The Aftermath

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 7:30 A.M. and Shin Hye walked towards the school building dazed. She was holding a coffee cup with one hand and her script with the other. She hadn’t gotten much sleep after last night’s shoot – for several reasons – and she was relieved that the scene they were filming that morning was a group classroom scene. Her staff was still unloading some things from the van so she told them that she was going in first.

She arrived at the classroom and the only people there were Krystal and Kim Ji Won, along with some of their staff members.

Ji Won greeted her, ‘Annyeonghaseyo, eonnie.’ Krystal was talking on her phone and waved at her ardently. She waved back and sat beside Ji Won.

Shin Hye smiled at her. ‘When I read the script and came across the cute encounter between Rachel and Hyo Shin sunbae, I was grinning like a madwoman,' she told Ji Won. 'Are you filming that scene this morning?’

Ji Won blushed a little, ‘Yes, eonnie. After we finish this one.’

Shin Hye nodded her head. Ji Won was always so polite and reserved, completely the opposite of her character. She remembered playing a villain when she was a lot younger and somehow, she saw herself in Ji Won. She realized she’s grown attached to her in the process of filming.

‘Ha Neul isn’t here yet?’ She asked Ji Won looking around.

‘He is, so is Woo Bin oppa. But they went out a while ago,’ she replied.

‘Eonnie!’ Krystal enthusiastically greeted her as she took a seat on Ji Won’s desk. She eyed Shin Hye and creased her brows. ‘You didn’t sleep much?’

‘Yeah, we ended late last night,’ Shin Hye replied, taking a sip from her coffee cup.

‘Were there a lot of NGs?’ Krystal asked curiously.

She looked up at Krystal and noticed that she was wide-eyed with anticipation for her answer. She turned her attention to Ji Won and she was also looking at her expectantly. Suddenly, she felt like she was in a high school sleepover with her girlfriends and they were currently interrogating her about a cute boy.

The reminder sent her feeling hot again – she tried to block the images from last night’s shoot. She had enough replaying them over and over as she tossed and her bed, trying to sleep. She thought she finally got it out of her system... until Krystal brought it up. And it didn’t help that her two dongsaengs were curiously looking at her. She tried to play it cool. You’re the eonnie. Act like kiss scenes are nothing to you.

‘Oh? No, there were no NGs,’ she replied coolly, clearing . ‘We shot it in one take. We just started late.’ She took another sip of her coffee. oddly felt all dried up.

Just then, Ha Neul and Woo Bin entered the room.

‘Oh, Cha Eun Sang is here!’ Ha Neul announced.

‘Yeobo!’ Woo Bin playfully greeted her.

Shin Hye closed her eyes and mumbled. OH NO. She braced herself for the worst. She opened her eyes, turned to them, and smiled menacingly, ‘Annyeong, chinggus! ’

Woo Bin sat beside Shin Hye and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. ‘Shin Hye, I heard you were kissing another man last night. Have you no heart? What about Choi Young Do’s feelings?’ He pretended to look hurt.

She elbowed his side softly, ‘Ya! It’s none of your business who I kiss,’ she shook off his arm.

‘Ooh, feisty so early in the morning!’ Ha Neul chimed in. ‘You look like you didn’t sleep at all. Long night?’ He was beaming naughtily.

‘Yeah, I didn’t get a lot of sleep so you two better behave or you’re dead,’ she replied, glaring at them.

Woo Bin leaned closer and whispered, ‘Did you like it?’

‘YA!’ Shin Hye hit his arm and Woo Bin and Ha Neul laughed hard. Krystal and Ji Won also started giggling. Shin Hye shook her head but eventually joined in.

They were all chuckling when someone else entered the room. Krystal saw him first and bowed slightly, ‘annyeong oppa!’

Shin Hye turned to the door and saw Lee Min Ho come in. He was also holding a coffee cup. All morning, she had been thinking about how to greet him, or what to say to him. She didn’t want things to feel awkward, but apparently, that can’t be helped. All her plans to act all cool went out the window as she settled for a smile and an awkward wave.

Min Ho looked a bit thrown off too, and shifted his gaze from Shin Hye to everyone else in the room. 'Annyeong,' he said to no one in particular, smiling.

Shin Hye turned back to face Woo Bin and Ha Neul and she caught them exchanging meaningful looks. She glared at them.

‘Oh, hyung, wasseo?’ Woo Bin stood up and greeted him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter