1st Shot

Miracles in December

Hey there!! Thank you for being so patient guys!! Here's the first shot so I hope you enjoy it. 

I have to add that English is not my first language so if you find any grammar mistakes or anything blame it on that hehehe.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up at the feel of a pair of lips brushing against my forehead. It was Jongin, how could it not be him? He’s the only one who can access my bedroom (and the whole apartment) without unlocking the door; he was leaning against the side of my bed.

“You know, I could get used to this” I let out a yawn and stretched under the covers of my bed.

He chuckled “I bet you will, just wait for some months and that’s not the only thing you will get used to”

I playfully hit his arm “Oppa!!” he always finds the way to make me blush.

I got up and got ready as fast as I could and headed out with Jongin to meet with the 11 derps.Next morning we were going to take a flight from Busan (where I moved 3 years ago to keep my dancing studies) to Seoul, my hometown.

 Ever since Jongin proposed me to marry him my parents got crazy and wanted to meet him, but it seems like everybody did because my parents planned a big engagement party and if you thought that was it, well, Jongin’s mom invited half Kim’s Corporation to the party as well, oh but that’s not it yet, our dear derpy friends also invited themselves to the party, actually, knowing that they were going  made me a little relieved because I was sure I would be out of my comfort zone with all those businessmen and people I hadn’t talked to in years around us.

“We’re here!” Jongin yelled as we got into the house he shared with the 11 guys. I could see their luggage everywhere around the house.

“I think they didn’t hear you” I pouted and he grinned.

“You look so cute when you pout!” he pecked my cheek making me blush.

“Ugh!” I heard someone say behind me; I turned around to find Kris looking at us in disgust.

“Hey, Kris! What’s up?” I greeted cheerfully.

“Well, you two being too cheesy” he said rolling his eyes.

“Come on hyung! Don’t be so rude on her” Jongin told him while holding my hand, my Jongin can be such a sweetheart ^^.

Kris sighed “Okay, you’re right…sorry Shimhye, It’s just that Suho and Xiumin are having a water versus snow fight in the bedroom and it annoying their childish attitude, so it makes me mad”

I shook my head “Don’t worry Kris, I honestly pity you in these kind of situations” I chuckled.

“Are you being sarcastic right now?” he glared at me “Tsk! Nevermind, in the end it’s not you who will have to deal with whom’s going to clean the mess” he shook his head in frustration and made his way to the kitchen.

Minutes later all of the guys came out of the bedroom where the “fight” was held laughing.

They greeted me and sat in the living room with me and Jongin.

“Noona, are you ready for the trip?” asked Sehun.

“Yes, and I can see that you all are too” I said referring to the luggage all over the place. He nodded as a grin spread all over his face.

“Okay, who’s going to clean that mess?” Kris asked as he walked towards us and pointed to their bedroom.

“What about Chanyeol hyung and Sehun?” said Jongin “Chanyeol can melt the ice and Sehun can dry”

“Aish! No, I’m not going to do that” both Chanyeol and Sehun complained.

“Good idea” Kris stated “That’s how it’s going to be then, you two go and clean that” he ordered the maknae and the happy virus. They did as Kris told them and went to the bedroom, if glares could kill, Jongin would’ve been killed twice.

After spending most of the day with Exo (as they used to call themselves) I decided to go home so Jongin took my hand and teleported us to my apartment.

“Finally by ourselves!” Jongin sighed and backhugged me really tight “I was dying to do this” he whispered in my ear.

I closed my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder “I don’t get how you all can live together, I mean, it’s crazy”

He chuckled “I know, but we like living together even though I will no longer live there once I marry you” he pecked my cheek  making my heart flutter.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck “Are you sad because of that?” I asked looking into his eyes.

“No, because I know that I’ll be moving where I belong, where I always wanted to be….with you” he pecked my nose and smiled.

“I love you Jongin, I don’t know what I would do without you” I said in all honesty.

“You’ll never be without me, we could be mad to death and even so I won’t leave your side” he leaned in to kiss me and I closed my eyes at the feel of his sweet lips brushing against mine. He cupped my face with one hand and wrapped the other around my waist taking me closer to him, breaking the space between us as the kiss deepened, I held him tighter as he sunk his tongue in my mouth and there time stopped.

We pulled away to gasp for air and he pulled me into a hug, I buried my face on his chest inhaling his sweet scent and he kissed the top of my head and caressed my hair.

“You have to go early to bed so let me get something for dinner before you go to sleep” he said as he pulled away from the hug, I just nodded as answer and there he disappeared.

I hadn’t been able to articulate a word after hearing such sweet words from his lips. He’s the kind of guys who’s a sweetheart but it’s hard for him to express his feelings in words, that’s what left me speechless, how those words came out of his mouth with no effort. It made me remember when I told my parents he proposed me, they didn’t agree at first because we’re so young but then he talked to them and they loved him with such an ease, and in the case of his mother, she never opposed, she was aware of how much we meant to each other.

“What are you thinking about?” I heard Jongin ask as he appeared in front of me with two bags on his hands.

I shook my head and grinned “Nothing…what did you bring?”

“You’ll die when you see it” he smirked.

After dinner I took a hot shower and went to bed, he stayed there beside me until I drift to sleep.

I woke up at the sound of my cellphone, it was Jongin.

“What?” I cried.

“Yah, stop complaining and get up, we’re going to be late” he said.

My eyes opened instantly and I got out of the bed “Where are you right now?”

“In your kitchen, making breakfast” he answered.

I hung up and checked the time, it was four in the morning, and the flight was at six “Omo!” I yelled to myself, I had to get ready as fast as I could. Once out of the shower I grabbed the clothes I had prepared the night before and put them on, after that I ran to the kitchen and found Jongin drinking a cup of coffee, I pecked his cheek from behind.

“Why didn’t you wake me up by yourself if you were here?” I asked as I grabbed my cup of coffee and a French toast.

“Good morning to you too babe” he smiled and I rolled my eyes “I was busy preparing breakfast” he answered.

“Wait, did you sleep here?” I asked when I saw his pajamas laying on my couch.

“I couldn’t sleep so I came here and as soon as soon as I laid beside you I fell asleep” he grinned and gave a look at his watch “It’s twenty to five! We better get going!” he stood up and I followed him giving a last bite to my toast.

We were the last getting to the airport, when we arrived the 11 derps had already checked in. When we got on the plane I smiled in excitement. For our luck, all of us got seats close to each other and so we took off.

***

After some time of flying, we finally landed and as soon as we did I got really nervous, I hadn’t been in Seoul since the day I moved to Busan so I didn’t know what to expect.

My mom picked us up at the airport. She knew how many we were so she got there with two vans. When I saw her I ran to hug her and we cried, then she saw Jongin, her eyes lighted.

“Is this Jongin?” she asked and I nodded grinning.

“Omo! Shimhye told me you were handsome but I didn’t believe her until now” she smiled and I could see his cheeks get slightly pink.

After introducing her to the 11derps we went to my house. It was just like I left it, it was a big house so the whole Exo could stay there and at first my father didn’t want me and Jongin under the same roof but my mom convinced him and he agreed. I hadn’t seen my dad yet because he was still working. When he got home I received him with a warm hug and the guys went downstairs to meet him.

When Jongin went to meet him my father’s face turned stiff and he gulped (wasn’t Jongin the one supposed to get nervous?). Maybe he was like that because he finally met the guy who pretended to marry his only daughter.

“It’s my pleasure to meet you” Jongin bowed. My dad just nodded and shook hands with him.

Two days passed, we all went to visit many places in those days and enjoyed a lot but my father’s stiff expression didn’t change at all. He seemed disturbed and had dark circles under his eyes so I thought it was because of work. The second night we went to a night club to dance (and the 11 derps to try their flirting skills). It had been a long time since I last went to a night club so I was excited actually.

We danced the whole night and when we got home I went to my bedroom to get ready to sleep and when I came out of my bathroom I found Jongin looking at the pictures hanging on my wall.

“I was so ugly then” I said and he turned around to face me.

He chuckled “You weren’t, even then, you looked beautiful” he said putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

I pecked his lips and held his hand taking him to my bed where he sat beside me.

“Sleep with me tonight, please” I pouted “Tomorrow’s our engagement party and I’m afraid my nerves won’t let me sleep”

“I think I don’t want to make your father hate me more, I don’t think it’s a good idea” he said.

“Oh come on! Pretty, pretty please” I pouted again.

He smiled and nodded “Arasso, but you’ll be responsible if your father kicks me out” he said as we laid down and cuddled. I just chuckled and after some minutes we fell asleep.

The next day my mom took the 11 derps to the hotel where the party was going to be held to help her with the preparations, so it was just me, Jongin and my father at home. Dad still had that depressing look in his face and seemed to be thoughtful.

“Dad, are you okay?” I asked him who was reading the newspaper while I was washing the dishes.

“Eh? Oh…Y-yes, why wouldn’t I?” he told me as I brought him out of his thoughts.

“Well, you’ve been acting weird ever since I got here…” I said.

He laughed awkwardly “N- no Shimhye, that’s nonsense…I’m alright”

“Mmm…Okay” I said a little doubtful.

The night came sooner than expected and all of us were ready to head to the party. When we got there everybody received me and Jongin with warm applauses, hugs from family members and greets and congratulations from everybody else (businessmen, friends of my parents and people I didn’t remember but still were there and I had to pretend to know them).

“Shimhye, Jongin!!” Jongin’s mom greeted us with a warm hug. I really loved that woman, she was so sweet and charming, always caring and being on control, I was so lucky to have her as my soon to be mother in law. She took Jongin for a while to meet some people I didn’t care about so I went to meet with Lay and Luhan who were talking.

Hours passed and I felt dead, this time everybody was sitting having dinner, and finally I realized how many people were there, I couldn’t count that huge amount of people. My parents and Jongin’s mom hadn’t met because his mom was really busy with all “her” guests, but then she decided to make a toast.

I saw my father gulp when he saw her standing on stage and drank his cup of wine in a shot.

“What the-“ I thought.

“I’m Jongin’s mom” Jongin’s mom said once she caught everyone’s attention “I can’t explain how happy I am that my Jongin found such a great girl, I still remember the day we met…” and so she gave a speech.

After the toast everyone went to the dance floor and Jongin took me to dance. We danced a lot, like really, a lot! When I felt tired I told Jongin that I was going to sit for a while. When I sat I saw my parents talking to Jongin’s mom, they finally met but somehow my cheerful soon to be an in law’s smile had disappeared, it seemed like my father’s expression was now not just in him but in her too. I was really confused, why on earth were they like that? I shook my head and convinced myself it was just me being crazy and stuff. Then, I looked back at where they used to be standing but there was none of them.

I spotted my mom talking to her friends but just her. I decided to get some fresh air to shake my thoughts off and when I got out I saw Jongin’s mom and dad in the lobby, their faces were red “Are they arguing?” I thought to myself and headed towards them.

“Is everything okay?” I asked them.

Dad sighed “Yes, Shimhye…everything’s alright” he said.

“He’s right darling, we’re just meeting each other” my once cheerful soon to be a mother in law assured me but I saw her fake a smile.

I may be dumb and all but it was obvious that something was going on, I just shook my head in annoyance and went somewhere else; I found a small park crossing the street and sat there. My thoughts didn’t leave me alone. Really? They just met each other and they’re already arguing!! Damn it! If they were going to be like that after I married Jongin then they would make a hell out of my life. I sighed in annoyance when I felt my cell vibrating in my hands, it was Jongin.

“Where’s my soon to be a wife?” he asked “Did you get bored of me already?”

I chuckled “I couldn’t even if I tried…I’m at a park, crossing the street” that was enough to have him appearing right in front of me.

“Why are you here alone? It’s freezing” he asked concerned.

I nodded “I’m just tired…can’t we just go home?” I said laying my head on his shoulder when he sat beside me.

He pecked my forehead “Yeah, let’s go…I’ll call your mom to tell her”

After he called mom and told her I was having a stomach ache so she wouldn’t kill us for leaving we went home and went to sleep right away with Jongin beside me. It was two in the morning, Jongin was sound asleep beside me; I woke up at the need of water so I went downstairs to drink some. I found dad sitting on the kitchen table with a cup of whisky between his hands and the empty bottle in the sink.

“Dad? Why are you still awake?” I asked as I grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

He sobbed “Oh darling…” he was drunk. He rarely gets drunk so it worried me to find him drunk and crying in the middle of the night, “Did he argue with mom?” I thought.

I sat beside thim and grabbed his hand “What’s wrong dad?” I asked but he couldn’t stop sobbing so I hugged him. “You can talk to me dad, tell me what’s bothering you” I said.

“Sh- Shim- Shimhye, I- I’m so s-sorry…Forgive me p- please” he pulled away and drank the rest of whisky in his cup.

“Why? Why dad? I don’t understand” I was more confused than before.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I know, It's a long chapter...Mianhae! The other one will be up by tonight^^