Medium

Sixth Sense

Taehyun flipped the page and read briefly. He has been in the library for almost 2 hours, trying to gather as much information about comatose patients. He jotted down some useful notes he could find. He was so into the books until he didn't realize Mina was already sitting in front of him. Mina smiled looking at him; she was moved by his behavior. 

"Hello, Nam Taehyun." Mina greeted him.

Taehyun raised his head and put down the pen in his hand. He smiled and stretches.

"How long have you been here?" Mina asked him.

Taehyun grinned and looks at his watch, "Around 2 hours?" 

Mina's eyes widen, "Really? Aigoo our Taehyun has suffered a lot then." She cutely said. She was sorry and happy at the same time.

Taehyun chuckled, "Yes, that's right." Taehyun pretended to be sick.

At the same time, a guy stood not to far from them observed Taehyun, "He's not crazy, isn't he?" He asked himself and walked away from the spot.

 

***

 

Taehyun and Mina chose to discuss in a closed cafe. They sat at the most hidden place in the cafe.

"After 2 hours suffering, I found these. All the info about a comatose patients, their stories, how they woke up and what they experienced after that." He placed the notes he gathered on the table. He folded his arms, feeling proud of himself.

Mina wow-ed him and picks the notes. "You'are amazing" She began to read one by one.

"From all the info I have found, I think in your situation, we need a medium." Taehyun explained.

"A medium..?" Mina asked.

"Yeap, a medium and I'm already a medium which is like a person who can talk to souls. But the thing is, we need to find a better medium that can solve your problem." Taehyun said as he sipped his coffee.

Mina nodded. "Where do we find a medium? Is it similar like a shaman..? Or fortune tellar thingy?" She asked again.

Taehyun put his left hand on his chin while he searches for the answer. "I think a medium is quite different from shaman and fortune tellar because a medium doesn't call for souls, they simply can see them without trying."

Mina nodded again and continued to read the notes.

"Actually, I have contacted a medium. People said he's good, but I don't know. It's worth a try, right?" Taehyun raised his eyebrows.

Mina just nods and smiles. She trusts him because she knew he would do the best for her. "When will we meet the medium?" She asked.

"The sooner is tomorrow. He can't promise about the date since he said he's really busy." Taehyun calmly said.

"Okay, I'll do what it takes." Mina assured him and smiled again.

 

***

 

Ring ring... ring ring.. ring ring..

Taehyun picked up his phone. "Hello?" He answered.

"Hello, is this Nam Taehyun-ssi? I'm Dr. Andrew Choi." The caller responded.

"Ah, yes this is Nam Taehyun speaking. Where are you right now, Doctor?" Taehyun replied.

"I'm almost near, I'll be there soon." He said.

"Okay Doctor. Just ask the waiter for the hidden seat in the cafe and you'll find me." Taehyun explained.

Taehyun felt very nervous because frankly, he has trust issues. He was about to reveal Mina which meant, he was about to reveal his ultimate secret that is to be able to talk with ghosts. He drank his coffee and rubs his hands together. 

Mina noticed him feeling nervous and can't help but felt the same. "Are you okay with this? I mean he's gonna find out your secret." She carefully asked him.

Taehyun looked at her and smiles to assure her. "Yeah, besides he'll understand."

Then, a man walked in. He was about as tall as Taehyun and he looked really charming.

"Hello. I'm Dr Andrew Choi." The man introduced himself and offers his hand.

Taehyun shooked his hand and bows. "I'm Nam Taehyun." He did the same.

"I thought it will be only two of us?" Andrew stared at Mina, feeling weird because she didn't introduce herself.

Taehyun's eyes widen and shock by his statement. He signaled Mina to stand up and so she did.

"Hello. I'm Choi Mina." She introduced herself and reluctantly offer her hand.

Andrew shooked her hand. "For now, just call me Andrew." 

Both of them nodded and all of them took their seat.

"So tell me about your problem, Taehyun-ssi. Do you need to see your special person's ghost or leave a message for them?" He asked.

"Just Taehyun. Actually, I have something to tell you." Taehyun hestitantly said.

"Okay, Taehyun. What is it?" Andrew comforted him.

"I can see ghost, just like you." Taehyun looked down; he was scared the doctor would judge him.

"Are you serious?" Andrew asked for confirmation. He knew they are others like him but he never had the chance to meet his 'kind'.

"Actually, Mina is a ghost. Or a soul. That's why she didn't stand up before. She is actually the one needed the help from you." Taehyun looked at Mina.

Andrew was shocked. "I didn't expect this at all. I mean, firstly, we're in public and what if someone saw you two speak? Then it'll seems like you're talking with yourself, right?" Andrew said.

"As I said before, she's still in coma state while her soul wanders around. We have a rule though, not to speak in front of other people. As long as we're away from other people's sight, we're fine with anywhere." Taehyun said.

"Ah.. I see. This is actually my first time hearing this case. Maybe because I lacked of experiences but I will do my best to help you." Andrew turned to Mina and took out of his recorder.

"I'm sorry but I need this to look up things so I can study about you and help you. I'm guessing, you want to wake up?" Andrew continued and asked her.

"Anything would do. Die or wake up. Any way to end my family's misery." Mina said sadly.

Taehyun immediately stared at her. He felt sadness in his heart, hearing that Mina was willing to end her life just to end her family's misery. He felt his heart shattered as she talked about it. He cannot find why he felt that way but he knew, he must help her, to wake up.

"So tell me how did this thing started." Andrew his recorder to start recording.

"I really didn't remember anything. What I remembered was that, I woke up and I heard my dad's voice so I followed. I called out my dad but he didn't respond so I looked for my mum and saw her cutting the apple. I walked towards her but I stopped when I realized I wasn't at home. I looked around and saw a figure on the bed. I slowly walked closer and saw something impossible. Me. I saw myself on the bed, lying unconscious. I didn't understand back then but I, somehow, has adapted to that situation. It was merely tormenting days for me. I don't know what to do and it hurts more to see my family feel sad. Sometimes, I hugged my mother while she sleeps. I just miss them so bad." Mina explained thoroughly. She felt sad just by thinking of it.

Taehyun patted her shoulder and smiled at her. Mina smiled back and looked down. Andrew turned off his recorder and kept it.

"So, what is your relationship? Andrew casually asked.

Taehyun and Mina looked at each other.

Ah... This is interesting. Andrew thought and smirked.

"We're just friends. I asked him for help and he agreed." Mina quickly covered.

Taehyun looked at her sadly. Andrew noticed him and just nodded to what Mina said.

I should knew about this. That I was nothing but a friend to her. Ouch... I just got friend zoned.