Epilogue

Last Break Up

“Yah! Are you ready?”

Kyungsoo asked, fixing his bowtie, before smiling at Kai who is staring at his reflection. Satisfied, he turns to his friend and nods, giving him an assuring smile.

“I’m more than ready.”

“Let’s go then.”

Kai follows Kyungsoo out in his tuxedo. He looked smart, handsome and nervous at the same time.  Kyungsoo leads him to the end of the aisle where they will be waiting for the bride to arrive. The church is filled with relatives from both bride and groom’s side. Everyone was dressed perfectly for this event. A smile is plastered on everyone’s facial especially the groom. Kai took a deep breath and forced a smile.

 

This is it. It’s real. This is not a dream.

 

“What took you so long? It’s about to start.”

Baekhyun asked the two of them as he saw Kai and Kyungsoo taking their time, walking. Kai chuckled at his friend.

“Why are you so nervous? I should be the one, panicking if I lost the ring or something.”

Kai teased, laughing at his own joke to lighten up the mood. Kyungsoo gave him a are-you-serious look while Baekhyun hits him playfully.

“The event is going to start now. Please take your places.”

The priest announced and the church became quiet. Soon, the door to the church opens, revealing the bride, dressed in the most beautiful wedding dress. She looks like a goddess as people stares at her in awe. The bride is no other than Min.

 

Whoever that marries her, will be the luckiest guy alive.

 

Kai thoughts as he smiled, watching as she made her steps along the aisle. The nearer she approached the altar, the more he finds it hard to breathe. She was smiling brightly, although her trembling lips are visible as a result of nervousness.

“Thank you, for coming to this wedding ceremony. It’s fate that bought these couples together, and it’s also fate that everyone is able to gather here. Is there anyone who opposed to this wedding? ”

Kai felt his right hand twitched as a battle of ruining their big day. His left hand slowly forming a fist, retraining himself to doing so. Kyungsoo, from the side was watching the younger one worriedly.

“I, Byun Baekhyun, will take Kim Minmin as my wedded wife to love...”

He continued on with his speech. Min smiled at her soon-to-be husband and saw him smiling nervously. Turning her attention back at the priest, the priest asked for the ring.

“You may now exchange rings.”

Kai holds the rings tightly in hand and smiled at Min who nods at him. He stepped down from the altar, moving back to his seat, where he was meant to be, next to Kyungsoo who gave him a pat on his shoulder. He knows that the younger one made up a lot of courage to do this.

 

It’s finally happening.

 

“You may kiss the bride.”

Everyone started clapping as Kai stood up, forcing a smile. He clapped slowly, trying to be happy for the newly wedded couple. He excused himself to the restroom which Kyungsoo could only watch, hoping for the best for Jongin. On the way out, he glance back for a last look, catching eye contact with Min. She gave him a small nod which Jongin smiled, quickly turning his back and left. The beads of tears that were rolling in his eyes could no longer contain as they rolled pass his lips.

 

Always remember that I’ll still love you… even if you’re not mine.


I tried to keep this angst. So yeah. Thanks for reading! XD