Grim Teacher

Syer1001's Dream Diary

(Note: Ages do not matter. Everyone is as old as how I want it to be)

27th December 3031

One man wakes up, opening his eyes just to discover that he is in a small room.

He decides to wander around in that absurdly small home.

The walls are kind of creepy. It is written in so many languages he has no idea what it says. Geez, he wishes he spent more time studying English.

Something touches his left shoulder, shocking him and makes him turn around.

Relief is on his face, “Ah, it’s you…”

“What do you mean by that? Don’t you feel happy to see my face?”

“Not exactly…”

A woman walks out of a room, rubbing her head. She sees the two men as she mutters, “Key…Siwon…why are you here? Where are we?”

“It seems you’re okay, Jessica,” Siwon mutters, still looking around the place, “I have no slightest of an idea of our whereabout.”

He points toward the walls, “You are great with English, right? Why don’t you tell me what does it written?”

She stands there, silenced, “It’s just rambling on Death and some other emo stuff. It’s not really English, so I have no idea what the rest says.”

Soon, more and more people come out of different rooms. For such a small space, it is quite surprising to see so many rooms in there.

The place soon becomes crowded with so many people and noises.

Till one rough voice breaks the noise, “Enjoy your graduation party?”

Everyone started to look around the place, looking for the source of the sound.

But no one knows where does it even came from.

The voice is heard again, “This year is such a terrible year. Ever since this school that everyone loves so much has legalized freedom of a lot of things, the students are beyond controllable! I am sorry, but as a teacher, I can’t let any of you walk outside of your school without a proper education.”

Siwon wonders, “Teacher? Who is he? Which teacher is he?”

One of the door opens up, releasing a strong breeze onto them as they nearly fall if not for the crowd numbers.

“I will give you one hour to find your escape, and if you are still in this building, I will not hold back…”

The last words are decreasing in volume, shivering almost everyone.

“Ya, let’s get out of this creepy place!” one female student suggest as everyone follows suit.

And so all of them get out of the place, just to discover something…

Something so weird their mind could not comprehend at all…

There is no escape from the building…

Xxxxxxxxxx

“The next morning, people found bodies hang around the building. Only one person ever walked out of there still alive, but Jessica-sunbae is so traumatized that she will scream uncontrollably every time she sees a black-color thing.”

The story-teller is holding a candle, with people sitting near him around candles. The location is dark with only lights from the candles are provided.

A woman leans toward him, “What about that voice?”

“While not breaking down, sunbae manages to say the word ‘Grim Teacher’ and some other languages nobody has ever heard before. It is rumored that the Grim Teacher is a ghost, haunting the old building, while others said that it’s a psychopath teacher with mental problem. Whatever it is, nobody knows for sure.”

He blows the candle as the light opens up.

He turns toward a man near the switches near the door, “Shraffe, must you be so scared?”

One woman nods, “Yeah, it’s just a story! Don’t be such a .”

her . Everyone knows that the story is real, happened last year in that very own boarding school everyone is living in right now.

It was at the night of graduation that the bodies of all students who are supposed to graduate are seen on the old, abandoned building at the hill. And it is true that their senior, a girl named Jung Jessica is the only student survived, suffer mental breakdown before staying in the asylum for the rest of her life. He is the one who found her after all.

But somehow nobody knows the truth, with the story become an urban legend just like that. Maybe because as soon as help arrived, the bodies are disappeared, even from any photography evidences.

Shraffe sighs, joining the group, “Guys, can we just not do any ghost story tonight?”

“Why? Are you scared that the ghost Yong Joo will come and kill you in the bathroom?” the story teller teases him.

“Not funny, Woohyun!”

He lets out a deep sigh. Shraffe questions the very same question he has been asking himself so many times, of all schools that accept foreign students, why is this famous boarding school, Ryu High School that take him in? What is so special about him in the first place?

Owh, yeah… money…

One woman moves near him, gently pushes his shoulder with hers, “Hey, cheer up. It’s just an urban legend. Ghost did not exist at all.”

“Thanks, Yura. That is really helpful,” he lies, looking somewhere else with feet seen midair nearby.

Yura is pissed, “Owh, I see. You only want your beloved Seungyeon to cheer you up!”

