Page 17 (Note Taking part 3)

Vehement Brightness! [Hiatus]

 

 
 
 

 Page 17

Hi guys, before you read, I just wanna say this chapter is full of nonsense (>_<) hahaha, i'm really sorry I just went with this one cuz I thought I'd write something a bit weird for once ^_^

 

ENJOY!

 

____________________________________________

 

“You were asking for it, so here it is.”

“Feed me.”

 

At that time, Ji Yeon was too overwhelmed to activate her poker face—she turned bright red as her eyes almost fell off their sockets. She quickly looked away from the Baekhyun lying down on her lap. Quite clearly, Baekhyun was red too… this was the most embarrassing thing he had ever done so far in his life. Why was he even doing this again? Oh right—for a sad Ji Yeon (-_-). He can never resist wanting to make up with anyone who was upset with him—this was a characteristic he developed ever since childhood.

 

“Could you just hurry up and get it over with please? I’m starving (-_-) And I don’t want your mom to suddenly come in and see us looking so ridiculous.”

“Then just get off! I said I don’t care!”

“Well missy, fact is you did care! (-_-) And you were freaking disappointed too! So now, just shove them cookies or chips or whatever into my mouth, to put an end to this! (-_-)”

“Ok, fine!”

 

Ji yeon stretched her arm to reach the plate of cookies on the table. She took one cookie and fed Baekhyun, her face getting hotter by the minute. The thought of actually doing this… only couples do this kind of thing, right? Well, surely if this guy was Chan Yeol it would be all too natural to do stuff like this, since Chan Yeol was practically her brother. But doing this with Baekhyun,… just felt so… so… EMBARASSING! There was no other word to substitute the feeling!

Ji Yeon’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted when she noticed Baekhyun’s widened eyes as he was chewing the cookie.

 

“O-oppa? Is something the matter?”

“The cookie… this was home-made right? By your omma?”

“Yeah; that’s right. So?”

 

“THIS. IS. THE. BEST. COOKIE. I’VE. EVER. TASTED. (0_0)”

“I mean like, it’s so totally mouth-watering! The sweetness and crunchiness all just right! Seriously, for the win! (>_<) I think I’ve reached the state of enlightenment or something! (^_^) Give me another! Another!”

“…Uh…”

 

Still confused and shocked with what was going on, Ji Yeon cocked one of her brows as she hesitantly fed the excited Baekhyun another cookie. She knew her omma’s cookies were great, but they weren’t that great. Something was up.

 

“H-how is it Oppa?”

 

“…”

 

“I’m flying with the flavor (0_0)”

“What??”

“(^_^) another please! Another! The flavor and I have become good friends.”

“Wait a second; you’re acting a bit-”

“(-_-) another,another,another,another,another,another,ano-”

“Alright; sheesh! (-_-)”

 

Even more hesitant than before because of Baekhyun’s illogical statements, Ji yeon fed Baekhyun another cookie. She was really starting to get worried; what’s all this about flying and making friends with the flavor? (-_-) 

 

Baekhyun happily chews the cookie and swallows.

 

“O-Oppa? Um… what are your thoughts about the cookie now?”

 

And, with all the rainbows, sparkles and unicorns in the world, Baekhyun answered with the largest pair of twinkling eyes…

 

“(0_0) MAGICAL~~ The cookie... her crunchy exterior, her sweet taste and her magical power to melt in my mouth (0_0) IT’S MAGIC I TELL YOU! MAGIC! HOW DID SHE DO THAT!? FROM SOLID TO LIQUID!”

 

Right then and there, Ji Yeon knew she was talking to a deranged loony; apparently cookies are now female, and melting of food due to saliva was caused by magic (-_-).

 

“More more! Another cookie please~”

“No—you’re starting to sound crazy Oppa (-_-). I’m convinced that something’s wrong with you.”

“Huh?? But-”

“No buts; you’re completely bonkers (-_-) … I think I’ll call Sehun to ask about this.”

“(sticks his tongue out) (-_-) Yeonie’s being a party pooper. Pooper! Pooper!”

“At least I’m not ‘flying with the flavor’ (-_-).”

 

Baekhyun pouts at Ji Yeon, giving it all the aegyo he’s got in the hopes of receiving another cookie. He was so totally cute that Ji Yeon thought she might explode of redness, but she remained calm and called Sehun. Hopefully, since the maknae (youngest) always seems to be with Baekhyun, he can shed some light on the subject.

 

*RING RING*

 

“Yobeoseyo? (hello?)”

“Hi Sehun! (^_^) This is Ji Yeon Noona.”

“Oh Noona! What’s the matter? You’ve never called before; is it an emergency?”

