II - Déjà vu

Two Poles Of A Magnet


When Lay said that we will meet again, I wasn't holding on to much hope of that actually happening. He knew nothing about me and I knew nothing about him. How was he supposed to find me?

So when Lay walked into the placed I work for, I was more that just a little surprised. Half the reason being that Lay looked even better in broad daylight compared to just a silhoutte in the darkness and the other half because an equally handsome guy was standing next to him. It wasn't good that I worked in a crystal display shop because everything was made of glass and I was holding a snow globe which I let slipped out of my fingers when I saw Lay.

The glass globe fell from my hand and I cringed knowing that it would come out of my pay check if it broke but it didn't happened exactly that way because the guy who came in with Lay moved faster then lightning -I know this since I can control actual lightning- to catch it before it fell. He moved too fast for an average human so I came to a conclusion that he was either special like Lay or just weird like me.

"Here you go." The tall, lean and fast other guy said while passing back the snow globe I was holding earlier. I took it gratefully and bowed at him.

Lay took the cue to step forward. "I told you we'll meet again." He smiled his dimpled smile that I found myself missing in those rare times I wasn't thinking about him. 

"Does he also have what we have?" I stuttered while gesturing at the other guy in the room. Lay looked at the other guy and nodded.

"Is your shift almost done? We can talk more at the coffee shop near here." Lay held the door open and the other guy walked out. I looked at the clock on the wall and there was still five minutes before my shift was over. I asked the shop owner sitting on the counter to leave a bit early and was welcomed with a yes. I quickly slipped out of the apron they made me wear here and walked out of the door Lay was still holding open. I was about to walk to the direction of the nearest coffee shop I remember which was round a bend but Lay stopped me by pulling my arm. The static feeling I felt when our skin touched was back and I shivered. "Give me your hands." I looked at him perplexed but he took it as a sign to gather both my hands in his before passing my left hand to the other guy and keeping the right hand to himself. Lay reached out his right hand to the other guy and we stand in the middle of the street hands connecting in a circle. The other guy suddenly started vibrating and before I knew it the scene in front of me changes and we were in front of a coffee shop with a bright sign that says EXO. The other guy nodded at Lay with a smile before walking into the shop. 

"I thought you said we were going to a coffee shop nearby." I stated and Lay turned to look at me. "Did we just..."

"Teleport?" Lay said with an amused grin while I nod. "Yeah, we did. That is Kai's special 'power'." I assumed the Kai that Lay was referring to was the other guy. "Come on, let's go. We don't want to be late."

"Late for what?" I asked quietly. From the glass window, I looked into the shop and saw a few guys and girls goofing around and joking. They were laughing and there was one guy that was playing with a ball but he never seem to catch it but the ball seem to freeze in midair. It all made sense when I saw him move the ball around without touching it once. He has telekinesis; something I thought only exists in novels.

"I'm bringing you to meet other people that has the same fate as us. Jong Dae, you and I aren't the only who have weird abilities and it is nice to know people who share similar problems. Come on." Lay whined impatiently and grabbed my arm again. The static was back and it felt too good for me to push him away.

I looked at Lay's beaming face while he pushed open the door into EXO before something bugged me. "Wait, how do you know my name?" I asked but Lay just smiled knowingly.

Lay cleared his throat and everyone in the room turned to face us. I could feel my face flushed into an embarassing shade of red. "This is the guy I told you about." Lay pushed me slightly forward and I looked up to see faces staring back at me. Most of them were smiling and I tried to smile back. "This is Jong Dae and he is special, like us." A chorus of hellos was thrown at me before they go back to doing what they were doing earlier. Lay dragged me to them to introduce them but my attention was attracted back to the boy who was still levitating the ball around the room. Lay followed my line of vision. "Luhan." Lay called and the telekinesis boy turned to look at us.

He smiled shyly before walking up towards us. "Hey."

"What you did there was amazing." I breathed out.

Luhan laughed happily which sounded like wind chimes to my ears. "Thank you. It is a handy power to have. What about you; what can you do?"

I looked down and stared at my hands which was covered in thick gloves. I gulped and found myself tongue-tied. "I..."

Lay sensing my hesitation came to my rescue and sent Luhan away to get us some coffee. When Luhan was gone, Lay looked at me with remorse. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay, really. I just never told anyone about this ability before. I wasn't used to it."

"You don't have to, I will keep your secret but you can be yourself around them. They all know what it's like to be different." Lay suddenly made a grab for my hand again and lead me to the second floor. There were more people hanging out here and I could see a very tall guy producing fire from his hands, another girl seemingly turning everything she touch into dust and another guy causing snow flakes to fall indoors. "I know a guy who has a similar power to you, maybe you can talk to him." Lay gestured to a guy on my left. My face fell and I could feel my heart crunch into a ball inside of me because sitting next to the guy Lay was pointing at was him.

It was him.

 

A/N : I know it's short but this is all I could find time for. I'm travelling everywhere this days and not all the time I get internet or time to write. I wanted to update this later but since some of you wanted to read more, I obliged. Like I said, a drabble a day .

Well I am going back to writing a sequel for I Want To Know You which you should read if you haven't yet since ChenLay.

I will only come back to this if I get more people wanting to read more so tell me by commenting. 

ChenLay is going to be the death of me.

Till next time, thanks for subscribing and reading!