Everyone laughs, with Shraffe slightly blushes. His eyes move toward a girl laughing together with them all, signifying that she is Seungyeon, the popular girl of his batch, also the girl he has a crush on.

Well, one of the crushes anyway.

A song is then heard, as he quickly reacts, “Bye Bye Happy Days? Nice song.”

Seungyeon chuckles, “Thank you. Kara is my favorite after all.”

She grabs a phone nearby her, pressing the phone to make it stop. It seems the song is an alarm.

Woohyun playfully speaks, “Why don’t you two get a room already?”

One man then claps his hand hard, telling to everyone, “It’s already past 2 a.m. Time to go to sleep.”

“Shunji, you are such spoil milk! It’s not like we have anything to do tomorrow, right? Can’t we just stay awake till morning?”

“It won’t be called sleepover if we didn’t sleep, right?”

And thus the group of people moves into their own sleeping bag. Both genders are separated by a wall of clothing, clearly inspired by God of Study.

Looking carefully, the place they decide to use as their bedroom is a classroom, with tables and chairs put nearby the walls.

How did they end up in that place? Apparently, the school is lack of security during holiday.

Going toward his sleeping bag, he then engages an adventure toward the dream world, where nothing could hurt his feeling.

Please go away, please go far away
My heart is full of wounds
Please stay away, please stay far away
There's no turning back from this dense darkness
Please

 

Wah, somehow he has landed in a concert! The one who sings in front is one of his biases, also one of the members of one of the best girl groups South Korea has to offer.

She is surely one of the reasons why he is so hooked up with KARA. Owh, that cute hamster-like face of hers…

If only this situation is real…

Ever since he arrived to this country, he did not go anywhere else but the school and rarely going out of this place ever since.

Yeaah, he’s an introvert…

Hey, why is this concert seems quite shaky?

Earthquake? In his dream? Why? Who is messing with his dream?

And why is everybody starts chanting his name?

“Shraffe… wake up…”

“Ah, Seungyeon… Why did you have to wake me up from my ‘precious’ dream?” Shraffe mutters in a sleepy manner, emphasizes on the word precious with a rougher voice.

Seungyeon seems struggle to speak, whispering onto him, “Can you… follow me to the bathroom?”

“This class is right beside the toilets…”

“It’s dark…”

“The switch for the hallway is right beside the stairs…”

“It’s not helping. Please… I’m scared…”

What makes she thinks he’s not?

“Why me? Why won’t you ask Woohyun?”

“I don’t want to bother him in his sleep…”

This lady has so many excuses.

Regardless, he wakes up from his bag, going out of the class, followed by her right behind him.

She stops following him as soon as they reach the door. If not thanks to the moonlight, the place is in pitch black.

Going toward the stairs, he flicks the switch, waiting till the light has .

He startled, backing away from the stairs.

A girl in school uniform is lying on the stairs, bleeding. Her eyes are seen wide, looking into his soul.

“What is it?” Seungyeon asks him, worried with his face.

He turns toward her, before turning back toward the stairs.

Nothing.

“Ah, nothing,” he turns back toward her, “Didn’t you said you want to go the bathroom?”

Nodding, she quickly runs into the toilet, as he just looks at her movement, chuckling.

Why did she have to toy with him, asking for such petty thing to do when she could just ask anyone from the girl’s side.

He then turns around, shocked.

A woman is seen right in front of him, wearing school uniform as she laughs, “What is wrong with you?”

“What’s with the prank? You know I don’t like scary stuff.”

She keeps on laughing, “That’s why it is so much fun doing a prank on you.”

“Stop it, Yong Joo! It’s not funny!”

His eyes wander around, looking at the old building up at the hill. It is an empty place that somehow still standing no matter what. It’s not even used anymore.

“Hey, there’s someone there…” he suddenly mutters.

On the second floor of the building, a figure in black robe is standing straight to the front. He blinks and looks back at the building.

No one.

“I don’t see anyone,” Yong Joo mutters, looking at the building, “Are you sure you are not hallucinating?”

“Why don’t you check on that place?” he smirks as she quickly responds, “No! That place is so spooky! Even I do not want to be near that place no matter what.”

“Who are you talking to?”

Shraffe turns to his back, looking at Seungyeon standing near the door, “Ah, that was fast.”

“Did you just speak to anyone?” she is still focusing on the conversation.

“Nah, I’m just mumbling. Come on, I’m sleepy already.”

“What about the light?”

“Let’s keep it that way.”

She quickly runs past him, going into the class.

He turns around, looking at Yong Joo, “Mind if I sleep?”

She just shrugs, disappears just like that.

Yes, she is a ghost and yes, she is his best friend in that school.

It is all started from the time he first came into the school two years ago…

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shraffe, with the school uniform consists of blue jacket with white underneath and khaki pants, follows a middle aged man from behind as he enters a classroom.

That class is so noisy, made him wonder how on earth did this place got number one in the education statistic or whatever people called it.

The man hits the teacher’s table with a long wooden ruler, as everyone is silenced.

“Everyone, we now have a new student in this class.”

Everyone starts chattering.

One male student raises his hand, prompting the teacher to speak up, “Yes, Yoo Seungho?”

“Is he a foreigner? He doesn’t look like a Korean.”

“Yes, he is a Malay, all the way from Malaysia. The school acknowledges his intelligence and his athletic abilities and decides to accept his request to be in this school.”

The new student snickers in his mind. He has no idea how, but he is not the one who ask to be transferred all the way from Malaysia to South Korea. It’s a dream come true, but this situation truly did not make any sense whatsoever. How did this school even accepts a foreigner from outside?

He turns toward Shraffe, “Why don’t you introduce yourself?”

He nods, moving forward, “Hi, everyone. My name is Ashraf Naqiuddin. Please just call me Shraffe.”

His eyes wander around the class, looking at the eagerness of people looking at him. One female sitting among male students is seen waving at him, making him wondering how bold she is.

He then heard the teacher speaks to him, causing him to turn toward him, “Why don’t you take a seat? There is an empty place right there,” he points toward one empty place among the men.

Hey, where is that girl? Isn’t that’s her place?

Maybe he just mislook the place, if that’s even a word.

Moving on, he goes to sit on the place as a girl beside him opens , “Hi, I’m Han Seungyeon. I am this class’ president.”

“Hi,” he nods at her.

The teacher speaks, “Your homeroom teacher will be late today, so feel free to ask anything about him. Be fast before anyone gets him first!”

He walks out of the class as the transfer student found himself surrounded by so many people.

Note to self; you get plus one for the attractiveness point if you are from over the sea. Owh, plus one if you are a new student too.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

It is a break between lessons, and Shraffe follows a group of people to the cafeteria. But then something came up.

Tapping Shunji’s shoulder from behind, he mutters, “Hey, do you know where’s the toilet is?”

He points somewhere toward the stairs, toward a door where a group of female students enter the place.

“Where’s the male toilet?”

“There’s no male or female bathroom in here. All toilets are uni.”

Wait, what?

Ignoring the statement, he just enters the room, seeing both men and women in there.

Wow, this place is weird.

But then as he is about to enter an empty stall, he notices a man and a girl enter the stall beside him, kissing and mooching.

He goes on with his business, but got interrupted with a loud noises.

What is wrong with this school?

“Annoying, isn’t it?”

He looks to his front, startling without any voices coming out of his mouth, looking at a girl in front of him.

He notices that her legs are bleeding…and not even touching the floor.

The girl pouts, “What can you do? This school prioritizes grades more than anything in the world, not even people’s morality. Students can do anything and nobody from outside will know about their activities. As long as you have no problem in your study, you are free to do anything you want. That’s why no transfer outward ever happened in here.”

“Who are you…?”

“Who do you think?”

“Are you…an esper?”

She looks irritated, “Really? My legs are clearly bleeding here and you resort on choosing me as an esper?”

“Then… what are you?”

“I’m Jung Yong Joo, a friendly ghost! And you are the first person able to see me. It’s great to meet someone else who isn’t dead yet!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

And that is how his first day is spent.

The school is weird and strange beyond any weird school known by people. But at least the strangeness of this school is in a fun way. If one were to tell his weird adventure in that school, the whole series of drama will have to made, with at least 20 episodes. Or maybe 50, considering this school is pretty strange.

Through the course of his study, he befriend with a lot of people, especially everyone in his class. It might took a while to learn their languages, but friend-making skill is not that hard to master no matter the location.

