Final

❄ Miracles in December ❄

(Jonghyun)

I was hurting. Badly. I was hoping to really ask Jessica out after the fake date, so we could really be a couple, but it hurt so badly when  saw her kissing the other guy. He was taller than me. Handsomer than me. And Jessica... The way she kissed him was real.

Not fake, like our relationship.

"Hey guys, Jessica had to go home early," I said, sitting down regretfully. 

"Aww, that's too bad," Krystal said. "She seemed nice. And I want to be... Closer to her. Can I have her number?" 

"Yeah, sure. But I just found out that she's a bit... Two-faced," I said, giving my phone to Krystal. She shrugged and transferred Jessica's phone number.

Even though Minho was dancing like an idiot because he was drunk, I couldn't smile.

 

(Jessica)

I ran to a cab and went to the hotel as soon as I could, collapsing on the bed and crying, I didn't care about the makeup smudging on the sheets, and I didn't care about my hair becoming messed up.

I cried and cried and cried. So I really was just nothing to Jonghyun. I had never felt pain like this in my entire life. Then I realized... If I was going through this many emotions, then the weather must be...

I looked outside my window and saw... White. White was everywhere. A huge snow storm was occurring and icy snow and hail swirled around and fell from the sky. Cars were getting into accidents, things were breaking and I could barely see the outside.

What had I done?

Why had I even tried love? I should have known that it would only end up in a disaster. I tried calming down but the storm continued outside. I needed to control myself... I needed to be calm for the weather to stay normal... I needed to stop thinking about Jonghyun.

But the more I tried forgetting, the more frustrated I became and the worse the snow storm became.

The truth was, I wanted to be Jonghyun's girlfriend. I wanted to love him.

"Ice Princess..." a voice said. I looked up, seeing Onew. Ugh... Onew was one of the spirits on the Ice Counsel. He was also ssomeone who kept me and Kris under control.

"Onew... I know, I messed up, but... B-but..." I stuttered,more tears coming out of my eyes. 

"Ice Princess, let's get you clean first," Onew said, using his magic to clear my face of the smudges. "I've already taken care of the Ice Prince... He was... A mess. Golly, I told him never to drink like that!"

"Onew, how can I stop it?" I asked.

"The snow storm? You need to calm down and-"

"No, not the storm outside. The storm inside of me. The pain. How do I stop the pain?" I said, crying even more.

 

(Jonghyun)

What was wrong? Ever since Jessica had ran out, a huge snow storm came out of nowhere... But I wanted to find her. I decided to follow her, and ran out of the club just in time to see Jessica jump into a taxi. I called a taxi myself and asked to follow Jessica's cab, and when I reached a hotel that she went into, I continued to follow her. 

I was standing in front of her door. I gathered my courage and knocked. After what seemed forever, Jessica opened the door. She must have cleared up her face because it still looked amazing, it didn't have a single smudge of makeup.

"Wh-why are you here?" she asked, her voice shaky and her eyes red.

"I... I don't really know, actually. I just felt like I had to follow you," I said honestly. 

"Jonghyun... If you give me a chance to say everything... I... I know that the kiss was wrong. And that's weird because we're not even dating, so its not considered cheating. And that's weird because we only met a day ago. What's not weird is that I love you. I really do. And if you're willing to... Then..." Jessica muttered.

And then I kissed her. I just did. I held her in my arms and our lips met for a long, meaningful kiss.

"Jonghyun, I-"

"Wasn't that kiss a lot better than the one you had with the other guy?" I asked jokingly. But she nodded and smiled brightly. Then I saw outside that the storm had stopped. All hail had ceased suddenly. Instead, romantic, light, snowflakes fell in the winter night.

"Will you go out with me?" I asked her.

"Yes. Oh my god, yes! Yes, Jonghyun!" she squealed, jumping up and down and hugging me tightly. I smiled widely and hugged her back. This was what a miracle was.

A miracle was something absolutely amazing and blissful after a hardship or misunderstanding.

A miracle was a kiss after a storm.

A miracle in December was meeting Jessica.