Tearful day,she's not here.

She's not here.

She was everything that he needed.He couldn't asked for more.They had been friends since 3rd grade,she was there when he peed in his pants and he was there when she period for the first.To make it simple,she was his bestfriend and he was her bestfriend.They always been in the same class every grade,sitting side by side.Always together to sleep and chatted in the class.He grown from a boy with derp face and weird ears to the boy with baby-face and husky voice.Meanwhile Jaekyung grown up from the ugly duckling to the beautiful swan.She will whine,complaining how can he grown up so tall.She felt like a midget when stood beside him,then he will lower himself so his bestfriend won't feel offend by him.He treasured her so much,she treasured him so much.They even had a pinky-promise that they will get marry each other when they get older.

But in 7th grade,she got herself a boyfriend.His bestfriend,Byun Baekhyun.Sadly,he fell on her that time.So hard till' it hurts.He was nothing compare to him.Baekhyun got a great soothing voice while him got a deep and husky voice.He wouldn't even try to sing because he knew how bad was it.Being a good bestfriend,he will happy if she's happy and he can saw that in her eyes.She was madly inlove with Baekhyun,her eyes will shape into cresent whenever she was around him.When she fought with Baekhyun,he was there trying to solve their love argument eventhough he can aggravate about him to her but he didn't because he knew how much she loved him and how important was Baekhyun for her.He didn't be the one that rip her heart apart,little he knew his heart was ripped off.

"How can he leave me Yeol ?" That were everything she said all the time when Baekhyun passed away.She looked like her soul was out from her body.She looked lifeless,tired and sorrowful.Everynight she will listen to her ipod.Listened to the song that Baekhhyun composed and sang for her.Then her eyes were b in tears and she cry her eye out,untill she fell asleep."Take care of her buddy,I know you love her."That were the last words from Baekhyun when his body was pooled in blood.He got struck by a car when he was crossing the road to meet Jaekyung at the cafe across the street.He can saw Jaekyung infont of the cafe,waving her hands with smile on her face.That's mean he died infront of her.Right infont of her face.Her beautiful face was smeared from Baekhyun's blood when he tried to say sorry for leaving her,his hand carresed her cheeks and told him to promise that she will never cry because of him.But she broke that promise.She cried everynight.

And Chanyeol will be there calming her,persuading her and singing her lullaby until she fell asleep.She was having a mental breakdown.Finally after five months,she started to accept the truth,that Baekhyun will never back again.She's back.Chanyeol got her bestfriend back.They continued their life.Jaekyung was much better than before but there will be times when she suddenly cried,remembering Baekhyun.But the next morning she will become the bubbly girl that he loved.Now they were in their last year in university.

"I love you." Finally after years of waiting Chanyeol got his courage to confess about his feelings to Jaekyung.So there he was,sitting infront of her in their usual hang out place.Jaekyung was in daze,she never imagine that Chanyeol had feelings for her.They were childhood bestfriend for heaven's sake ! Well,maybe the rumours that she heard were true ; If a boy was bestfriend with you,one day he will love you.

"Yeol,I don't know."

"No,it's okay." Chanyeol said but Jaekyung can saw the sadness that hinted by his eyes.She felt sorry for him,he always there for him.To be honest she still inlove with Baekhyun but a try wouldn't hurt you right ? Chanyeol did deserve a chance."Seriously Yeol,I don't know.But we can try." She said and looked Chanyeol.His eyes were b in tears,he hugged Jaekyung."I'll make you the happiest girl in the world." He whispered.Jaekyung just nodded her head."Don't cry you big baby." Jaekyung said and hugged him back.Chanyeol did keep his words,she was the happiest girl in the world.Her day will start with silly messages from Chanyeol and she just laughed at how cute him can be.Their dates were amazing,Chanyeol was indeed a perfect boyfriend.

"Yeol." She poked his cheeks.Chanyeol's head was on her lap,they were watching their Friday's night movie in her house.He just hummed in response."I want to give you something.Wait a minute." Jaekyung said and ran upstairs.Chanyeol just watched her running away,she's back with a teddy bear in her hand."What is it jagiya ?" Jaekyung blushed at the nickname."That's cheesy Yeol.",she handed the teddy bear at him."Take it.",Chanyeol gaped at her.