Of course, as a student, he is bound to feel something almost everyone feels; love. He feels attracted to Han Seungyeon, the class president who is quite popular for people her age. She’s a great singer, a great actress and smart as well. On top of that, she is sooo gorgeous AND cute at the same time! And she is so friendly!

Which loses its point during one time.

This Yong Joo ghost is pretty annoying at times; constantly follow him all around the school. And she is quite talkative to anyone who knows how to English, so she always wanted to spark a conversation with him on anything.

So, he would have gone to somewhere not crowded to speak to her to avoid being called weird.

His favorite choice of location is toilet.

And so one day he enters that uni toilet again. This time he has prepared, in case he has to hear that noise again.

But then he stops.

Seungyeon is seen talking to Woohyun, pulling him into one of the stall.

This… is… unexpected…

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the rest of the break, he sits near the field, looking at a pink envelope.

Yura and another girl approach him, “Shraffe, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, Yura, Jiyeon. Nothing, just hanging out.”

The two sit beside him as Jiyeon notices the letter, “You still did not give her yet?”

He looks down, sighing.

The two look at each other before looking at him, “You…knew…?”

“You already know about them? Then why didn’t you told me before?”

Yura mutters, “Well, they were kinda broke up days ago. They have made a mutual decision about it.”

Break up? Then what about the scene he had seen before? She’s not…

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even if such thing it is, he still would not want to discriminate her that easily. He still do loves her, keeping his feeling deep down.

Maybe the two are back together again, considering they still able to speak to each other without any problem.

Of course the point has decreases a bit, but he still holds hope on the feeling.

Man, this is such a dilemma. He never had such problem before back in Malaysia. Living in this country make his mind living like a typical romantic Korean drama. Now he knows why such story still get so many views.

About his student life, his class has decided to stay in that school during holiday near the Christmas, or what some people who did not celebrate Christmas back at his hometown dubbed as Merry Tiara, named after an incident back in 2015 where the group T-ara was reported missing somewhere in Mountain Everest because their boss decided it would be great to make a music video in there. They ended up in an island in Bermuda Triangle, and end up making a civilization there even with their own holiday.

Anyway, his batch is going to graduate soon, so there will be a prom night going on near the New Year, or what his hometown people called as Happy Kara Day, named after the incident in 2015 where KARA was reported dead when in reality they lived in a place called Shambhalla where during that time the place is in the state of war, with them going back home full of PTSD. It is said that thanks to them Shambhalla lives better afterward, and even have their own K-pop, or L-pop in there.

Yeah…his hometown is messed up as well. That would explain how he is able to live in such peculiar school.

Anyway, his class decides it would be better if they just stay there during holiday since they will come back anyway. They are not allowed to be in the dorm with theft excuse, so they stay in the class. Of course, two teachers are there as well.

Feels like White Christmas all of the sudden.

Shraffe is combing his hair, looking at one mirror in the class, as his classmate, Kim Woobin asks him, “Looking good. Where are you going?”

“Owh, just for a walk. Never did that ever since I’m here. I’m either staying in here or back in Malaysia.”

Yura and Jiyeon suddenly appear nearby, “A date?”

Woobin chuckles, “Wah, you finally have certain someone? It’s about time.”

“What? No! I just decide to walk around the town.”

“All by yourself?”

“Yeah, all by myself.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah, the town feels really nice.

He regrets his decision on staying at school during weekend just to study and getting free internet access nearby the library.

Well, at least there’s one memory that might tell the readers why he does that every weekend.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As usual, Shraffe carries his bag of portable computer into the library, searching for a good spot. He then plugs the charger into its place and connects it with his laptop, turning it on.

And so starts his venture into the most dangerous place of all; the internet.

Suengyeon suddenly appears in front of him, smiling at him, “Ah, you’re here. Good morning!”

“Good morning!”

She yawns as she opens up her computer.

Shraffe notices it, “Sleepy?”

“Yeah. Too many work last night.”

“What kind?”

“The rough.”

That sounds so wrong, even if it’s coming out from her.

Pressing few things, she speaks to him, “Would you please guard this thing for me? I am downloading Running Man’s episode and it’s going to take some time, so I would like to sleep for a while.”

He smiles at her, “The one with Hamster Seungyeon in it?”

“How did you know?”

“That’s the latest one. I’ll take care of it, just go to sleep.”

She yawns again as she rests her head onto the table, with her right hand spread long toward him.

