Trains and awkward eye contacts

Strange thing love

Love really is a strange thing, because I found love in the strangest place. A train. Yes a train filled with hundreds of strangers going about their lives.

He was just one of those strangers until I saw him looking around anxiously with his earphones plugged in. He was wearing a jacket that were two sizes too big for him and skinny jeans that almost looked like they were painted on him. He was nothing spectacular, but there was something about him that made me want to talk to him.

I am the sort of person that does things just because I felt like it. So when it was almost like this force that was pulling me towards him to have a conversation with him, I didn’t hesitate. Also I wanted to know why he was so anxious so early in the morning.

I waved in front of his face because I assumed he couldn’t hear me due to his music. He looked up at me and that’s when I realized what all those cliché love stories go on and on about. It was like a lightning bolt struck my body, but before I could get lost in those brown eyes he looked down.

I was too shell shocked to even talk, but I could hear a soft voice talking to me, “D-did you want anything?” Oh gosh yes, yes I do – you.

“Would you like to go grab an ice-cream with me?” oh my good lord, can someone bury me somewhere deep down where no one can find me. Its ing 5 am on a cold winter morning, absolutely anyone would love to grab an ice cream so they can freeze to death. Way to go douche bag.

“I am so sorry, please don’t answer that. It was extremely stupid of me and I don’t know what took over me-”

“S-s-sure” yeah I know I deserve – wait sure? What did I just hear?

“I’m sorry?”

“y-you said you wanted to grab an ice-cream with me and I said yes we can, Minho-ssi” he answered without looking up or just completely avoiding any eye-contact.

 

                                                                                                ----

It has been three months since that fateful morning and we go to grab ice-cream every single day after he finishes his work. It turns out that he knew me quite well even before I stupidly asked him out for an ice-cream because he works as a dance instructor that my sister attends to and apparently he has seen me a few times and heard about me, as I am the “heart throb of all the girls and even some guys there” – his words not mine.

Throughout these three months if there is one thing I am constantly craving for it’s to look at his eyes. Yes eyes, not him , you erted people (although I would never be opposed to that idea either)

If there is one thing I noticed it is that he never looks people directly in the eyes while he is talking, no matter how much I try and today I am determined to stare at his eyes for at least half an hour. Yes, call me ambitious but I just HAVE to.

I am waiting outside his work place so I can pick him up for our date; yeah I grew some balls and asked him out a month ago. The shade of red his cheeks flushed when I had asked him was just too adorable and it was a struggle to not squeal like a fangirl.

Another thing I learnt about him is that he hates clichés. The complete opposite of me, I am such a er for clichés it’s painfully embarrassing. So I planned to take him out to a race track so he can drive around. Another thing, he has this immense love for driving and the day he loves me as much as he loves driving or if not more is the day I will be satisfied with myself.

We didn’t see each other on the train today because I drove to work so we can take my car to the race track. How does he make walking look so y and beautiful and cute is just beyond me, or it could just be my blinded love for him. Yes at this stage I am sure I love him.

“Hey babe, how was class today?” I ask him while I kiss his cheeks just so I can see his cheeks turn to the shade of strawberries and I also know that the nickname is probably setting his insides on fire. I have read his personal diary (of course I didn’t steal it and of course he didn't ban me from ever entering his room) and apparently his “insides feel like they are on fire every time he (I) calls him with cute nicknames”.

“I-it was good, just really tiring. So where are we going?” and he still won’t look me in the eyes for more than two seconds. Lee Taemin you are going to have to look me in the eyes for at least half an hour today.

“Oh you will see” and we just talked about mindless things on the way to our destination.

                                                                                                ----

“Oh my god Minho, it’s a race track. As in the one where I can drive around in my car at ridiculous speeds and no one would arrest me for it. As in I can drive at like 220kmph and no one would care. Oh my god Minho you are the best” and I am left to catch a handful of Lee Taemin. Honestly sometimes this boy makes me wonder if he has split personalities.

“Yes yes that’s exactly the place. Now do you want to drive around by yourself or do you want me with you?”

“Don’t be stupid honey, it’s a date of course you are coming with me” oh no you will be coming first.

“Alright then let’s go”

                                                                                                -----

We are sitting on the picnic mats under the night sky and “Minho that was the best thing I have ever done in my life. It was better than sky-diving Minho. Oh my god you are the absolute best” I cut him off with a kiss because seriously this boy can go on about one topic for hours when he is excited it’s ridiculous.

“Alright alright. Now that you have had the best thing in your life happen to you just now, I want mine too” and he is looking at my chin with his eyebrows furrowed and pouty lips giving me his confused face.

“Taemin look at me” oh gosh I almost forgot how beautiful his eyes are “Nuh-uh, don’t look down. Here is what I want; you are going to look at my eyes for half an hour today”

I almost laughed at how ridiculously panicky and worried his face looked.

“B-but Minho…..why would – why would you even want something so stupid?” oh my god is this stupid child blind or dumb or both?

“Taemin” I call him in a firm tone and he knows that he should just shut up and listen to me.

“Look you have no idea how I felt the first time I saw your eyes, it was like someone had struck me with a lightning bolt, except it didn’t hurt at all and all I wanted to do was stare at your eyes and get lost in them. It has been three months Taemin, why are you still so scared to look me in the eyes? It’s me baby, Minho. I thought I could hold this in and tell you when the time was right, but this is as good as any right time. Lee Taemin, I Choi Minho, loves you. I want nothing more than to look in your eyes every morning and every night before I go to bed and wake up. In fact just every second of the day, all I want is to look at your eyes” and he looks like he is on the verge of tears. What did I do? Did I go too far? Was that too quick?

Just as I was going to apologize I am cut off with a bruising kiss to my lips. What just happened? He is sobbing while he is kissing me and I don’t know how to take this.

“Oh my god, I love you too Minho. I love you too, so much it hurts” oh. Oh! So that’s what it was about.

“You have no idea how long I have been waiting to hear that from you. 2 years now Minho” isn’t my baby – wait what? “What?”

“Minho the first time I saw you, you were at an orphanage tutoring kids and handing out chocolates and that was the first time I felt something akin to admiration for you. The second time I saw you was when a girl was proposing to you and even when you told her you didn’t like her she kissed you, but instead of being angry at her, you just calmly pulled her off you and walked away, and that’s when I felt something akin to jealousy. You kept showing up in my life after that and every time I saw you I realized I was slowly falling for you even without realizing it and you weren’t even aware of my existence. So when I saw you on the same train as mine the day you talked to me, I was so nervous I thought I would throw up. When you talked to me and the first thing you did was ask me out for ice-cream I thought I was going to pass out” I cut him off before he can go on because he has tears streaming down his face and it’s awfully sweet and awfully painfully all at the same time. I am glad he has his eyes closed because I don’t think I can take it if his eyes  are b with tears.

How did I not see him all those times he had watched me is beyond me, but I will make up for all the times he fell for me even without me being there to catch him. I just want to to hold him and protect him from the world. 

“Taemin look at me. You still haven’t fulfilled my request you know” and he is blushing all shades of red and I am ashamed at how all I can think of his how those cheeks would look with sweat dripping down his forehead and neck while I ram myse- oh gosh I have to stop this before I get a hard on now.

“A-alright then” wait did he just- oh my god his eyes look even more ethereal with the moonlight falling on his face.

How long have we been staring at each other like this now? His gaze has turned into one of need and I don’t think I can control myself if I look any longer. Just when I am about to look away he holds my chin and leans down to kiss my lips rather roughly and “Don’t close your eyes hyung” he whispers in a low voice that reaches straight to my groin. Even if he asked me I don’t think my eyes could stay open any longer because Jesus Christ the look in his eyes is beyond belief.

 

Another thing I learnt about myself is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Taemin’s eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

I havent proof read this yet, so i will be doing that later. 

 

Comments = love <3 so comment away please :D