"That was sweet of you but a man doesn't get a bear for present jagi." She sulked and stomped her foot.Chanyeol can't stand seeing his girlfriend sulking,resulting on the teddy bear was him now."Here,I'll take it.Okay ?" He said and pecked her lips.Jaekyung just smiled at Chanyeol,she never initiated any skinships or kisses,it was always Chanyeol.She started to love Chanyeol,started to move on from Baekhyun."I love you,sleep tight." Chanyeol said and kissed her temple.He went to his house which was beside Jaekyung house.She was left dumbfounded,not aware of surrounding.This was Chanyeol umpteenth time of saying I love you but she said nothing.

She's good when it's come to express the feelings.Even with Baekhyun,she will say it numerously.But Chanyeol,she sighed and went inside her house.It's not like she didn't love Chanyeol,she did love him.Indeed the feeling were blooming,threatening for escaping from her heart.The problem was Chanyeol was her bestfriend before became her boyfriend and she's uncomfortable with it.It made her felt guilt,plus Chanyeol never said anything about that."I love you Chanyeol." She said,knowing that Chanyeol won't hear it.

Today was his birthday but he ended up strolling at Hongdae alone,Jaekyung said she got things to do.Lately,she wasn't with him that often and her face was always pale but she said she just didn't gey enough sleep.He entered a ring shop,his eyes stopped at a certain ring.Then he noticed that they didn't have couple things.He was about to buy that ring for Jaekyung and smiling imagined that her finger wouldn't bare enymore.Chanyeol didn't buy one for him because he wasn't the type that wore accessories but he had a cap from Jaekyung which he got for his sixteenth birthday,he treasured it alot.As much as Luhan treasured his bed.He laughed at his silly hyung."Thank you.Please come again.",the cashier bowed and gave him the change.He took the bag and went out from the shop.Jaekyung wasn't there on his birthday but she gave him a present,a teddy bear.An exact teddy bear that she gave previously.To be honest,he got it eveyday.Chanyeol will find a teddy bear at his doorstep every morning with a sticky note.Every single note had an alphabet on it and he wrote down the date he received he got it so he can boast to his kids about his first love.

"Isn't that Jaekyung ?",there she was,sitting in a cafe.She was meeting someone but Chanyeol can't see the person infront of her.Jaekyung got a big smile on her face,the smile that Chanyeol never got to make it occurs after Baekhyun's death but that person was cappable of doing so.He felt like someone just stepped on his face to see another man made his girl smiling widely.He felt a pang in the heart when he saw the man grabbed Jaekyung's hand on the table and looked at her,her head was hanging down.Then that man caressed her cheek using his another hand and Jaekyung was smiling.Can't bear looking at them anymore,Chanyeol walked away from the place.

"I should know from start that she will never love me,an idiot that loves her ever sin--"Chanyeol cried and punched the mirror,it's broke into pieces.He didn't care his bleeding hand,continued punching the mirror.He looked at all teddy bears that Jaekyung gave her,he broke down again.Why did he fell in love with her in first place ? "I guess bestfriend will never become a lover,all those dramas are fake.There's no such love like that." Chanyeol mumbled,he wiped his tears when he heard his doorbell rang."Yeol,are you at home ? Open the door,faster.",his love's voice.She was down,Jaekyung was down and Chanyeol didn't know how to face her.He cleaned up the mess and hopped down,he opened the door and Jaekyung smiled at her.She had grocery bags in her hands."Help me Yeol,it's heavy.I want to cook for you since it's your birthday kiddo." Chanyeol helped her,seriously he didn't understand her.She was giddy eventhough she's cheated on him.But he didn't want his birthday become his break-up day,guess he should bear it for a while.

"There you go master !" Jaekyung beamed as she put the last dish on the table after having a war in the kitchen.Chanyeol couldn't helped but smiled when he saw Jaekyung in the apron.To be honest,Jaekyung wasn't the type of girl that fond of cooking,she rather spend her money on food than cook for it.Somehow,he felt special to receive such treatment but then how can she cheated on him,Chanyeol faked a smile."How sweet of you ! You should cook for me oftenly." He cooed and started to dig in,Jaekyung pulled herself a chair and sat infront of Chanyeol,she waited for his response.She was happy to see Chanyeol ate the food,even Baekhyun didn't get to eat her cooks."It's scrumptious !" Chanyeol did a thumbs up and beamed.

"Told you,I should open a restaurant." Jaekyung boasted and started eating.They were having a nice time that night,Chanyeol almost forgot that she cheated on him but a part of him said that she wouldn't cheat on him.Chanyeol helped her did the dishes and Jaekyung was flipping over the channel in the living room.Chanyeol wiped his hands and walked out from the kitchen but all he saw was nothing,Jaekyung wasn't there.There's a note on the table with teddy bear.

to ; the mighty Yeol

Hey yeol,I neet to get home really quick :( Don't cry okay ? Here is a bear from me,just think it as me !

 

He crumpled the paper furiously,anger washed over him."So she can't wait for me,she don't want him to wait for her.",he scoffed and threw the bear across the room,he really needed to confront Jaekyung or he was going to break down.That night,Chanyeol was crying his eyes out,he was dumd for having a hope,false hope.He didn't get out from his room for few days,he wasn't reply on Jaekyung texts too.And Jaekyung will come every day and night,punched his doorbell,knocking his door but he restrained himself from walking and open that damn door and she leave teddy bears eveyday on his doorstep.But Chanyeol was enough of it,how long will she pretend like she loved him,nope scratch that,she didn't say that she love him,not even once.How can he be so dumb,she was hinting all the time.Chanyeol scoffed and reached for his phone.

to ; Jaekyung

Let's meet,usual place.

 

Chanyeol was preparing himself after Jaekyung replied an 'okay',he arrived at the cafe first."She don't has an effort to see me.",he glanced at his watch and Jaekyung was late for thirty minutes.He sipped his latte and looked outside the window,that was when he saw Jaeyung got out from a car,with the same man he saw few days ago.He smiled bitterly upon seeing it.He was going to let her go,she deserved a chance to get her own happiness."Let's break up.",finally that words came out from his mouth after practising over and over infront of the mirror,thhis sound like joke when his favourite was ten minutes from breakup by Jung Joonyoung and now he faced with it and needed to deal with it.

"Are you serious ? But why ?" Jaekyung said after silenced for about ten minutes,she wanted to cry but she wanted to look strong infront of the man that she loved."Don't act like you don't know miss.",she flinched when he adressed her in formal way,she wanted to yell and punch,then tell him how much she loves him,but she couldn't."I don't,really.",Chanyeol rolled his eyes and snapped."You have been cheating on me,for how months already ? Are I'm not good enough for you ?!",he snapped and Jaekyung can felt the stares to them,perhaps because Chanyeol's voice was too loud.

"Damn it Chanyeol,I never cheat on you,I'm not that stupid !" 

"Yes you are.You are stupid because I saw you with him on my birthday,my birthday !" He emphasized the word 'birthday',then the puzzle fell onto it's places,Jaekyung remember now but she didn't cheat on him.

"Listen Yeol --- "

"Don't say my name ! I don't want my name to come out from that filty mouth of yours.You gave the smile that you never give to me,why am I so dumb,I should know that we are meant to be friends,only friends." He mumbled and looked at her,it's hurts to see the girl that he loved broke into tears.Her make-up was smudged but she was still pretty in Chanyeol's eyes.He exhaled and grabbed Jaekyung's hand,her eyes were in hope,hoping Chanyeol will take back every words that he said but the opposite what was happened."Let's just break-up,I'll get over you and you get to be with him.I love you but you don't seem the same,I guess I'll be more happy when I see you happy with him.",Jaekyung wanted to find loves in Chanyeol eyes but all she saw was hatred,she flinched.She sighed and fake a smile.

"I guess that's the cue,thanks for giving me your love and I appreciate it but I love---",she couldn't finished her words because Chanyeol stood up and walked away from his seat,Jaekyung broke into tears."He really hates me now but he will be fine,this will be easier for him.",Jaekyung walked to the car that waited for her.Joonmyeon saw that her cousin was drenched in tears but he knew that he better didn't in her love life."Just tell him Jae,he deserve to know it.",he spoke and looked at Jaekyung.She shooked her head.

"No,I don't want him to know that I'm going to die soon,I don't want him to be sad.",she said and looked outside.There she saw a couple giggling,cuddling,how she wished that she and Chanyeol will be like that but it's only a wish,wish won't happen.She lost her contact with Chanyeol,he changed his phone number and he even moved out,leaving Jaekyung broke down.She didn't know where's the boy that treat her like she was fragile,that will break into pieces when fall.Nonetheless,she still put teddy bears infront of Chanyeol old doorstep,believing that he will came back,which he did.

"What is this ?",he picked up the teddy bears.Then,the it twinged him.Jaekyung,it was from Jaekyung and it had been a while since their break-up.He wondered did Jaekyung was happy or she just like him ? "She must be happy,stupid.",he scoffed remembering why they broke up in first place.He entered his old house and took all his belongings that he leave behind and Jaekyung's teddy bears.He glanced at her house,there's no sign of living creature there.The landlord approached Chanyeol,"So you have get everything in the house ?",Chanyeol nodded his head but he kept glancing at Jaekyung's house."The girl stop renting the house,she should stop when she barely get home.",the landlord said.So she live at that guy's house.

"What you mean by that ?",Chanyeol couldn't helped but asked."Poor girl,hospital is her second house now.Don't you know she was diagnosed with stage three brain cancer ?",Chanyeol felt like someone just stomped on him and stabbed his heart.He shooked the landlord's shoulders violently,"Which hospital ?! Tell me !"

"Gangnam Hospital." 

With that,he speeded his car to the hospital,he didn't stop at the traffic lights and even almost got to hit someone.He ran to receiptionist.

"Which room is Lee Jaekyung in ?!"

"Room 340."

Everything crashed when he arrived in that room,all he can saw were Mrs.Lee cried her eyes out,shooked a body and the same man that he believed he was cheated with.He dragged his foot into the room,and he saw a body lying peacefully on the bed.He can't believed it,he fell on his knees and cried."Tell me,please tell me this is just a dream.",he slapped his face repeatedly and ran to Jaekyung's dead body.She was bald but she always pretty on Chanyeol's eyes.

"I'm sorry for losing faith in you.I don't care if you cheat on me,just wake up please.",he begged as more tears rolled over his face.

 

 

He regretted it so much that he can changed it with his own death but then what can he do ? He was sitting in his room,watching Jaekyung's last gift for him,a video.

And there was his angel smiling at him,waving her tiny hands."Hi Yeol,miss me ? Because I miss you so much,that I want run to you but I can do nothing.",she said as a tears slipped from her eye.She wiped it,"By the time you watch this,maybe I'm gone.If not,I'll come to you and cook for you okay ?"

"How I wish you still alive.",he mumbled.

"I'm sorry Yeol and I love you.I'm sorry that I can't tell you sooner,want to know something ? Count all those teddy bears until the date of your birthday."

Chanyeol ran and searched at those teddy bears,he counted it and he cried again."143,one hundred and forty three.I love you.",he hugged the 143th bear and damped it with his tears,he felt so ed up.How can he been so cruel,not knowing what his girl up for.Having a battle for her life but all he did was creaming,yelling and accusing her.He punched the play button and Jaekyung's figure started moving again.

"You have count it ? I love you,I'm sorry that I can't tell you sooner.I just want you to know that I love you more than my love for Baekhyun,don't tell him okay ? Oh my god,I'm such an idiot for crying.",she wiped her tears that started to flow out from her eyes."Yeol,I'm so sorry and I mean it for not telling you.I'm having brain cancer,I'm bald from all these s treatments,I can't never be cure.",she took off her wig and faked a smile."See ? I'm bald,gosh I'm so hiddeous."

"No,You always beautiful in my eyes.No matter how bald are you.",Chanyeol spoked and smiled."Promise me something please ? Live a happy life and don't cry,promise me.Don't cry unless you are very happy.I'll watching you from the up,I love you,I love you,I just love you so much.",Chanyeol can saw her overflow tears,and he cried too.He wanted to fullfill Jaekyung's wish,she wanted to decorate the Christmas tree in their own house.She was gone on Christmas Eve,leaving Chanyeol celebrated Christmas by himself.He broke the promise,he cried.