's enough." Jongin grabbed Yoona's hand and gestured her into his house, "isn't it cold enough to not make jokes."

"Aww, my little Jongin is grown up already~ Haha. Fine so where should I sit." Yoona giggled while pulling a laptop from her briefcase.

"The living room's fine. I'll transfer the data to your laptop and you know what to do, right? Or do you want me to give you a head start first?"

"Haha, don't worry. I only left the company some months ago so I'm sure I can handle these works just fine~" Yoona switched on her laptop and strolled around the living room while glancing at some of the photo frame decorated on the cabinets. Then she grab of a frame and inspect it closely.

It was Jongin and Soojung posing in front of Namsan tower. The girl lookes very happy so that Jongin.

"You have a girlfriend?"

"Oh, I met her just after you left. That pic was taken when we were on vacation together."

"Why did you take this job when you have a girlfriend? Won't she be mad if you concenrate on your job despite her? Especially on this time of the year."

Jongin startle for a brief second but he said, "Oh, she'll be fine."

"I don't trust you. Call her. Make a date with her tomorrow. You should do that at least. Poor girl would be heartbroken."

"But, the job..."

"We'll manage."

Jongin glared at her and pulled out his phone to dial Soojung's number, then he said, "You should stop minding other people's business."

"But, you're not other people, you're my dongsaeng~"


Neoye sesangeuro ~ yeorin barameul tago... Ni gyeoteuro~ eodi eseo wat nyago...

Soojung notice her phone rang. When she saw Jongin's name, she quickly pick it up.

"Jongin? Why'd you call me? Aren't you busy?" aswered her smugly. Even though she was happy Jongin called, she couldn't hid the fact that she was hurt by his word.

"Soojung-ahI'm sorry. You know I didn't mean it. The work was stressful. You know what, let me make it up to you. Wanna go to on a date tomorrow? Weren't you planning on buying something?"

"Well, I don't know," Soojung was actually very happy that he asked and of course she'd love it, but she still have her little ego.

"Come on, pretty please..."

"Let me check on my planner for a second," Soojung furiously turn pages of a random book and even crumpled it on the process, so that Jongin would be convinced she was checking it even from the phone.

"Alright, tomorrow is okay at 4. Don't be late," she continued before hanging up. 

 

 

to be continued..

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 author's note »Hope you enjoy. Comment and vote if you like it. Credit goes to my best friend, Hazwani who's help me a lot in making this story. ^^