No Strings Attached 9

NO STRINGS ATTACHED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Argh,” Jiyeon grunted, accidentally slicing off the tip of her index finger. Blood started dripping through her fingers onto the countertop. She quickly tore off a sheet from the paper towel dispenser and clasped it tightly around the wound. The paper towel quickly turned red. Sighing in exasperation, she wiped droplets of blood on the table. Thoughts of Eunjung flew into her mind once again. Two days had passed and she hadn’t heard any word from her. Even her unnies didn’t have any idea where she was and just told her not to overreact. She wanted to call Eunmama but that looked like the exact of opposite of not overreacting. Eunjung was missing in action and yet she couldn’t bring herself to get angry at her. She was worried. She was worried because she didn’t know where on Earth she was but ultimately she was worried about the unknown. Why the hell was she worried for? She thought.

After a few moments, the doorbell rang repeatedly, which startled her. She rushed to the front door and opened it. Her eyes widened to see who was behind the door.

“Hey.”

“Eunjung!” She screamed in delight and hugged her tightly. “I was so worried about you!” She pulled away from the hug and looked at Eunjung up and down, “Where did you go?”

A frail smile registered on Eunjung’s face as she lightly caressed her face, “C-can I come in?”

“Of course.” she said as she opened the door widely and let Eunjung step in. Jiyeon followed her, shutting the door behind them. Once again, an odd feeling she couldn’t explain struck her not to mention that Eunjung doorbelled which was very unusual. Jiyeon followed her as she watched her walked towards the living room and sat down on the couch.

“Have you eaten dinner yet?” she asked, standing in front of her.

“Um, I won’t be staying for long,” Eunjung said, her hands started to fidget. “I’ve something to tell you.”

Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows in slight confusion, “Okay?”

“Hold on,” Eunjung said. “Is that blood on your shirt?” Eunjung quickly stood up and looked closely at her shirt.

“Oh, I accidentally cut my finger. But it’s nothing. I get clumsy sometimes, you know.”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. This is obviously not nothing.” she said, examining her finger.

Setting up a first-aid box on the table, Eunjung brought out a tube of antiseptic ointment and a band-aid. She squeezed some and carefully rubbed it onto the cut.

“How did you get this?”

“I was chopping some veggies and then boom.”

“You should be careful next time. Or better yet, don’t cook. We both know you’re not good at it.”

“Whatever.”

“Remember when you invited me for a dinner and we had this pollock stew? Honestly, it was so salty and hardly edible.” Eunjung bantered.

Jiyeon sneered, “But you ate it anyway.”

“Uh-huh,” Eunjung grunted, putting the band-aid over the cut.

“Um, I’ll cook a beef stew next time. Anyhow, what is it that we need to talk about? I was so worried about you. I barely slept for two days. Where did you go?”?”

Eunjung paused then brought back the stuff into the first-aid box and let out a heavy sigh. “I just needed some time to think about things.”

“Things?”

Eunjung suddenly pulled Jiyeon into a hug, squeezing her tightly.

“What’s wrong?” Jiyeon said, hugging her back. “

Instead of answering, Eunjung hugged her tighter. They remained in that position for two minutes until Eunjung pulled out of the hug, and said, “I’m sorry.”

“Okay?” Jiyeon sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter