Baekhyun。

Miracles in December - xmas oneshots

"Yah, where were you!" Soojin shouted the moment Baekhyun appeared in front of her. "You were late for an hour." She glared. It was needless to say that Soojin was beyond pissed. It was normal for her to be late occasionally because, well, she's a girl. But Baekhyun was never late. And for him to be late for an hour was like some new record in their years of friendship.

"Sorry, something cropped up at home and I wasn't able to come out till I settled it. I'm really sorry." He pouted and held her hands, swinging it left and right. She was a er for his aegyo, and her anger disappeared almost immediately. 

"Aish, I hate you and your aegyo." She scrunched up her nose. 

"And I love you." Baekhyun chuckled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah. You and your sweet-talk." She scowled as they began walking. "The least you could do was answer my calls or at least reply my texts. Do you know how worried I was?" 

Baekhyun bit his lip. "Sorry, I couldn’t find my phone anywhere, don’t know where I threw it.” He smiled sheepishly and Soojin just sighed. 

The surprise was meant to be a surprise, so he couldn't say it out, no matter what. 

"Forget it. At least you're here. Let's go!" 

 

 

It was a day before Baekhyun’s birthday and being his best friend, Soojin wanted to celebrate with him like what they do every year.

She knew him since they were in diapers, and his mom helped the delivery of Soojin as well. So needless to say, both families were good friends.

There was a point of time where she had a passing crush on him – it was during high school and boy did puberty do wondrous things to that boy.

His voice became lower, making him sound more manly than the previous squeaky voice he had; his height shot up as fast as a rocket, jumping from 1.54m – which was Soojin’s height – to 1.74m. Now, Soojin had to look up to talk to him.

His facial features were generally the same, but girls started to like him more after he joined the basketball team. But even with all the girls around him, he still remained friends with Soojin. Of course, jealous es will always be jealous es, and Soojin learnt not to let them – or anyone – to affect her friendship with Baekhyun.

After being friends for so long, of course Baekhyun had seen Soojin not as just a brother but as a girl. But this wasn’t a childhood crush that would pass by in a month or two; Baekhyun really fell for her.

But of course our dear Soojin doesn’t know that.

 

 

They planned a day out at the amusement park since the last time they went was 2 years ago. After getting the tickets, Soojin excitedly bounced through the entrance. “Let’s go on that first!” She pointed to the Viking and pulled Baekhyun along.

It was as if it was Soojin’s birthday outing instead of his but he didn’t mind; as long as she’s happy, he’s happy, too.

They played the teacup after that, followed by the log flume before deciding to grab lunch.

“Let’s try that last!” Soojin pointed to the big, scary roller coaster while eating a stick of cotton candy and Baekhyun gulped.

Everytime they went to the amusement parks her favorite ride would be the roller coaster. He was okay with roller coasters – no phobia or anything – but this roller coaster at this new amusement park takes everything to a whole new level.

It has two 360degree turns and the fall was nearing 90 degrees. Baekhyun would be glad if he doesn’t lose his head riding that.

Apparently the closing time for the roller coaster ride was earlier than the other rides, they decided to try that before lunch instead.

As they were waiting for their turn, Baekhyun kept fidgeting around, and Soojin was just calmly checking her phone and occasionally asking him a few questions.

She finally tore her eyes away from replying her friends to notice Baekhyun kept taking deep breaths and moving about. “Are you okay?” She asked. “If you’re not comfortable with this we can just go have lunch now. Let’s go.” She grabbed his hand and prepared to pull him out when he pulled her back.

“It’s okay. It’s just a coaster. And I’m not scared! Just… a little shaken by the fall.” He gulped and closed his eyes.

It was finally their turn and Baekhyun took a deep breath while waiting for the next one to come in so they could board it. It’s just a coaster! Just be a man and it up! He told himself.

The train finally came back, and Soojin went in first, followed by Baekhyun. After fastening their seatbelts, he clutched onto the handles as tight as he could until Soojin’s hand found his. He held her hand and looked at her, which was quite hard as the seatbelt was blocking his view.

“Frankly, I’m scared of the fall as well.” She confessed and Baekhyun gripped on her hand even tighter.

“It’ll be fun, since we’re enjoying it together.” He encouraged. Weird, how he was scared like 5 minutes ago and now he’s the one calming Soojin down instead of the other way round.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. We’re starting… now!” the announcer said and pushed a button, which started the train moving.

And for the whole ride, they were holding hands, enjoying it to the fullest because it was with each other.

 

 

 

After lunch, they decided to tone things down a bit. 

There was a safari there and they took the rest of the time looking at animals. 

