I - Broken

Two Poles Of A Magnet

It was the fifth time this week that I had come to Hangang Park and just sat on the swings staring at the immense sky above. Without him, the night is shattered and the stars shiver in the distance. I told myself that I shouldn't shed anymore tears for someone like him but I can still hear his laughter from the time we always met up here for we both loved the innocence of parks. My sight kept searching for him, as though to go to him and my heart looked for him but he was nowhere to be found. Through nights like this, I kissed him under the endless sky and I settle comfortably into his arms. Now, he is no longer with me but probably with another. Someone else that could satisfy him, someone else who could please him and someone else he could say I love you to. He never once said I love you to me. Not once in the three blissful months we were together. I said it enough for the both of us. Sadly, it still wasn't enough.

The next night I once again dragged my limp body to the park to waste another few hours in sorrow. My legs were familiar with the routine of going towards the park. A couple walked passed me with their arms around each other and a flashback of him and me doing the same actions hit me hard; I gasped. I pushed the memory to the back of my mind and forced myself to move forward to the park, knowing very well I was tormenting myself. Upon reaching the park, I once again hear the familiar laughter and his voice bringing back sad memories. It was then accompanied by another unfamiliar voice. I crept slowly through the pathway and see him sitting on our swing but he wasn't alone.
 
"I love you." He whispered sweetly to the stranger sitting where I used to sit with him.
 
"I never said I love you to anyone I dated before. I don't only do it to you." He said one day when I finally plucked up the courage to ask him.
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because I don't believe in true love yet." He looked at my sad expression and sighed. "I like you Jong Dae but we don't know what the future holds for us. I'm holding in my love so that I won't waste it if my true love does come along."
 
The scene played in my head and I felt stupid that I didn't break it off then and there. He was practically telling me I wasn't his true love but I was blind. I was blinded by him. I still am.
 
I stared at them laughing with each other and pained welled in my chest. We might have broken up but this was our place. I thought that at least meant something to him but once again I was holding on to false hope that made it harder to walk away. Without alerting them, I quickly stalked of to the opposite direction but it was dark and I tripped falling face first onto the side walk. Everything hurts and I struggled to get up but I can't. The pain from the fall and the pain from my heart breaking was weighing me down. A hand was reached out to me and I looked up. From the small light source iluminating from a lamp post nearby, I see a silhoute of a guy. I took his hand to try to push myself up again but it wasn't working. 
 
"Here, let me." His sweet voice reached my ears. He kneeled down and slowly helped me up by draping my arm over his shoulder. He walked slowly, careful to transfer all my weight to him while steering us towards a nearby bench that was well-lit. He sat me down carefully and then kneeled in front of me to check for the bruises.
 
"I'm fine." I whispered to him because I wanted to be alone. I wanted this nice and beautiful man -yes beautiful I realized when I finally saw him with light bouncing of his face delicately and he has the deepest dimple on his cheek- to leave me so I can wallow in pain. No matter how much my body hurts, it could never distract the pain lodged in my heart.
 
"Let me heal you." The beautiful stranger whispered softly and hovered his hands on the sore spots. I stared in shock as the pain recides and it was left with a tingly sensation. "There. Does anywhere else hurt?"
 
I shook my head. "How did you..."
 
The stranger smiled and took a seat next to me. "I don't know exactly. I was in a car accident with my parents and they didn't make it but I did. After that near-death experience, this power -if you could call it that- saved me because I managed to heal myself of all injuries but it was too late for my parents. It stayed with me ever since. You must think I'm a freak." The stranger said while chuckling softly.
 
"No I don't." I said back and he looked at me in confusion. "I know exactly what you mean." I hesitated a bit but realized that maybe someone else could know about my secret that I have been keeping from the world. This stranger did helped me. I took off the glove I was wearing on my right hand and touched the stranger's arm softly with my bare hands. I felt the familiar tingle of static pass through me and when he jumped a little, I knew he felt it too.
 
"You have this too?" He asked in shock but he doesn't look scared. He looked relieved.
 
"Yes. When I was thirteen, I almost drowned in the ocean but I was saved by a group of jellyfish. For some reason they kept me afloat until someone saved me and then when I woke up, I realized I can produce lightning from my hands."
 
The stranger pointed at the right glove I took off that was resting on my lap. "Is that why you have to wear gloves all the time?" 
 
I looked at the abandoned glove and quickly slipped it back on. "I don't want to hurt anyone."
 
He looked at me with startling brown eyes and took both my hands in his. I tried to jerk it away but he shushed me. He took off both the gloves slowly and he touched my bare hands. I could feel the static moving through me towards him again and I closed my eyes anticipating the worse but suddenly it recided. I opened my eyes and he smiled at me. "I can repel you. You won't hurt me."
 
For the first time since my heart was shattered, I smiled. He looked at his watch and told me he had to go. He got up from the bench and flashed me another dimpled smile before walking away. Before I could stop myself, I got up and shouted after him, "What is your name?"
 
He turned around and shouted back, "Lay!"
 
"And mine is..." He stopped me from continuing with a shook of his head.
 
"We'll meet again soon, tell me then." He walked away then and I looked at his figure getting futher and futher away from me. For some reason I felt like a magnet and he managed to repel me when no one could before. Not even him. All I wanted to do now was to attract him back to me. The first person who wasn't affected by my strange power; Lay.
 
 
A/N : WARNING, every chapter is probably going to be super short because it's like a tiny drabble a day. I'll update if someone is interested in this, okay? I need to write a sequel for my other ChenLay fic and I at priotizing.
 
Do all writers have problems like this?
 
I should stop procrastinating.