03

A Different Type Of Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up with a start as the morning sunlight shone in through my window. I swear I had drawn the curtains yesterday. I pulled a pillow over my face and tried to go back to sleep when the door was suddenly opened.

"Hey," a deep voice called from the doorway. "Wake up, it's time to milk the cows."

 I sighed and dragged myself up into a sitting position. I had my eyes closed and my hair was in slight disarray as I yawned openly, uncaring of my appearance.

I cracked open one eye to see Sehun leaning against the doorway smirking at me.

"Well isn't that a sight to see in the morning."

"Shut up."

"Good morning to you too princess." he muttered as he walked into the room and pulled me up by my arm.

"What? No pillow fight today."

"Not today, but tomorrow can always be arranged-" 

"I'll spit on you if you try."

 Sehun's chuckle resonated through the whole room and correct me if I'm wrong, it would also be the first time he had ever laughed in my presence.

"Okay fiesty. You've got a good half hour to get ready. Move it, or the cows will get angry." he said as he pushed me towards the bathroom before starting down the stairs. 

I stretched slowly as I found myself in front of the mirror. Boy did I look exhausted. And I sure as heck felt that way because my body was aching like hell. I slapped my cheeks a few times to wake myself up.

"It's a new day. It's a good day. Oh who am I kidding, it's not a good day. Why am I even doing this!!" I sighed in frustration as I banged my head onto the sink. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself again before shrugging off my clothes and stepping into the shower.

[][][]

Sehun brought me along for a walk towards the barn where the cows were. We didn't bicker, if that's what you were expecting, but instead, unusually, Sehun talked about other things and smoothly avoided my blunt replies. The moment we stopped at the edge of the field, a big barn greeted us in the middle of the patch of green. YES, GREEN.

"Sehun I can't."

"What are you 6? Scared of grass this short. Come on, it's a bit ridiculous don't you think." he rolled his eyes and pulled me by my wrist. My eyes were frantic as we came closer towards the grass.

"SEHUN!! I can't, please don't." 

"Look, it's time to get over this fear. It's a little stupid that you'd be afraid of grass just because you think they all have secret ant houses in them. This is absurd. Come on." he spoke as he continued to drag me towards the field. I wrung my wrist out of his grasp and jumped back towards the concrete road. 

"It's not that easy." I said as I refused to meet his eyes. His gaze softened as he sighed. He lowered his back towards me and nodded.

"Get on."

"No I can't."

"Get on, the cows can't wait all day for some girl who's afraid of grass." I bit my lower lip in contemplation and finally nodded my head. I climbed onto his back and he stood up with ease. My arms were wrapped loosely around his neck as he began to walk across the field. 

"I can't keep doing this everyday you know. You're just gonna have to get over this by yourself. It's not fear. It's sheer will. And if you tell yourself you can't, then you can't."I nodded as I leaned my chin against his shoulder and sighed.

"I know."

Sehun looked over his shoulder to see me sulking and smiled to himself.

"Stop pouting you look terrible." he joked and I instinctively reached out to tug his hair. 

"Ow, even when I'm doing you a favour you're still so mean to me."

"I can't help it, the evil is within me."

"You got that right." he scoffed, resulting in a slap on the back. 

"Nobody likes a violent girl." 

"I'm not violent." he gave me the are-you-serious look and I merely shrugged.

"I'm especially so only towards you."

"Wow I feel so special." he deadpanned and I smiled slightly making sure to conceal it with my hand.

"I'm gonna drop you here if you hit me one more time."

"Okay, okay. I won't hit you anymore." Sehun smirked victoriously as he adjusted me on his back. 

"You're really heavy."

"Women get really insulted when men say that."

"Yeah, that's why I'm telling you you're really heavy." I frown at the back of his head even though he can't  see it. 

"I'm not insulted. And you CANNOT put me down." 

"I'm really tired I need to rest."

"Rest when we reach the barn!"

"We're almost there anyway. I'm gonna drop you here." he said as he let go of my legs abruptly. 

"NO!!!" I clung onto his neck for dear life. 

"Oh don't be so dramatic, you're not gonna die." he pried my arms off his neck and I fell onto the grass.

"See? it's not that bad." 

I stood up and held onto Sehun's sleeve for support. He held onto my wrist and unexpectedly smiled down at me.

"You're okay." he said as he brushed a piece of grass away from my hair. My breath quickened and I couldn't move. I busy was panicking. 

"Hey, listen to me." he pulled me closer towards him and looked me in the eye. "You're okay! See? Nothing happened. Come on, let's walk towards the barn."

"I can't move." I say quietly. The boy sighs and throws and arm around my waist as he forces me to move. 

"If you're so scared, don't look down." he whispered as I started to walk in the grass with the help of his strong arms. This was my first time treading across grass in a long time. And soon the fear was wearing off, it was being replaced by excitement. 

He was right. There really wasn't anything in the grass. I helplessly let out a smile as I turned towards him and grinned. He looked down at me and smiled back, as if he was happy that I was happy. We finally reached the door of the barn and Sehun began to unlock the wooden stalls. 

"I did it." I whispered to myself as I looked at the never ending colour of green painted across the field. 

"Yeah you did. Good job." Sehun praised as he began putting the hay for the cows to eat. I grabbed a fistful of it and threw it at him. 

"Yah." he called in shock as he started towards me and I squealed when he started running. He caught me by my waist and spun me around, making me dizzy. I laughed it off and pushed the hair out of my eyes. Sehun had a smile plastered on his face as well as I threw my head back to look at him. 

"Thank you." I spoke as softly as I could but the boy had heard it. The shock was evident on his face yet he shrugged casually and pulled me back towards the stalls.

"No problem. Now help me get a few buckets in the back. We need to started milking them if you want to finish by the af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter