All that was lost

The Promise of Tomorrow

I can see now.

I smiled like I have never smiled before. I stretched my arms to the side and felt the breeze touching me, welcoming me back to this place where I really belong. I can see Light again. I can see the Sun. And now I can feel everything except the cold floor I was with for years. I breathed in and closed my eyes; I could feel the warm kiss of Light on me. Finally, I can say I am happy.

“Turn around,” I heard Today speak. Out of surprise I did what he said.

I saw an open window. “Come inside,”

“Today?” I searched around for his face but he was not there.

“Just go inside, Flicker. Everything is fine, you are safe. I am here, always am.”

And with that I gained courage to stand up on this roof and run to the window. I slipped but quickly stood up and slowly went inside.

I smell something quite familiar. A scent that made me stop on my tracks. Suddenly a series of bright pictures appeared in my mind.

In these pictures I saw myself walking from my bed to the table and holding a bottle of liquid. I held it near my sniffer and smelled the liquid inside. I can smell it, like it was really happening right now - curious. After that I smiled and looked out the window, expecting something or maybe someone. Then it ended and I was back in the present.

“Today,” I called.

“Yes?” He answered.

“Where are you?”

“Behind you,” He said. I turned around.

“Not there,” I turned again. He laughed. “No, wrong way.”

“Today.” I raised my voice. “Where are you?”

“I’m in the air, Flicker.” He said with a playful tone.

I looked up expecting to see the milked-skinned man hovering in the air like a spark. He laughed again, “No, not there.”

“Today!” I shouted. “Where are you? I need answers, now!”

“Okay, Flicker.” He sighed. “I was just playing with you. I thought you needed to smile now that you are back as you again.”

“Today.” I said coldly.

“Look in the mirror.”

I did as he said and I finally saw him again, standing right behind me. I looked back but there was no one.

“Curious.” I said as I waved my hand to where Today was supposed to be standing. I returned my attention to the mirror. “Did you see what I just saw with the scent bottle?”

“Scent bottle? This one?” He said. I saw him in the mirror pick up the same bottle as the one in the pictures in my mind.

My eyes widened. “Yes, that!” I wanted to hold it but I noticed there was nothing on the table, or in the space where the mirror shows he was holding it.

“Flicker,” He called. He placed his hand on my shoulder, I could feel it but I can’t see anything on where his hand was supposed to be. “That was just a mere memory of some insignificant time. Focus to what is happening now, focus on today.”

I knew he was right, I trust Today more than anyone. I nodded.

“Now, do you know what this place is?”

“No…” I said, scanning the whole room.

“Well, this was yours. But now it is again.”

And as he said that, memories in full color came flashing into my mind finding their rightful place. Now I knew I spent most of my time here, every day. I knew this was my house and that I had two people who loved me very much and they kissed and hugged me so many times. I call the woman Ma and the old man Pa, they were my parents. I remembered people older than me always come here to visit because I do not go out like they do and I call them my friends. I knew I don’t go to school because I hate other people but I knew I was happy the way I am and the way my life is.

I knew what to do for the first time. I opened the door and shouted, “Ma, Pa I’m home!”

I went down the stairs as fast as I can and searched the whole place for my parents. I went in the kitchen because Ma always hangs in there, cooking, I checked the bathroom for Pa, I knew he would be there fixing something I probably broke. But there was no one. The only thing I can hear is my heavy breathing and the clock ticking.

“Today,” I called. “Are they… gone?” I heard my heart shatter into pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


a/n:

Hi :] This is my 2nd try at fanfics and i'm going for fantasy. just sharing haha

Please take a few minutes to check out my first fanfic : "What Happens in SM, Stays in SM" exo's there :3 thankseu