"Oh! Look at that monkey!" Soojin pointed to the monkey that was swinging from branch to branch. "It looks like you!" 

Baekyun laughed and tried to be angry, but failed. "What?" He said, the laughter evident in his voice. "You look like that!" He pointed to the baboons that were right next to the monkeys’ section and Soojin laughed. 

"I do not have a red like you!" She rebuked and just like that, they spent the rest of the day teasing each other and enjoying every moment together. 

 

It was getting close to 10pm and Soojin decided it was time to go home, although her parents wouldn't mind her staying out late if it was with Baekhyun. 

"Wait, before we go home, let's go one more place." Baekhyun smiled secretively and Soojin raised an eyebrow. 

"You know, it's your birthday and everything but why do I feel like I can't trust you?" 

"If you can't trust me, who can you trust?" Baekhyun shrugged and grabbed her hands, pulling her to the bus stop. 

"Which bus are we taking?" She asked curiously as she saw an incoming bus. 

"18." Baekyun replied and walked towards the front of the bus stop where the bus was stopping. "Come on, let's go." Soojin just followed curiously, not wanting to ask the birthday boy anything more. 

 

They got off at the park 5 blocks down their houses and Soojin looked around, rubbing her hands against her arms. 

Baekyun wordlessly took off his jacket and put it around her shoulders and her shocked expression changed into a smiling one. "Aw, what a gentleman.” She grinned. “Thanks, but won't you be cold?" 

"I'll be fine." Baekhyun waved it off. "I dragged you here anyway." He started pulling her towards the surprise he prepared and she just followed. 

"Where are we going, exactly?" She finally couldn't take it anymore and asked. 

"You'll see," was all he replied and they continued walking around the park till they reached the middle, where trees surrounded them. 

"Stay here, and don't move!" He stationed her in front of the biggest tree and went away. 

She rubbed her hands together and blew air into them. Even with an extra layer on her she still felt cold; she wondered how did Baekhyun manage to feel okay. 

After what seemed like an hour (which was really only 5 minutes), Baekhyun came back panting. 

"Are you okay?" Soojin asked concernedly and he nodded. 

"Yeah." He paused to catch his breath and looked at Soojin in the eyes, making her clear and look away. 

"Wh-where did you go? Don't tell me you came here just to pee at some random tree." Soojin jokingly said and Baekhyun just laughed. 

"Look up," he pointed upwards and Soojin followed the direction he was pointing at. 

Her jaw dropped when she noticed the lights that resembled twinkling snow blinking slowly all around. When she was busy admiring the view, a necklace dropped in front of her eyes from Baekhyun's hands, snapping her back to reality. 

"Every year no matter how much you pester me to tell you my wish, I would never say anything. But this year, I'm hoping it would finally come true." Soojin gulped, her heart beating fast inside her. She had an idea where this was going and she wasn't sure if the feeling she felt was anticipation or nervousness. 

"Han Soojin, you're like the piece of puzzle that completes me, and I want to keep you by my side forever. Not as my best friend or a brother or even a sister, but as a girl that I love. Will you be willing to give me a chance to show that I love you and finally see me as a guy and not just your friend?" 

Soojin's heart literally exploded in her and she pounced on Baekhyun almost immediately and automatically. 

He almost lost his footing and he tumbled back a few steps, chuckling. "So is that a yes or a no?" 

"Yes, it's a yes." She mumbled against his shoulders as her lips curled up into a permanent smile. 

Baekhyun's face mimicked hers, and when they pulled back, the smiles only got wider, if that was even possible. 

"I'm glad you said yes because I wouldn't know what to do if you said no." Baekhyun confessed. 

"What are you going to do if I said yes anyway?" Soojin asked and he gave a sly grin. 

"This," He leaned in and gave her lips a quick peck, leaving Soojin in shock.

“Hey!” her hands flew up to her lips. “That was my first kiss…” She murmured but Baekhyun managed to catch it.

“Seriously?” He grinned. “We seem to do a lot of firsts for a lot of things. First friend, first amusement park ride, first birthday,” he listed and gazed down at her again. “And first kiss.” He kissed her again, slowly and passionately this time, and she kissed him back.

When they pulled back, they couldn’t help the smiles that seem to be carved permanently on their faces. Soojin’s phone beeped as the notice of Baekhyun’s birthday popped up and she noticed that it was midnight already.

“Happy birthday,” She hugged his waist. “I hope you enjoyed today.”

“This was definitely the best birthday celebration with you ever.” He confirmed and they just enjoyed each other’s embrace under the beautiful view.

 

~~~~~

I hope this was okay!! kinda at this now idekw ;w; as you can see my progress is very slow so I doubt I can finish by christmas, but i'll try my best!!