Final

"Dance with me. That's all I ever wanted."

[HARU’S POV]

Haerin: “I’m a little curious.” We all went to grab iced coffee together. Jihye: “What are you curious about?” She looked directly at me. “What?” Haerin: “What was your first crush’s name?” I choked on my drink. Yebin started hitting my back gently. Yebin: “Yah, gwenchana?” I chuckled and nodded. “Why the sudden question, Haerin?” She shrugged her shoulders and chuckled. Haerin: “I was just thinking about it earlier. You didn’t even tell us when we were all at the restaurant a week ago.” Jihye: “See, now, Haerin is making me curious also.” Yebin agreed. They all looked at me. Three against one, so I finally gave up. “His name is Kim Jong In.” Haerin eyed me in confusion. Jihye: “Kim Jong In?” I nodded and took a sip of my coffee. “Anyone came into mind yet?” I could see all of them thinking hard. Haerin: “You’re lying to us, huh?” I giggled and shook my head. “Why would I? Jihye probably knows him. In fact, I’m sure you all know who he is.” They were starting to think hard again. I took a sip of my iced coffee and saw Suho, entering the coffee shop. Suho: “Hey.” He gave Jihye a warm embrace and stood beside her. Then these other two guys came inside and obviously, they were Yebin’s and Haerin’s boyfriends.

I was the third wheeler. “You guys are all going on a date?” Jihye nodded happily. Jihye: “Quadruplet date.” Quadruplet? “Sorry, but I won’t be tagging along because I don’t have a boyfriend.” Haerin chuckled. Haerin: “That’s why we had Suho bring a friend along.” Another guy entered the coffee shop and walked right over to Suho as soon as he saw him. It was Kai. Kai: “Hyung, I thought we were grabbing ddubokki together? Why did you want me to meet you in a coffee shop?” Suho: “Mian. Change of plans.” Kai saw the girls, but his eyes landed on me first. Jihye: “We didn’t want you to be the third wheeler here, so Haru, this is Kai. Kai, this is Haru.” He held out his hand with a smile that I missed seeing so much. Kai: “It’s nice to meet you.” I faked a smile and gave him a firm grip. “Hi.”

[KAI’S POV]

We both walked behind Jihye and Suho who were being lovey-dovey in front of us. Haru: “You didn’t have to be here. It’s not worth apologizing to me again.” I scoffed. “I’m not here to apologize.” She stopped in her tracks, making me stop also. Haru: “Then what’s the reason why you’re here?” Suho: “Is there something wrong?” We turned to find Jihye and the rest looking at us. She looked at me with frustration. Haru: “No, there’s nothing wrong here.” She walked ahead of me, passing the others. I watched her walk away madly. Suho: “Did you do something?” I shook my head. Suho: “Well, if there’s nothing wrong, you might as well follow behind her quickly.” I had no choice but to do what he says. I followed her quickly, even though she was getting farther into the distance.

I chased behind her until I’m caught up. “Haru, wait up.” She walked into a dance circle without noticing it and turned to face me. Haru: “Why are you even here when you don’t even care??” She was stirring up a scene. People started staring at us. Haru: “You didn’t have to be here, Kai. You shouldn’t be.” I walked towards her and pulled her into an embrace. Haru: “Stop making me feel sorry for you, just so you can have my forgiveness when you were the one who hurt me so much. I told you, I don’t want to hear your apologies anymore.” I hushed her before she starts crying. I whispered into her ear. “Dance with me. That’s all I ever wanted.”

The right song came on and we started grooving together. In this dance, we were telling a story of a girl who can’t seem to leave the boy she loves behind. The story was related to us. I could tell that she was dancing with tears in her eyes, even though some of it came down her cheeks. We ended the dance cleanly with her in my arms. We were both panting while looking at each other in the eyes. When we started hearing the crowd applauding, our concentration broke, but we were still holding onto each other’s hand. The crowd started disappearing as we received praises for our dance skills. She almost walked away, but I pulled her towards me, kissing her out of the blue. I wasn't going to let her go this time.