Shraffe goes through the internet for a while before looking at her.

How cute she is, sleeping like that.

His mind is tempting him.

Slowly, he moves his hand onto her, rubbing her head gently.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He keeps on walking and walking till his head hits someone, “I’m sorry!”

“It’s okay.”

That voice…

“Eunhye-sunbae?”

Shraffe looks at the person, who is her beautiful senior, Yoon Eun Hye. He knows her from the Broadcasting Club, and he once become her partner during the prom.

“Sunbae, remember me?”

The girl wonders, “Who?”

“Shraffe, from the Broadcasting Club! We have gone to the prom together, remember?”

“Prom? Since when Ryu High School has prom?”

What…?

The prom night is an annual tradition in that school, all students know of such. What is she talking about?

She looks at her wrist, where a watch is there as she speaks, “Ah, I’m late!”

She then walks away from there, ignoring him.

She forgets?

But she told him that it will be a night to remember.

Well, he might be the one who she easily forgets, or maybe the night itself.

It’s no excuse.

But maybe…what if… he has to find out about this.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Why?”

Shraffe is seen sitting beside a bed, with Jessica on it.

He leans forward, “Last year, I found you crying for help. I also found a lot of bodies around the building. But when people arrived, there are no more bodies. Blood are still there. You also claimed that everyone is dead. Still they are still alive, walking around the earth like nothing happened.”

“Doesn’t that mean I’m just crazy?”

“This whole Grim Teacher thing started way before your time. First case happened five years ago, when the school started loses its sense of morality. It is said that you are bound to meet Grim Teacher if you’ve gone to the graduation party.”

“So?”

“But a lot of seniors have no idea that our school does have prom night every year. They even forgot everything happened in this school unless it’s all about education and achievement.”

“Isn’t that’s normal?”

“Even their first love? How can people just forget such thing?”

He moves forward, “Sunbae, tell me! What did you really see at the old building?”

She suddenly scared, hiding her head around her arms, “No escape…soul gone… mentally dies…”

She looks somewhere behind him as she suddenly shouts like crazy.

Doctors and nurses enter the place, trying to calm her down as she screams hysterically, “He’s here! He’s coming to get me! I should not even survive!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shraffe returns home. He still don’t get the desired answer.

Then he reaches his class as he heard something from the toilet.

He sees Seungyeon walks out of there, helped by another of his classmate, Jeon Hyosung.

“Are you okay? You look sick.”

Seungyeon nods, “Just a bit dizzy. I feels like I’ve been eating poisonous food.”

He notices how she rubs her stomach. It seems the pain is right there.

She suddenly silenced, running toward the window. She then starts vomiting.

Hyosung sighs, “Who told you to eat so many?”

Shraffe just standing there, processing the information.

No way…

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shraffe is sitting on the rooftop, lying on the floor, looking at the pink envelope.

Yong Joo appears beside him, “Still keeping that? Why not just give it to her?”

“Will I still accept her? After what happened just now?”

He tears the envelope into pieces before standing up and throws it off to the ground.

The ghost stands up, shouting at him, “Hey, littering is a bad thing!”

Kill…

Hearing such, Shraffe quickly turns around, looking at the old building.

The figure in black is standing at the second floor, looking at him.

Blink.

Disappear.

But then he sees Seungyeon walking toward the building, “What the hell is she doing there!?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

He finally reaches the building, reaching her.

Seungyeon is holding a bunches of flowers as she sees him, “Shraffe, what are you doing here?”

“Me? What are you doing here? Don’t you get crept out by this place?”

“I do.”

“What’s with the flower?”

She looks sad, looking at the building, “Three years ago, my friend enters this building in search for the ball we played in a baseball game. She never comes out of there at all.”

“What’s her name?”

“Jung Yong Joo…”

He widen his eyes, looking at Yong Joo who is beside him.

She suddenly flies midair, higher than she usually floats as she screams like a banshee.

His ear hurts like hell and quickly covers them both. He also sees that Seungyeon is doing the same thing.

Yong Joo flies into the building, passing through a dark figure standing in front of them, “Mine…”

Something jump out of his pocket and into the building as well.

“My pendant!” he is about to enter the place, but Seungyeon quickly pulls him away, “No!”

He then disappears from the sight, leaving the two outside of the building.

Shraffe turns toward her, “Why did you stop me!? That’s my pendant!”

“It’s too dangerous! Why is that pendant so important to you?”

“Because it is a gift you gave to me for my birthday! It’s the only thing that kept me from hating you!”

She looks startled, “You… hate me?”

“Students, what are you doing here!?”

They turn toward their side, looking at two teachers walking toward them.

Seungyeon responds, “Eunjung-sam! Jang Woo-sam!”

The female teacher quickly walks toward them, “Did you two hurt?”

The male teacher asks, “What was that screaming?”

Seungyeon shakes her head, “I have no idea. But the sound was right here.”

“Come on, let’s go! Let’s not spend time in here.”

They walk away from the place, but…

Save me!

Shraffe looks at the building, looking at bleeding Yong Joo trying to reach for his hand from the second floor, looking desperate.

But the teachers pull him away from there.

That’s the last time he sees her.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Should we even do this party?”

It is the graduation party, also the prom night everyone has been waiting for. Like the name, everybody brings the partner regardless who and join in the dance party.

Shraffe, still bitter with Seungyeon, unfortunately did not bring any. Still, people somehow managed to make him follow them all.

“What if we wake up just to see that we are inside that old building, unable to escape?”

“That’s just an urban legend, isn’t it?”

“I’m telling you, it’s not!”

“Whatever. YOLO, brother!”

Grah, this is bad! At this point the same thing is going to happen this year!

He looks around, seeing Teacher Eunjung speaking to other teacher. She is his homeroom teacher, and by far the one closest to their students. She always believes in everyone. She also believes about him seeing the bodies last year.

“Eunjung-sam!”

“Ah, Shraffe! Enjoying the party?”

“We need to stop this party, quick!”

“Why?”

“Because… Grim Teacher…”

Oh no…

That person in black figure is right behind her.

And then all he sees is black.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Haaah!”

He finally wakes up, seeing the figure right in front of him, “Grim Teacher!”

“Of all students I have been teaching, you are by far the most excellent student ever. You are never to like such problematic lifestyle the students have, and with the recent heartbroken moment you’ve experienced, your will of being a better person drives even more. As a good teacher, I will not put you into the test like everyone else.”

He sees screens behind the figure, showing different angles of a building. So many people are running away around the place. There’s even his friends…

“Who are you? What are you doing? Why?”

“I am what people called Grim Teacher, summoned by your teachers in order to teach them to become better students.”

“Five years ago, the principal fell in love with a student, wanting to have a forbidden desire against her. He puts the statement of letting the students to do anything they want, just for his desire. Ever since that, students are beyond controllable, and teachers only job is to teach, nothing else.”

“Say what, why don’t you join me in killing those delinquents?”

“Why would I do that? There are my friends!”

“Really? Don’t you ever felt as if you wanting to hate them? They have done a lot of mistakes and still walk away from such. And how about that girl that you loved? After all those times you’ve been with her, she betray your feeling, not even giving you hopes to be with her.”

“If you do want to help me, you can take that scythe with you.”

He then floats toward the door, disappears.

Shraffe hides in the room, no idea what he should be doing at this point.

He then stands up, trying to open the door.

Locked.

He turns toward the scythe, moving his hand slowly onto it.

Grabbing it, something black moving onto his hand, feeling hurt and pain. Even his face is covered with black lines.

He kneels down with a scream, holding the scythe above him.

The door opens up.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seungyeon and some other friends are running around the corridor. They have been searching for exits, but never find even one. The whole is messed up. Sometimes they went up when they are supposed to down to the lower floor, and sometimes down when it’s supposed to be up. Sometimes they enter the same room repeatedly. Sometimes they found themselves walking upside down.

This place is like a maze!

“Graaah!”

“Yura!”

She is stabbed the Grim Teacher from behind. He pulls the blade off her as she fell onto the floor, not moving.

“Keep on running!” Woohyun shout as they keep on going.

Jiyeon fell onto the floor and tries to stand up, but getting stabbed instead.

Soon, the group decreases in numbers, left with only Woohyun and Seungyeon alive.

They then reach a door where he shouts, “Escape!”

He grabs the door, but it is so hard to pull it.

