Five

The Red Sneaker

   'Kring!Kring!'I slowly open my eyes.It's already 6.30 a.m.I quickly rise and go to bathroom.I wear red shirt that was given by Mr.Lee,white jean and my white sneaker.I have to be early today.Since today it's my first day working.I went to kitchen and take my breakfast.My mom and my dad already go to their work.Before I exit the house,I heard my housekeeper say,''Good luck on your first day.''She give me a smile.I hug her.''Thank you,ahjumma.''

    I arrive at the bookstore sharp at 8 o'clock.Suddenly,I feel someone tap my shoulder.''Are you new staff?''I nod.''Im Minji and you?''I stretch out mu hand.''Im Park Eunji.''I smile.We both shake our hands.Then,we start our work.Minji go to cash desk since she's working as a cashier and also the one who have to greet the customers.While,I go to book shelves,organizing the books.

   Then,suddenly the door bell chime.I thought it's our first customer.I thought I want to greet the customer,but I have to organize the books.So I just continue my work.

   ''Hi,Minji.''Kai greet Minji.''You're late,Jongin.''She glance at Kai.''Im sorry.I woke late today.''Kai scratch his neck.''Well,I heard we have new staff?''Minji nodded.''Yeah,that's right.She's working with you.''Kai grin.Finally,he has someone to talk with while organizing.''She's here already?''Kai frown.''Yes,she's at the back.Go help her.''

   ''Are you the new staff?''I feel someone tap my shoulder lightly.I turn and my jaw almost drop.''Kai?''''Eunji?''We said in unison.Both of us giggle.I can't believe I meet him again.Is this a destiny?I look at him.He wear the uniform,black jean and yes,his red sneaker.''So,you are the new staff?''I nod.''That's great.You can help me.I can help you.''He's grinning.I never see him so happy like this.'O f course,yeah.You never.You just only met him a few times.'I told myself.

   ''If you need anything,just call me okay?I'll be here.''He gives a smile.A smile that I will never forget.A smile on the first day we met.I nod and reply his smile.'Well,first day working?Not bad.'I thought.