Miracles in December

Miracles in December

I gaze longingly at you whom I can’t see,

I listen carefully to the you whom I can’t hear

I see the scenes that I couldn’t see before

I can hear the voices I couldn’t hear before

You have given me super powers from when you left me

 

Changmin saw his favorite hyung sitting near the window without any cardigan. He took a shawl and wrapped it around the shorter male.

 

“Hyung! You’ll catch a cold. Why are you so careless? You always scold when I don’t use proper winter clothes and now look at you. Its so cold today still you are not wearing any sweater. What if you catch a cold huh?”

 

Jaejoong smiled and turned around to face Changmin who was right behind him.

 

“And what if YOU catch a cold? You are also not wearing any warm cloth mister. You need it more than me.”

 

The older man tried to wrap the shawl around his maknae.

“Lets share it Hyung.”

Saying that Changmin pulled Jaejoong in his arm, wrapping the warm shawl around both of them and kissed the shorter man’s forehead.

 

Just then Yunho was passing by his room.

 

“Changmin?”

 

He turned to see a tall man standing near the door.

 

“Yes Yunho Hyung!”

“Who are you talking to?”

“No one. Why?”

“I felt I heard you talking to someone.”

“I was on the phone.”

“Oh… Okay then. I am going to bed. Good night!”

“Good night Hyung!”

 

Jaejoong was gone from his arms. The warmness he felt a few minutes ago was no longer there. He tightened his grip around the shawl but it didn’t work. He had never felt so cold in his life before. Next time he would make sure to lock the door so that no one could disturb the precious moment with his beloved Hyung. So that next time his Jaejoong Hyung won’t run away from him because of anyone or anything.

 

In the past I was too selfish only caring about myself

In the past I was too foolish to understand your heart

Now I am changing every day

Clearly you’re not by my side

But I am changing because of you,

Because of the love you gave me

 

Flashback : (During DBSK Saipan Tour)

 

“Changmin… Changmin-ahhh”

“What?”

“Let me sleep with you?”

“No.”

“Please?”

“Say Changmin hyung please let me sleep here.”

“Changmin Hyung please let me sleep with you.”

“Go outside and sleep there.”

“Yaahhhh…”

“Sorry Hyung. You lost the game. So you have to sleep there.”

 

Jaejoong went to the balcony with heavy heart and close the door. A few minutes later Yoochun came there.

 

“Hyung! Do you want to sleep on the couch? It’s too cold outside. I can sleep on the carpet. I sleep on the floor anyway.”

“Aww… Thank you Yoochun. But no. I won’t you sleep on the floor. You have asthema and the carpet will harm you. Don’t worry about me… I’ll sneak into Changmin’s bed once he falls asleep.”

“Hyung… Why don’t you tell him how you feel?”

“I can’t Yoochun… What if he rejects me? I don’t want to lose him… His friendship. I can’t.”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Changmin was preparing the bed to sleep. He place the two pillow side by side and then went to his side of the bed and got under the blanket. He placed his hand on the empty side of the bed and caressed it slowly.

 

“Sorry for not letting you sleep with me that night Jaejoong Hyung. I am really very sorry.”

His eyes got teary thinking about those day. Jaejoong was so close to him. He was there with him all the time. But he ignored him. He thought they had their whole life to spend together. But he was wrong. Only if he knew he won’t have the other man with him in the future he would have spent each and every single moment with the man with whom he fell in love with but could never confess. Now all he could do is wait…. That someday the love of his life would come back and share the bed with him.

 

“I have prepared the bed for you. Will you come tonight Hyung? I’ll be waiting.”

 

Changmin stared at the other pillow waiting for his Jaejoong hyung until sleep dragged him to dreamland where he had his loved one in his arm.

 

Every time I think of you my whole world is filled with you

The snow that falls in the night sky each one is your tears

I wish that you could appear in front of me in a moment

I wish that you could return to my side

These useless super powers of mine are unable to bring you back to me

It was the first day of DBSK’s concert in Japan. Changmin’s make-up and hair were done. He was waiting in his room for the call to get on stage. When he looked out the window he noticed it was snowing.

“The first snow of winter…”

Changmin stood up from his chair and went toward the huge window in the room.

