Final

Why don't you?

Kris never really realized it until now. EXO were in the SM building, waiting for their sunbaes f(x) to come. Today was the group practice for their Christmas concert, and everyone was excited. The boys were fooling around when the door suddenly opened and in come the ladies of f(x), except that there was one girl that Kris wanted to see who didn’t arrive. He kept looking for the tomboy while other said their mornings and greeting. “She is coming; she just woke up late so she is late,” Victoria said all too knowingly to Kris, which made the tall boy blush. Later, when their managers and the choreographers were addressing their performances was when the tomboy barged in, with her large baggy clothes and her messy hair. When Kris looked at her, a smile immediately formed on his face as he took few steps towards her only to get crashed by her body. She had her arms around his neck while his wrapped around her waist.

“Kris,” she simply said. “Amber,” he said.

It wasn’t really that long since they had been dating. They had been friends since they met, and then they started “talking.” It was only few months ago was that they have finally started going out, and in all honesty, their dates were a bliss to them. Just because they belong to the same company didn’t mean that they could meet all the time. It’s just that it has been a month since they have met; with Kris busy with his schedules and Amber learning more about composing. They heard someone coughing, and they reluctantly let go of each other, not until Kris placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. They turned to face their managers and expected to hear lectures of PDAs, but the managers just let them off the hook. It was okay for the couple to date, since it was just in SM and it was easier for the company to control if there will a scandal. Sure, they couldn’t really date comfortable and openly, but for now, secret dates and meetings were enough.

Both of them were disappointed that they didn’t have any performances together, but their managers chided that they wouldn’t really control themselves on stage, and their fans would realize their true relationship. During the practice, nothing extraordinary happened; just fun banter and excessive practice. It was only later when the boys were in the van to go back to their dorm that Suho had asked Kris if he and Amber had any pet-names. When Kris had replied that they had none, then Suho asked why Amber doesn’t call Kris oppa then.  It hit Kris that Amber had never called him oppa since the beginning, and she called every older boy except him that. He paid extra attention the next day, observing that she called Suho oppa, Xiumin oppa, and even the Chinese members’ oppa. Never did she call him oppa, and it did hurt his pride. He likes it when girls call him oppa, and the fact that his own girlfriend didn’t call him made him a little sad. He kept waiting the next day, wanting to hear her say the word to him. But she never did, and this did trouble his mind a lot.

“I wonder why Amber noona doesn’t call Kris hyung “oppa”,” Kai said, when he, Sehun and Kris were the only ones in the dorms. Kris knew that Kai was teasing him along with Sehun, and he wondered where Tao is when he needs him the most. Clearly, everyone in EXO knows about his dilemma.

“I know right, she calls everyone “oppa” but Kris hyung,” Sehun says as though Kris isn’t even in the room. Kris tries to tune out their conversation by increasing the volume in the television, but the evil maknaes sit beside him in sofa, clearly enjoying the taller man’s irritation. “A man likes it when his girl calls him oppa. It gives him inner satisfaction that the girl does depend on him. It sure is a pleasant feeling,” Sehun continues.

“Amber even calls Henry oppa too. Isn’t Henry hyung also Canadian? Kris hyung is Canadian too, so I really am curious why Amber noona doesn’t call Kris hyung “oppa”,” Kai jabs more, and Kris finally has it.

“I am curious of what Victoria noona and Sulli would think when they find out about your crushes,” Kris says it casually, but there is no hesitation in it. The younger boys immediately leave, murmuring about practicing for the concert. Kris sighs; he really needs to know the reason.

~.~.~.~.~.~

“Do you have any idea why Amber doesn’t call me “oppa”?”

Victoria and Luna turn their heads to the source of the voice, seeing Kris looking at them determined, but his ears red from embarrassment. They did notice how Amber would always talk to Kris without calling him oppa, but the reason did surprise the two pleasantly. The two girls shared a mischief glance and turned to the man. “What?” Luna says, acting as if she doesn’t know anything. “What are you asking?”

“You know very well what I asked. Don’t make me feel more embarrassed,” Kris says.

“I think you should ask her personally,” Victoria says.

“Will I like it?” Kris said, afraid of her answer.

“You’ll see.”

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

“Amber,” Kris says when he had a private chance with his girlfriend after long practices.

“Hmm?”

“Why don’t you call me oppa?” He finally asks. Kris really isn’t the type to go around the bush for an answer. Amber stopped whatever she was doing to turn to her boyfriend looking at her intensely. She really didn’t know why Kris had to ask that question; she always thought that he knew the answer.

“Why?”

“Just, you never called me oppa. I am your boyfriend, but you call every guy older than you oppa except me. I am curious why you don’t call me oppa,” Kris argued.

“I don’t want to,” Amber says.

“Why?” Kris asks.

“I don’t like it.”

“Why don’t you like it?”

“Because,” Amber finally says. “Oppa literally means older brother. I don’t want to see you as my older brother because you are my man. Calling my man “oppa” making me feel weird because I love you as my man. Happy?”

Kris cannot stop the smile that is appearing on his face. He sees two red spots on her cheeks and can’t help to pinch her cheeks. She looked too adorable that Kris pulled her closer to him by wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Yeah,” he replied, and he dipped down to kiss her.

Author’s note: Okay, this story may not be my best, but I hope that you guys enjoyed it‼!