Seungyeon looks around, and sees Grim Teacher floating toward them. She mutters in fear, “Hurry…”

Tapping his shoulder, she turns around to see his head is impaled by a blade.

“A…another one?”

Grim Teacher looks at the newcomer, “You’ve made a good choice.”

The newcomer takes off his robe, showing his face as Shraffe pulls the blade of him.

Seungyeon’s feet is weaken, falling onto the floor, “Shraffe? But why?”

“Why, you ask? Revenge.”

“Revenge?”

“A vengeance for all those time I’ve been played by you and your cute smile. You might look like KARA’s Han Seungyeon, even with the same name but you sure know how to play people’s feeling.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Why bother treating me so closely when you ended up liking someone else? Why giving me hope when you are having fun with someone else?”

“I have no idea what are you talking about…”

He points his blade toward her stomach, “That life shall not be left alive no matter what.”

“Stop!”

“Yong Joo?” Seungyeon looks at his back.

He turns around, sees the bloodied girl near him, “Don’t you love her?”

“I did not love a .”

“But will it be worth it? With all these killings, you will erase all their memories of this school. Their life from then forward will be a boring life, living like a robot.”

“So? Isn’t it better. Think of it as purification.”

“Will it be for the better?”

“Who knows what the future holds?”

“Then let me show you!”

She grabs his head, flashing a bright light in front of him.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Shraffe looks around.

He is in a home.

There’s Seungyeon, typing something on her computer. And there’s even a baby slowly walking toward her, pulling her, “Ma…ma…”

She seems ignoring her, keeps on working on whatever she is doing.

The door opens up, with Shraffe, surprisingly, walking into the scene, “Hey, honey! I’m home!”

She answers coldly, “Welcome home.”

Shraffe just looks at her, with his smile fades.

He then feels a tugging on his pants, “Pa… pa…”

“Hey, Nikki!”

He grabs the baby, holding her tight as she looks excited looking at him.

Looking at the baby, he turns toward her, “Seungyeon, did you already give Nikki a bath?”

“Done.”

“Already cleaned her up?”

“Done.”

He looks at her, not even looking at him.

Shraffe then sits beside her, looking at her work, “Must be hard. With DSP suddenly wanting to make another KARA while letting the real one go, a lot money might have been waste for such, right?”

“Yes.”

He looks at her blank face, “Can’t you at least smile at me?”

“No.”

Straight forward. It’s a good thing, but it is also a bad thing to be.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yong Joo finally lets him go, letting him breathe as he kneels onto the floor, “What was that?”

“If people lose emotions, memories, everything, do you think happiness will come?”

“But…”

“Can’t you at least give her a chance? You never ask her on anything, just going through it… In the first place, your hope never loses itself. You are the one rejecting all of them from your life!”

Grim Teacher turns rough, “What are you doing? Kill her! You are doing a favor for the society, for South Korea!”

He stares at the figure, “That’s where you are wrong. I might be a student of South Korea, but I am still a Malaysian. It’s useless for me to do any favor on anything…”

“You bastard!”

CHAK!

Grim Teacher stops at his movement, looking at his body. Shraffe has stabbed the scythe right at him.

“What… are you doing?”

“I’m sorry, but happiness occurs with emotions and feelings. Besides, I don’t do robots.”

“GRAAAAHHH!”

The Grim Teacher shouts out loud, slowly disappearing from existence.

He turns toward Seungyeon, “I’m sorry I killed your ex-boyfriend. At least I don’t kill Nikki.”

“Who?”

He just smiles as he stands up, walking somewhere else.

“Where are you going?”

“Somewhere I need to be. Want to follow me?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The two reach a huge room as she asks him, “What are we doing here?”

Pointing his scythe, he smashes the door knob and pulls it open.

A bloodied body is seen lying on the floor.

“Yong Joo!” Seungyeon shouts as she runs toward the body, shaking her.

She opens up her eyes, looking at her, “Seungyeon?”

She turns toward him, “You’ve saved me…”

“But I let so many people died…”

“Break the scythe.”

“What?” he asks her.

Yong Joo mutters, “Break the scythe. It is the one that lock their souls.”

Swings it toward the wall, he breaks the weapon into two as white lights flying away from it, letting it disappears away. The black marks on his body also disappear.

“From now on, they will be alive, with their memories intact.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All students slowly walk out of the building, helped by fire fighters. The girls are wearing blankets, covering their bodies.