“If I make a wish… Will it come true? If I wish for you will you come back Jae Hyung?”

Just then a man entered to let him know that it was time. Soon Changmin was standing on the stage with Yunho on his left side. The fans were screaming their name. He close his eyes and listened to the fans scream. He felt special… He felt like a superman… But when he opened his eyes and looked on his right side his Jaejoong Hyung was not there. His wish didn’t come true. Even though he was standing in front of thousands of people he felt lonely… Without Jaejoong.

Let me freeze time and return to your side

Turning back the pages in this book of memories

The you and I from that page, the you and I of that time

 

The me that is not strong enough is changing everyday because of your love

You changed everything - my entire life, my entire world

The 10th anniversary of DBSK was approaching soon. Changmin was looking at their old pictures. They were so happy… All five of them. Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong, him and Yunho. Specially him and Jaejoong.. His hands around Jaejoong’s shoulder and the older man was holding back his hand. Changmin couldn’t help it… A tear rolled down his cheek and fell on the picture.

“Hey! Why is my baby crying? My Changmin is strong right? Don’t cry… I am right here… With you… Always.”

Jaejoong placed a hand on Changmin’s heart and with other hand he wiped the tears.

“Changminahhh… Dinner is ready”

Yunho called him for dinner from the dining room.

“Coming Hyung.” - Changmin shouted back. He wiped his face properly because he didn’t want the leader to see the tears. He didn’t want to be selfish anymore. He had caused enough harm ignoring the other hyung’s feelings in the past. Now that he was gone he was regretting it every moment of his life. He wouldn’t do the same mistake again with Yunho. He won’t let Yunho know that he was hurting because he decided to stay. As far as Jaejoong is concerned, Changmin placed a hand on his heart, his Jaejoong was right there… In his heart and always will be.

In the past I did not understand how to cherish love

I once believed that even if love ended, it would be fine

But now I am changing because of you

Clearly, you aren’t by my side

Yet my love is still continuing as if it knows no bounds

Flashback - Christmas eve

“Changminahhh.”

“Yes Jae.. why are you shouting?”

“Yahhh! I am your Hyung. Show some respect.”

“Whatever!” - Changmin rolled his eyes. - “Why were you calling?”

“I bought you a present.”

“Really? Show me.”

“Tadaaaaaa…”

Jaejoong showed the sweater to Changmin that he bought.

“Ewww! Thats ugly.”

“No it’s not… It’s cute. I bought one for myself too.”

“Then I am never gonna wear it.”

*end of flashback*

It was Christmas day and Changmin was wearing that sweater that Jaejoong bought him 6 years ago. He sniffed the sweater. It might be his mind playing tricks on him but the sweater smelled like Jaejoong. Did the sweater get switched? Was he wearing Jaejoong’s sweater now?

“Oppaaaaa… Where is my gift?”

One of Changmin’s younger sister entered the room whinning.

“Oh my God! What are you wearing? That sweater looks hideous on you. You didn’t buy new clothes for this year’s christmas?”

“I did… But it’s a special day. So I wanted to wear something special.”

“What’s so special about this sweater?”

“It’s a gift… From someone special . I want to show that person that its important to me… That I have kept it… That I love this sweater.”

Changmin’s sister wanted to say that his brother had lost his mind. But seeing how Changmin was kind of embracing the sweater she decided to keep shut.

I gaze longingly at you whom I can’t see,

I listen carefully to the you whom I can’t hear

 

“Jae… It’s Christmas. Won’t you visit me today?”

 

It was almost midnight. Christmas will be over in a few minutes. The whole day Changmin waited for Jaejoong. He thought he would show up but he didn’t and now he was thinking of giving up. He stood up from the couch and turned to go to bed. There he saw him… His Jaejoong… Standing in front of him… Wearing the same sweater… With the brightest smile on his pretty face.

 

“You came.” - Changmin smiled.

“I came.”

 

- The End -

 

A/N : Another lameeeeeee story. I cried while writing this story. Before I didn't mind reading sad fics of JaeMin but now my heart can't bear the sadness. I can't see my babies sad. Anyways... Sorry for the lameness and sadness of my story. I hope no one got confused of the story. So basically all the Jaejoong moment in present was Changmin's imagination.