05

A Different Type Of Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"YAH OH SEHUN!!! I will puncture your neck if you ever get bring that thing near me!!!" I shouted as the brat gleefully held up a starfish he had caught. 

"So much for 'I like the sea'." he rolled his eyes as he watched me used Kai as a human shield. 

"Oh God, why am part of this. Can you two please just—" he clucked his tongue as he shoved me away. 

"Look, it's 7 in the morning it's a new day, can you two just— ING GET ALONG!!" he huffed as he stormed away.

"That was rude Kai!" I shouted earning a finger raise from him. I watched as Sehun threw the starfish back into the ocean before splashing out of the water.

"Ahjumma told me that Mrs. Kim praised us for being good workers and she's wondering if we could take up a summer job here. What do you think?" Sehun asked as he pulled up his pants. 

"Hm, should be fun. This is way better than fieldwork anyway." 

"Woah woah woah, who says we're not doing any fieldwork? Harvesting season just started, we have a lot of work to do."

"What am I even doing here, I should be studying for my college entrance exams. I should be spending time with my friends." Sehun raised an eyebrow at my excuse.

"Aren't you homeschooled?"

"How did you know that?"

"Ahjumma told me."

"Yeah so?"

"How do you even have friends?" 

"My mum has many business partners. They have many children. Besides homeschool isn't literally school at home. I go for classes at a private school with an exclusive group of teens, who are probably of the same wealth status and yeah there you go." 

Sehun opened his mouth to retort but thought better than to start another argument with me. 

"Summer brings about all the babes here in Busan."

"Babes with Busan satoori. How attractive."

"Hey mind you, I find girls with satoori extremely cute okay."

"Did I ask for your opinion? No. So why don't you just cut the babe talk cause I'm not interested." I rolled my eyes as I strutted away from his presence.

"I was just trying to start a civil conversation but you turned it into the complete opposite."

"Oh right, because talking about beach babes is so civilised of you." I scoffed as I set up the tables and chairs.

"One day, you two are gonna fall in love." Kai joked as he wiped the tabletops.

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I glared at the tanned boy as he chuckled.

"It's true. The ones who fight the most are the closest. You and Sehun must be like two peas in a pod."

"Ew."

"That's gross." Sehun and I automatically distanced away from each other.

"I don't wanna be a pea." I frowned as I threw a random straw at the brunette's head.

"It's a metaphor genius."

"It's actually a similie. Look it up, Einstein."

[][][]

"Hi welcome to the Happy Shack." I greeted as a group of shirtless guys walked in. 

"Hey beautiful, how ya doing?" a tall brunette asked me as his eyes hovered over my body. I looked up and frowned at his dark circles.

"Table for six? Right this way please."

"Ooh Tao, you just got rejected~" they laughed as I continued to lead them to their table.

"Hi my name is Kris, what's yours?" my attention turned towards the tallest blonde and I raised my eyebrows at his attractive features. 

"That's... none of your concern. Our most famous drink here is the Halo Freeze which is great for hot weathers like today. When you're ready to make a decision, please raise your hand and I'll attend to you." I bowed and was about to leave when soft fingers wrapped themselves around my wrist. I looked down and raised an eyebrow.

"I'll have one of those." Another dark haired guy with a baby face spoke as he threw me a boyish grin that I couldn't help but return.

"Coming right up."

[][][]

" So hey, we wanted to ask you some questions about the competitions around here. We're on summer break and we'd like to spend as much time as we can at the beach while the weather is nice. Can you help us?" The tall blonde named Kris asked me as I set their orders down on the table.

"Ah, well there's this surf contest where the winners get to win ₩100,000,000 and there's also a beach volleyball competition where you can win a free pass to all the beach restaurants. How about that?"

"Perfect!"

"That's great!"

"Awesome!"

"Luhan?" A voice came from behind me as the figure nudged me aside.

"That's Luhan hyung to you, mister." The said boy grinned as he and Sehun clasped their hands in a brotherly manner. 

"Hey, Sehun! Finally we meet again! We knew this was the right place to find you." the rest of the boys cheered as they all exchanged bro fists. 

"You know them?" I curiously asked.

"Yeah, Luhan here is my cousin—"

"You forgot the hyung you insolent brat."

"—He's a relative from China." Sehun ignored the elder and continued with the introduction. 

"We're here for summer break. Heard the beach in Busan is awesome. I can see why now." Kris nodded as put on his shades. 

Sehun introduced each and every one of them and I bowed in greeting. 

"You're cute." Tao smirked as he leaned his body against the table. "You look japanese. Are you japanese? I'll call you Hana. Because you smell like flowers. And because you look japanese.

"Uh.. thanks. If you'd excuse me, I have work to do." I said, before slapping Sehun's bare arm, telling him to get back to work.

"Well you seem to be on great terms with her." Xiumin chuckled as he sipped his drink.

"She.. can be a handful." Sehun replied with a roll of his eyes.

"You like her don't you." Luhan teased as he threw a fry at his cousin.

"No! What sort of accusation is that?"

"You guys seem to hit it off pretty well. Looks like something's brewing between the both of you." Chen noted with a wriggle of his eyebrows.

The boys broke out into laughter and Sehun just waved it away. "Whatever you want to think." 

"Oh, there's a beach party today. If you guys are lucky, you could nab a girl within the night." Sehun smirked, knowing that these boys couldn't reject girls even for the sake of world peace. 

"It's on." Tao pumped his fist in the air. 

"Guys let's try that surf contest. Who knows, we might actually win!" Lay suggested and the next thing Sehun knew, they all clambered down the deck to surf shack on the other side of the beach.

"So Sehun hangs out with those kind of people, huh. It's no wonder he likes girls so much." Kai chuckled.

"Don't be stupid. He probably learnt that one from you." I rolled my eyes as I shoved his face away from me. 

[][][]

"I can't believe that you actually won that ." Chen laughed as he threw an arm over Xiumin's shoulder.

"Yah, yah. Look at Sehun and his hot friend."

The six boys watched in amusement as Sehun and I bickered over the cash register. 

"Pabo! You're not supposed to click that button, look! All the money falls out!!" I cried as I picked up the notes on the floor. 

"Aish, I just told you it was an accident." Sehun huffed as he bent down to help me. 

"I got it. Just don't do it again, please. It's such a hassle to pick all these up." 

It was getting dark and we were busy counting the money earned until we heard whistling below. We craned our necks and realised that the six boys were the ones wolf whistling at us. 

"We'll be back for the beach party later, lovelies." Luhan winked as he walked up to pat Sehun's back before turning to me and ruffling my hair. 

"Take care of him for me will ya."

"Oh, I'll....try." I bowed as he grinned cutely at me.

On his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter