Warm

Sunbear Drabble Fest: 12 Days of Christmas

"It's cold," Youngbae said in his groggy morning voice as he snuggled closer to Teddy, whose eyes were fluttering open, blinded by the offensive ray of sun that snuck in through a crack in the blinds. 

 

"Yeah," Teddy sleepily replied as he wrapped his arm around Youngbae and turned his face to place a soft kiss to his temple. 

 

"What time is it?" Youngbae asked, not wanting to move his arms out from under the covers to check his phone.

 

"11:40," Teddy said, checking the time on the alarm clock. 

 

"Wow, I really slept in," Youngbae said with a hunt of guilt in his voice. 

 

"Babe, it's a Saturday. You're supposed to sleep in."

 

"Says the man who wakes up at 2:00 pm on the regular," Youngbae teased. 

 

Teddy let out a sleepy laugh and turned to kiss Youngbae's forehead. "What do you wanna do today?" he asked. 

 

"I don't know. I'm cold," he said cutely as he closed his eyes, getting back into his favorite sleeping position, head on Teddy's chest. 

 

"Let's take a shower and go somewhere. We can do some Christmas shopping," Teddy suggested. 

 

"Ooh and we can get that peppermint hot chocolate at that place you showed me last year," Youngbae said excitedly. 

 

"Okay, time to get up now then," Teddy said as he softly tapped Youngbae's . 

 

The younger man groaned and rolled over, "can you start the water?" he asked, voice muffled by the sheets. 

 

Teddy got up and made his way to the bathroom, Youngbae following a few minutes later when he saw steam emerging from the bathroom door. 

 

He quickly stripped and jumped into the shower, sighing in relief at how good the water felt on his skin. 

 

Teddy stepped in after him, pulling Youngbae close to his chest, letting the stream of water run over them both. Youngbae relaxed in his arms, letting out a loud sigh as Teddy rubbed his shoulders. He turned around and wrapped his arms around Teddy's waist, pressing kisses to his chest. 

 

Teddy reached for the bottle of shampoo, squeezing a bit of it on Youngbae’s head and started lathering it into his scalp, smiling when the younger man let out satisfied hums of pleasure, "that feels good."

 

He moved Youngbae's head forward into the stream of water to rinse the shampoo out and the younger man unknowingly had his mouth open, causing some of the soapy water to trail into his mouth. 

 

He spat out the water, coughing and choking at the taste. 

 

Teddy tried not to laugh as he apologized, "I'm sorry, baby boy. Here, let me help."

 

He grabbed the shower nozzle and gently rinsed Youngbae's mouth and the remaining shampoo that was in his hair. 

 

Youngbae apprehensively opened his eyes and blinked a few times to regain his vision, "you ," he said with an adorable pout. 

 

"I'm sorry, baby," Teddy said and then kissed his nose, moving down to his lips. 

 

Youngbae grabbed the shampoo bottle and squirted a huge amount in Teddy's hair, scrubbing it in and laughing at the amount of foam building up on Teddy's head.

 

Teddy grabbed some of the foam off his head and placed it on Youngbae’s face as if it were a beard.

 

They laughed and played around with the soap, throwing the foam on each other until the water washed it all away.

 

Neither of them wanted to get out of the warm shower, especially Youngbae who was holding Teddy from behind, face pressed lovingly into his back.

 

After they got out and wrapped themselves carelessly in their towels, they ran to their bedroom and dove directly into the warm pile of blankets.

 

Youngbae pulled Teddy close to him, nose rubbing gently into the soap scented skin of his neck; breath tickling him and lips leaving placid kisses behind.

 

They fell asleep, fingers interlaced and resting peacefully as their bodies shared warmth.

 

~  

 

Teddy woke up first, groggy and confused when he opened his eyes and saw Youngbae sleeping peacefully on his chest.

 

He turned to check the alarm clock on the nightstand. 3:52 p.m.

 

“Baby,” he said softly, almost in a whisper, as he tenderly rubbed Youngbae’s cheek.

 

The younger man’s face twitched before his eyes opened slowly, “mmm?”

 

“We slept all day,” he said, rolling playfully on top of Youngbae.

 

“So I guess that’s a no to the hot chocolate?,” he replied sleepily.

 

“We can still go. Let’s go out for dinner,” he suggested with a peck to Youngbae’s bare shoulder.

 

“Okay, and then can we decorate the apartment when we get back?” he asked excitedly, persuading Teddy by rubbing their noses together, “please, baby?”

 

“Yeah, but you tell me where to put all the stuff. You have a better eye for it.”

 

“Okay!” Youngbae exclaimed, tapping Teddy’s shoulder for him to get up.

 

Youngbae got dressed in his warmest gear: a long coat, gloves, a beanie, and a scarf that was long enough to wrap around him a million times. Teddy just decided to wear a hoodie under his hoodie for extra warmth.

 

“You’re gonna be cold, babe,” Youngbae said as he looked through a drawer, trying to find some winter accessories that Teddy wouldn’t refuse to wear.

 

“It’s okay, just hold my hand” he said with a cheesy smile.

 

“I’m not giving you my scarf, if that’s what you think,” Youngbae said playfully.

 

Teddy leaned down and moved the fabric of the scarf away from Youngbae’s mouth, placing a sweet kiss to his lips and then his nose, “you’re cute.”