One Step, Two Steps Down The Aisle (Minstal)

Peace of Mind__ One Shots and Story Inspirations

 

 

She walked down the aisle of the church, clad in a white wedding dress. One step, two steps, three steps. 

 

He was right there, waiting for her, a faint smile on his lips. Her heartbeat accelerated as she tightened her clutch on her father's arm. He would be the very man that she'd spend the rest of her life. 

 

One step, two steps. 

 

She'll always remember how they first met. As cliche as it sounded, their first meeting was at a small cafe in town. There, she worked as a waitress and one day he just came in, ordering a blueberry pie and a cup of latte.

 

"Hey, I remember you," he said as his gaze trailed on her busy figure preparing his order, "You go to  Seoul Academy too right?" 

 

She stared at his face, trying fervently to recall his presence in school. Due to the fact that she liked to keep to herself in school, her social circle was very limited-- too limited in fact. 

 

"It's okay if you don't know me, well, at least now you do! Remember, my name is Choi Minho!" 

 

She smiled fondly at the flashback. Who would have guessed that a simple meeting like that would blossom into a beautiful relationship? 

 

Down the aisle. One step, two steps. 

 

She'll never forget his confession. Despite being a smarty-pants in terms of academics, she was dafter than daft when it came to relationship stuff. Hence, it was indeed a great shock for her upon hearing Minho's words. 

 

"I heard that you're stupid in terms of relationships." 

 

"Well… I guess so? I can never tell whether guys like me or not." 

 

Suddenly, he reached out and cupped her small face in his warm, big hands. 

 

"I like you," he confessed, staring intently in her eyes, his eyes filled with adoration. "And don't be so stupid to ignore my feelings. I'm telling you how much I love you now. In your face. Like literally." 

 

This time round, she had to bite her lips to prevent herself from laughing out loud and disrupting the tranquility of the ceremony. That confession was definitely a combination of awkwardness and pure love, making it a truly memorable one. 

 

"Krys, stop spacing out, you're reaching the end of the aisle," her father reminded gently. 

 

One step, two steps. 

 

She looked into his eyes bashfully as her journey down the aisle was coming to an end. This time round, she would officially be his. 

 

Till death does them apart. 

 

On this day,

I give you my heart,

My promise,

That I will walk with you,

Hand in hand,

Wherever our journey leads us,

Living, learning, loving,

Together,

Forever.

 

 

(Written for sherlocklove