Shraffe is walking side by side with Seungyeon and Yong Joo as the former girl asks the two, “So, all this time Yong Joo is communicating via telepathy with you? Why you?”

Yong Joo quickly responds, “It’s because he has the same wavelength as mine, as I am able to sync our brain together to speak to him. But I just forgot that I am still alive, thinking that I am a friendly ghost.”

Seungyeon then turns toward Shraffe, “One last question; who is Nikki?”

“Ah…well…”

Shraffe asks her, “Did your stomach feeling hurt again?”

“Why would I feel sick?”

“That’s what you felt before during the holiday…”

“Well, someone has been doing a prank on me, giving me rotten food for breakfast. Of course, I would feel sick for the day. But it’s not that bad that I will carry the pain till today.”

Wait, what?

Yong Joo suddenly speaks up, “Ah, this is yours, right?”

She gives him a pendant with his name on it.

Shraffe is overjoyed, “You found it?”

“Of course, I am the one who pull it. Sorry about that.”

She then turns toward Seungyeon, “This is yours, right?”

Seungyeon also receives a pendant with her name on it, “Where did you found it?”

“In the drain.”

“Thank you, Yong Joo! I’ve lost it in the toilet before! I asked Woohyun to help me find it, but he accidentally flushed it. I hate him so much!”

Wait, that’s what happened? This is awkward… Wait so that means that the baby Nikki is...

She turns toward him, smiling at him, “Would you look at this?”

“Hey, the pendant looks similar as mine.”

“Of course! It is supposed to be a couple pendant-“

She nearly chokes as she coughs roughly, “I mean… I asked the shop to make it look similar.”

Shraffe blushes, actually manages to hear the word, “Okay…”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?”

The whole class shouts at Teacher Eunjung.

She mutters with guilt on her face, “All of you have to repeat because all of you failed your final exam.”

Shraffe stands up, “Impossible! Even Seungyeon!? She is like, the best of this batch!”

She blushes, looking away with a smile on her face. Yura and Jiyeon seem pissed.

“Yeah, she plays a lot this year. Her result is really bad, just like all of you.”

“Are you sure you’re not just pissed that we survived the Grim Teacher?”

“Why would I feel that way? I am so glad that you guys saved!”

Yeah, Shraffe and his friends already know the truth, so it is pretty useless because his friends mean the whole class.

Eunjung sighs, trying to put a smile on her face, “Anyway, you will be joining your junior next year. In addition, you will have to spend your holiday in here for supplementary classes.”

“OWH, COME ON!”

“On top of that, you will be joined by a new student.”

Yong Joo enters the class, waving at them all, “Hi, everyone!”

“YONG JOO!”

Shraffe seems excited, “You are in this class too?”

“Of course! I have missed a lot of classes, so I will need to catch up with you guys!”

Jiyeon and Yura look at each, looking even more pissed.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is break as Shraffe walks toward Woohyun, “Well, sorry about impaling your head.”

“Yeahh… the pain is short.”

“And sorry about posting the video of you impaled into Vine…”

Yura exclaims, “That was my idea. We found a video footage in the building before it is collapsed.”

Jiyeon seems proud, “That’s for pissing Shraffe off.”

Woobin wonders, “Why would you do that; trying to kill us all?”

He laughs, “Maybe I’m just jealous with how close you guys can be, breaking the boundary of genders.”

Yong Joo suddenly grabs his and Seungyeon’s hands, “Come on! I have been hungry for years! Let’s get some food!”

Yura and Jiyeon pull them as well as they walk toward the cafeteria.

Shunji scoffs, “Jealous? Right now we are looking at four girls trying to win your heart. Why would you be jealous with us?”

 

End.

Note to self: Horror story, fail. This turns out to be a love story instead.

Shunji is also an OC made by me. Yong Joo on the other hand…

Next: Two-become-one story! A love story between Shraffe (the protagonist), Jinwoon and Nicole! When all companies are gathered up into one company, the new boss decide to around and put some idols into different countries for ‘experience’, meeting with new recruits all over the world. So, Jinwoon and Nicole among some other idols are sent to Malaysia, joining the recruits there. Shraffe is, well, a rising star. But that’s not all! Zombies and dragons!

Yeah, that will be one messed up story…