Distant Friends

Our Secret Love

Haiiz! So sorry for not updating! School time and I'm still trying to adjust to it so please bare with me :) Anyways I hope you like the chapter!
-------
Last time
==========
  " Yum!"
----
    " ___! Rise and shine!"
==========
___'s POV
   
    Wow, that was an intense dream. Heh, looks like Jonghyun and I are each other's first kiss. Boy, were we innocent then. I took off my eyemask and went straight to my bathroom. I ended up doing my daily facial routine, took a quick shower, and applied light makeup. I didn't  want to be too fancy today so I decided on a navy blue dress and black tights under. [http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-oversized-drawstring-dress-navy-blue-one-size/info.html/pid.1023057011 pretend shes wearing the tights, okie?]
    I got out of my room and saw Grandma on the couch with a bowl of rice and leftover dinner. She was watching reruns of Boys Over Flowers. Aish, what's so addicting about that drama! First Mom, now Grandma?
    " Good morning! " I greeted her as I made my way to the fridge.
    Hmm, kimchi, ungrilled pork, eggs, milk, and some fruit. Time to go stock up. I sadly left the kitchen with my empty stomach and went back inside my room. [ if you dont remember ---> http://www.home-designing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/girl_bedroom_by_DARKDOWDEVIL.jpg +
http://www.home-designing.com/wpcontent/uploads/2010/02/girl_bedroom2_by_DARKDOWDEVIL-582x465.jpg
    I got out a notepad and started writing down things that I need to buy. Hmm, cereal is a must. Milk for the cereal, and soda for guests.Cabbage, lettuce, spinach and onions are needed too. Oh! Ramen of course! Eggs, flour, and some meat just incase I need it.
       " Grandma! I'm going to the market to buy some food, want to come?" I asked her while getting out my bag.
    "SHUSH! I am watching the dramatic scene here! I'll stay here and get the mail,okay?" Grammie replied staring straight at tv with a bowl of buttery popcorn. Aish that ajumma. I got my keys and locked the door. Off to the market!
--------
Jonghyun's POV
    "Ahh, first day living by myself. Bed so comfortable, home so much like home, what else could I ask for? " I thought to myself.
     I was laying in bed not wanting to get out when I heard some keys jingling. ____ must be going somewhere. I got up out of bed and started walking out the door. Yup that was ____ leaving the building. She was wearing a hint of that perfume I got her on her birthday. I can't believe she wears it still. I silently shut the door and started to rummage through the fridge. Heh, the maids even remembered to pack food. I got a bowl,milk and cereal. As I took a bite my mind started pondering around.
    Hmmm, I wonder what ____'s up to.
--------
____'s POV
    Hmm, what kind of cereal should I get? Lucky Charms or Cheerios? Lucky Charms is my ultimate favorite but Cheerios are healthier. Oh screw it, I'll just get both. Into the cart it goes! Hmm what's next on the list.
Grocery items
Ramen
Eggs
Milk
Coke
Noodles
Pork
Beef
Cereal
Bread and jam
Bananas
Apples
Spinach
Lettuce
Cabbage
Tomatoes
Rice
Seaweed wrap
Onions
Carrots
Napkins
To go boxes
--------------
    Well I clearly have a lot more to get. I started walking over to the vegetables isle and by the fruits guess who I saw. Blonde curls hanging on a pink cardigan. It was Jessica- my distant best friend. I decided to get up closer to make sure it was Jessica, girls nowday really do like dying their hair blonde. I started picking some fresh apples.
    "____!" A high voice called out.
    Yup, it was Jessica.
    " Oh hi Jessica! What brings you here? " I started while securing my bag filled with apples.
    " Just doing my chores, so whats up? " Jessica replied while looking through some apples as well. I was picking out some bananas. Hmm  how many should I get?
    " Just getting food to fill my empty fridge, so hows life? " I responded looking at her, she had slight makeup on and her hair was in a messy bun. Heh, I guess she went for the same concept as myself.
    " Hmm, same old things. Babysitting from 3-7, going on dates with Heechul, drowning in homework. Nothing new really." She sighed at what she thinks is her boring life.
    " Pfft! What's Heechul like? Anything serious between you guys? "I blabbed.
    She looked down and just stared blanky at the ground, then preceded to answer,            " Well the thing is.. I'm feeling really awkward around him..." She murmured. Something must be up.
    " How so? " I asked while comforting her like any friend would do.
    " I can't be with a guy whose more feminine than I am! " She slightly yelled frusterated, expressing how she felt with her body. I couldn't help but laugh.
    " HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!" Was all I could let out.
    " I'm serious! If I didn't know any better I would've thought I was talking to a girl! " Jessica exclaimed. Oh poor her. We started talking more and more about her situation, before I knew it we were by the coffee samples, drinking in her pain.
    " Oh poor you, he seems like such a diva! " I confessed then taking a sip of coffee.
    " Trust me, he is. I don't know what to dooo! He just seems so..so.. gay." Jessica pouted.
    " Haha, ignore him a bit, then go on a date if he didn't change at all from all the signs and faces you've made  you can so ditch him, " I advised her then grabbing a cookie (another sample) to go with my coffee.
    " Wow, why didn't I think of that. Thanks ____, I don't know what I'd do without you! " Jessica expressed pulling me in a hug. I hugged back, and spoke up.
    " I don't know what I'd do without you either, Jessie." We pulled away and started finishing up our groceries, and talking about our current events.
30 minutes later
    " I'll text you later, ___! " Jess assured me before leaving.
    " Bye!"
    We both walked off our own seperate ways. Ahh I needed that girl talk. I've been out of it ever since Jonghyun and I became a couple. I guess our friendship isn't so distant anymore. I didn't realize it but I was smiling. I walked back home and when I opened the door what did I see? Grandma still watching Boys Over Flowers. Again, it doesn't look like she's moved a bit since I left like an hour ago!  A true ajumma indeed but hey that's grandma!.
    " Grandma! I'm back! " I yelled while kicking the door open. Stupid heavy groceries.
    " Oh well your back early." Grammie plainly replied her gaze still on the T.V. She was at the part where that kingka and poor girl are stuck in this ride, and the kingka gets cold. Boy, I need to rewatch this drama.
    " Erm, a little help here?" I begged, these bags are killing me! She paused the movie and quickly ran over and removed some bags off my arms. Ahh much better.
    " Sorry, I was at a dramatic scene. " Grandma smiled apologetically.
    " It's alright."
    We settled the bags on the counter then she left for her movie. I started filling the fridge and then I noticed the mail on the counter. Looks like Grandma did SOMETHING besides watch Boys Over Flowers. After finishing filling the fridge I went over to the mail. Hmm advertisement, water bill, coupons, more bills and a letter from the building. I scanned through the letter.
    Dear current resident in 5005,
Someone has moved in to 5004. Please clear up the fire escape and share with the resident. Please be a friendly neighbor and have a nice day :)
- Mr. Kim
    A new neighbor? Maybe I should bake cookies or something to welcome the new neighbor.
    "Grandma! Someone moved in next door! Should we do something?" I asked.
    " Go make a platter of cookies!" She replied still staring at the T.V.
    " Okay " I thought to myself.
    I wonder what the neighbor is like...
---------------
Sorry for not updating! I hope this chapter was long enough to make up for everything! Please comment! Thank you :)
- LiLAYY