Promises

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

A door slammed as she walked out her room with her suitcase behind. She froze. In the midst of her packing, she realized she didn't really check if anyone was awake in the house.

 

So here she was, face to face with the person she least wanted to see. Especially since in the back of her head she knew that he had the ability to make her come to her senses. (But not because she didn't want to leave him. Because she promised her parents she would marry him and she's not a liar.)

 

He stared at her with confusion first. And then as the realization dawned, his eyes gradually turned understanding. And suddenly she found it so hard to breathe. Would he be angry with her? She was in the midst of ditching this or whatever they had... 

 

"Are you... going somewhere..?" He asked almost as if he wouldn't stop her.

 

And Krystal could do nothing but nod. There was a deafening silence afterwards. Her heart drumming against her chest. And their eyes locked into an intense stare. She couldn't tell what he was feeling but she thought she saw a hint of disappointment? And then his eyes shot down and broke the stare.  

 

"Ah, I'm sorry for interrupting you. I'll just pretend like I didn't see anything." He walked past her with his head down but paused a few feet behind her. He wavered on his feet a while before turning around slowly. He looked at her with hesitation before finally mustering up whatever he was going to say. 

 

"I... I hope you'll find happiness with wherever you're going. And I'm sorry that we met under such horrible circumstances." And then he gave her a small smile and continued walking to his room. 

 

Krystal was confused. Her face scrunched in confusion. Even his parting words confused her. He couldn't possibly be... letting her go? She stared at his back that was gradually getting further and further. 

 

"...Wait. Aren't you going to stop me...?" Her voice sounded small even to her own ears. In fact, she was mentally scolding herself. Here he was, letting her leave without stopping her and she has to question this? Didn't she want to leave? Wasn't this what she wanted? Minho was waiting for her in front of the house! This was exactly what she wanted! 

 

But a part of her really wanted to know. And if she was honest, she thought he cared about her enough to want her to stay.

 

He took a sharp breath.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter