Mistletoe

Sunbear Drabble Fest: 12 Days of Christmas

Chaerin loved Christmas. She remembered living in Paris and getting Chanel gift bags from her father every year from when she was a little girl to present day. She spoiled her friends with lavish gifts, impressing them with her money and taste.

 

She decided to throw a Christmas party at her apartment in Gangnam, inviting all of her international connections, in attempts to rub more elbows, along with her friends and labelmates.

 

“You’ll come, right oppa?” she came into the studio to ask Teddy one night, an eye smile forming on her heavily-lined eyes.

 

“Well… I don’t know—”

 

Her facial expression turned despondent for a quick second.

 

“Oh, come on oppa,” she said as she ran her hand along his shoulder, “I know you’ll have a good time,” she said with a catlike grin.

 

“Yeah, I guess I’ll go. It is for Christmas after all. See you there,” he said as he swiveled in his chair to face the booth.

 

“Ah, Youngbae oppa, I didn’t notice you there,” she let out a slightly embarrassed giggle, “but I guess I should have guessed you’d be here. The two of you spend every waking moment together.”

 

“I haven’t really noticed,” Teddy said to her, “try the second verse again,” he said to Youngbae who was standing in the booth, rubbing his hands together to keep warm.

 

“You’re invited too, Youngbae oppa! You’re coming, okay? The dress code is red and white,” she said before she exited the room with a click of her stilettos on the hallway floor.

 

“All her friends are gonna be there, pretending to like each other,” Teddy said to Youngbae.

 

“It can’t be that bad. There’ll be drinks so I think you’ll be fine,” he giggled.

 

“At least I’ll be able to eat Christmas cookies unlike you, Trainer Hwang’s masterpiece,” he teased.

 

“I’ll probably be busy making sure Jiyong doesn’t post stupid things on social media.”

 

“Best friend duty?”

 

“Something like that.”

 

“Let’s get back to work,” he smiled softly.

 

They spent a few more hours in the studio, and it was true what Teddy had told Chaerin. He hadn’t really noticed how much time he was spending with Youngbae, but he liked his company. It felt natural.

 

They went out to a café they frequented together. Youngbae always got a ham and swiss Panini and Teddy tore through two meatball subs and multiple cups of coffee, insisting that he pay because it was easier to put it all on one card.

 

The week went by quickly and they’d finished the song they’d been working on day and night for the past few weeks.

 

“Are you ready for that party tomorrow?” Youngbae asked Teddy as they both took a load off from recording and sat lethargically on the couch.

 

“Maybe, but I don’t know what to wear,” he said, mocking Jiyong’s voice.

 

Youngbae let out a loud cackle that made Teddy laugh. “You should wear that red leather jacket you have, it looks good on you and you rarely wear it,” he said after his laughter subsided.

 

“Yeah? I’ll wear a hoodie under it.”

 

“Of course,” Youngbae giggled. His laugh made Teddy’s stomach tingle, and he felt like a ridiculous schoolboy because of it.

 

Youngbae didn’t really like to go to parties. He enjoyed dancing and clubbing but the atmosphere at all the parties he’d been to in Chaerin’s apartment always felt so forged.

 

He decided he would pick Teddy up, since he was sure Teddy was going to be too inebriated to drive by the end of the night. Jiyong was probably going to an after party with Chaerin, and he could usually manage by himself so he wasn’t too worried.

 

Teddy entered first, hoping to make the rounds quickly and find a place to park himself and smoke until the night was over.

 

The apartment looked amazing. Bright, colorful lights adorning the staircase and the ceiling. The Christmas tree was breath taking, tall and adorned from top to bottom in beautifully crafted ornaments.

 

“Wow, Chaerin. The place looks amazing,” Youngbae said as he greeted her with a hug.

 

She was wearing a skin tight white latex dress with a red fur shawl and her signature thick eye makeup.

 

“Thank you, oppa! I love that red cardigan. Givenchy?,” she grinned, “where’s Teddy oppa?”

 

“Wherever the alcohol is,” he laughed.

 

“Do you want me to make you a drink?” she offered.

 

“I’m driving tonight,” he said as he shook his head.

 

“Ah, yes. Of course, you came together?” she asked.

 

He nodded. “Well, have fun!” she kissed him on the cheek and walked away to chat up her other guests.

 

Youngbae walked across the room to greet Jiyong, “Did you get a ride here?”

 

“Yeah, did you just get here? Where’s your boyfriend?” he teased.

 

“Teddy hyung isn’t my boyfriend, .”

 

“How’d you know who I was talking about?” he smiled slyly, “you two have been attached at the hip. I’m no idiot.”

 

“Whatever,” he laughed, “where’s that model you’re seeing?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know. I stopped calling her last week.”

 

“Jiyong—”

 

“Not tonight, okay mom?” he said as Yanggeng handed him a shot of soju.

 

Youngbae walked around the apartment, admiring the decorations and craving a mug of hot chocolate as his eyes grazed over all the lights that reminded him of Christmas when he was still young enough to get gifts from Santa. He felt the Christmas cheer well up in his chest. He’d bought his parents a new car and his brother a rolex watch and he couldn’t wait to give them their gifts.

 

He ran into Teddy, who was standing by the staircase looking miserable, his white hoodie over his head and his red leather jacket zipped all the way up.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Grinch?” he giggled and playfully poked Teddy’s shoulder.

 

“I think my heart shrunk two sizes,” he played along.

 

Youngbae let out a warm laugh that melted the scowl off Teddy’s face.

 

“Chaerin’s been busy all night,” he changed the subject.

 

“Yeah, she had me pinned to her arm as she introduced me to all of her friends. I don’t think I’ve faked so many smiles in one single period of time before. I need a smoke.”

 

“You really are the Grinch,” Youngbae laughed.

 

“Not when I’m with you, apparently,” he said as he realized he was smiling.

 

A leggy girl in a white mini dress and seven inch red heels was coming down the stairs, probably intoxicated seeing as she spilled her drink right on Teddy’s boots when she clumsily made it to the bottom.

 

“,” he sighed as he made his way to the bathroom, the girl apologizing incessantly to Youngbae in the background.

 

Youngbae walked through the narrow corridor that led to the bathroom, which was at the back of the apartment, separated from all the noise of the party.

 

“How bad is it?” he asked Teddy.

 

“Not that bad, they didn’t get wet on the inside,” he said while wiping the boot in his hand with a wash cloth. He bent down to put his shoes back on and tie the laces.

 

“Ah, good. We can get back to the party,” Youngbae said as he turned to exit the bathroom.

 

Teddy grabbed his wrist, holding him back. “Wait,” he said.

 

Youngbae turned around, “yeah?”

 

“I’m feeling the Christmas spirit all of a sudden,” he said with a cheeky grin.

 

Youngbe was confused, but he humored him, “oh, yeah? How come?”

 

Teddy looked up at the mistletoe hanging on the doorway which was most likely put there as a joke, seeing as it was hung on the entrance to the bathroom, and suggestively looked back down at Youngbae; eyes examining his plump and pink lips.

 

Youngbae giggled nervously, shaking his head as he looked up at Teddy, “how many drinks have you had tonight?” he asked.

 

“Only one. But I’m serious,” he said as he stepped closer to Youngbae.

 

The younger man blushed slightly at their proximity, eyes wide and expectant when Teddy placed his hands on Youngbae’s waist and pulled him closer.

 

“Can I kiss you?” he asked softly.

 

Youngbae nodded slightly, heart pounding so hard that he could feel it in his eardrums.

 

Teddy moved his hands to Youngbae’s face, locking their lips in a kiss that made Youngbae’s ears hot.

 

They kissed slowly, and Youngbae’s fingertips went numb. He felt like he was having a particularly good dream, the way his lips felt against the elder’s.

 

Teddy deepened the kisses, locking their lips with conviction, slipping his tongue past Youngbae’s lips and placing his hands at the small of his back, moving down slowly to rub over his round .

 

He pulled them into the bathroom, closing the door and pressing Youngbae against it, leaning down to kiss him again.

 

Youngbae kissed back with enthusiasm, sending shivers down Teddy’s spine. He let out soft satisfied hums of pleasure as Teddy skillfully bit at his lower lip.

 

Teddy was so overwhelmed; Youngbae’s lips were soft and had a slight berry taste from his favorite lip balm. He was afraid he couldn’t control himself if he continued, but Youngbae brought his hands up to caress his neck and pull him closer.

 

Teddy let his hands roam on Youngbae’s back, feeling his shoulder blades and moving down to the curve of his waist.

 

Suddenly, Teddy lifted Youngbae up and onto the bathroom sink counter, knocking over the soaps and lotions that had been resting on top of it. Youngbae let out a surprised yelp, smiling into Teddy’s mouth as they continued to kiss.

 

Teddy wanted to rip Youngbae’s shirt off and kiss him all over, make him moan his name. But it was the wrong place, the wrong time. He stopped and retreated, both of them breathless and panting as their eyes locked.

 

“Should we get out of here?” Teddy asked.

 

“I don’t know…” Youngbae started, “this is all so—”

 

“Yeah,” Teddy interrupted, “it is. Do you wanna come to my apartment?” he asked with another small kiss to Youngbae’s lips.

 

“I don’t know if I’m ready for that…” he said nervously, blood rushing to his head.

 

“We can just make out,” Teddy said bluntly.

 

Youngbae laughed, “you have such a way with words.”

 

“So is that a yes?”

 

Youngbae smiled ily and placed a kiss to the corner of Teddy’s lips, grabbing him by the hand and leading them out of the hallway.