Losing One, Gaining Another

A Heart Can Only Love One

It has been a week since that accident. And Hyuna Noona had been visiting Teen Top’s dorm more frequently now, for some reason. Not that anyone was affected by it. Well, ok, maybe except L.Joe. He knew his feelings were slowly getting obvious, as he hurried away when he saw Changjo raising his eyebrow at him when the rapper was stuttering over his words as Hyuna had greeted him with a hug from the back.

 

Chunji hadn’t been observing much, as his head had been filled with other thoughts. Tomorrow was Byung Hun’s birthday! And he was still deciding over what kind of cake he shall bake for his lover. He did promise the man he would. Indulged in his own opinions, he was never once suspicious over L.Joe’s awkward attitude that week.

 

Waking up on his birthday morning, L.Joe groaned when he felt the empty spot beside him. Where is Chunji? Dragging himself into the kitchen, he was greeted with showers of birthday wishes from Teen Top, receiving hugs and a not-so-soft pat on the back from C.A.P. However, Chunji was still nowhere to be seen.

 

“Where’s Chunji?” Byunghun’s uttered his first sentence of the day. Ricky jumped onto his seat at the dining table as Niel poured Byunghun a cup of milk, “He said he had a date with an old friend of his, and had already left.”

 

What?

 

Had Chunji completely forgot about his birthday?

 

L.Joe couldn’t help but feel betrayed and angry. How could his lover forget his birthday?! As L.Joe gulped down his milk grumpily, not noticing the small smirks exchanged between the members, the sound of the doorbell got Byunghun up on his feet and headed towards the door to see who was up so early at their dorm.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYUNGHUNNIE!~” Hyuna flung herself onto the stunned pink hair boy the moment the rapper opened the door, as the duo toppled onto the floor. The rest of the group rushed out upon hearing the loud thud in the living room.

 

“Hyuna Noona, you are here again! YAH L.Joe why is your face so red?!” Niel teased before getting whacked on the head by Minsoo. L.Joe smiled for the first time that morning, returning the hug as they regained their composure from the floor.

 

As each of the members left the house for their schedules, L.Joe and Hyuna were the only ones left alone in the house. It was nerve-wrecking, having to sit beside his Noona on the couch, and currently watching a romance movie that just had to be the only thing interesting to watch on the television.

 

“Hey…. Byung Hun…” L.Joe jerked his head towards his sunbae, flushing immediately at the call of his name. “Are you okay?? Why are you so red?” Hyuna smiled sweetly as she the boy’s cheek, whose eyes widened even more at the sudden intimacy.

 

“I-it’s hot today…” L.Joe muttered as he moved away from the hand. Hyuna smiled as she stood up, suggesting that they should head to the bedroom then so that they could enjoy the air conditioner. Byunghun agreed and lead the way towards his and Chunji’s shared room.

 

Suddenly, feeling his hand get pulled back and a nervous call out of his name, L.Joe’s coherent thoughts flew out of his head as he felt lips on his own. Hyuna was kissing him. He didn’t know what he was doing, WHY he was doing it… L.Joe didn’t push Hyuna away, he didn’t stop her at all…

 

He was kissing back.

 

Chunji giggled as he stared at the chocolate cake that lay in the box he was holding, with the icing spelling out: “HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYUNGHUN!♥”. After spending half a day using his friend’s kitchen, the cake he promised to bake popped out perfectly. Closing the lid of the box in satisfaction, Chunji dug out his keys as he opened the dorm door softly, afraid to spoil the surprise for L.Joe whom he knew had no schedule for the day.

 

As he stepped into the living room, he heard soft muffled voices and a loud collision against the wall. Surprised at the sudden sounds, Chunji made his way towards the source of noise, turning around at the hallway.

 

“Hunnie, is that y- ”

 

As the scene the vocalist saw in front of him settled into his mind, Chunji gasped out loud as he dropped the box he held in his hands onto the floor, both his trembling hands flying over to cover his mouth.

 

No… No… NO!!! THIS CAN’T BE!!!

 

L.Joe, who had pushed Hyuna against wall, broke the kiss the moment he heard the loud crash to the floor, and turning to look at the commotion, L.Joe thought he died inside.

 

In front of him stood Chunji, his mouth covered by his hands, and tears falling uncontrollably down his cheeks. And on the floor, lay a smashed white box, now stained with chocolate pieces, yet the words of icing could still be made out…

 

No… No way…

 

In the next second, Chunji was out of his sight as he heard the door slam. Ready to rush out after his lover, he felt himself get pulled back.

 

“Please Byunghun… Can’t we be together? I love you… and I know you love me.” L.Joe looked back at Hyuna’s pleading eyes, the grip on his arm tightened.

 

L.Joe didn’t pull away. He stood still. L.Joe felt Hyuna wrapped her arms around him, clearly happy that she was accepted. But all Byunghun could think about, even though his arms had slowly started to go around the lady in front of him…

 

Was the heartbroken face he last saw on Chunji.

 

TBC...

 

A/N: Angst chapter.... and more angst from now on. Brace yourselves, readers!