“Well… does Baekhyun Oppa + cookies = emergency?”

“WHAT!? (0_0) You had hyung eat cookies!?”

“Why!? Why!? (0_0) what’s the matter?”

“(face palms) hyung goes into a different world when he eats cookies (-_-) I’m not entirely sure why he’s like that, but yeah—he loses all sense of logic and becomes childish; all he’ll talk about for the rest of the day is the wonder of the delicious cookie he ate. His statements get so ridiculous, you’d think he’s retarded or autistic.”

“Actually, he knows that he’s not supposed to eat cookies, but sometimes he forgets. So now that you know Noona, please take note and remind him whenever necessary. Don’t worry, when he’s in his right mind he won’t eat cookies; he only becomes childish after he’s had a taste. The quickest way to get him back to normal is by letting him drink water. Then you could wait for about 15-20 minutes. If he’s still asking for a cookie, make him drink more water and wait again. Repeat procedure until patient has been brought back to reality (^_^)”

“(sighs in relief) Thanks so much Sehun! That helps a lot! I didn’t know how I would survive with this crazy guy (-_-). He called me a ‘pooper’ for cry it out loud! ”

“(chuckles) Please forgive him Noona (>_<); his brain isn’t functioning correctly right now, hahaha. Baek hyung is really funny at times. Actually, I sometimes use this opportunity to make him say hilarious things (>_<). Why don’t you try it? He’ll do anything for more cookies. Have fun with childish hyung! My only warning is don’t make him do something too ridiculous—he might get mad at you when he returns to normal (^_^) bye Noona~ make sure to tell me all about it tomorrow~”

“Sure Sehunnie (^_^) Bye~”

 

The call with Sehun ended.

 Ji yeon didn’t really have the habit of making fun of others… but this was a rare sight to behold (^_^), and so she thought about what funny thing she would have Baekhyun do before giving him water to cure his illogical-ness.

 

“Oppa, you want one more cookie right? (^_^)”

“(0_0) COOKIE~~ COOKIE~~”

“Please sing the ‘I’m a little tea pot’ song and the ‘Itsy bitsy spider’ song (^_^) I will give you an extra cookie if you dance as well.”

“That’s all? (>_<) Gosh Yeonie; I can do that with my eyes closed! Watch me! Watch me!”

 

‘I’m a little tea pot, short and stout’

‘here is my handle, here is my spout…’

 

‘The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout’

‘down came the rain and washed the spider out…’

 

Baekhyun really sang the song with matching dance steps—Ji yeon felt like she was watching a pre-schooler doing some booty work, and kept laughing during the whole performance. It looked like Baekhyun was taking the whole thing seriously; he even had facial expressions! Ji yeon just seriously couldn’t breathe from laughing too much; especially since Baek felt bad about washing the spider away. She was having so much fun, she had him sing the gwiyomi song too. Baekhyun will probably kill her when he comes back to reality, but until then, she’ll just enjoy this priceless moment.

 

*CLAP CLAP*

 

“Baekhyunnie Oppa! (^_^) Aigu (geez); you did so well! So cute!”

“I know right? I did really well right? (^_^) Yey~~ gimme them cookies!”

“Here you go.”

 

As soon as Baekhyun got a hold of the 2 cookies, he again took his position lying down on Ji Yeon’s lap, grinning widely as he ate the cookies. Boy, did he ever look like a baby that day! Ji yeon just couldn’t help herself—she played with Baekhyun’s hair by messing it up then fixing it again. She repeated this numerous times because Baekhyun got annoyed of her touching his hair, which was absolutely adorable. She even tickled him a bit, causing him to giggle like such a cutie. Eventually, of course Baekhyun got thirsty. So Ji Yeon knew it was time to end her fun and bring back the normal Baekhyun. She had Baekhyun drink water twice, after which he started yawning then later, fell asleep still on Ji Yeon’s lap. Ji Yeon combed his hair with her fingers, smiling at him as if he was her own child or something. She was about to give him a kiss on the cheek, when she suddenly remembered that he was not a kid—he was Byun Baekhyun, a friend of hers that was older than her. Ji yeon blushed remembering that the guy wasn’t in pre-school, and that she almost kissed him. But after seeing such a cute side of the dude, it’s pretty hard to not want to pinch him or cuddle him or squeeze him. Ji yeon simply controlled herself and went back to combing Baekhyun’s hair with her fingers… somehow, this childish side of him was attractive— he was just bursting with aegyo… and also, his mature side… how he was a bit playful but apologized and even helped her punish him—not to mention he was a math whiz with amazing teaching skills. He was a both innocent and playful… childish and mature… Ji Yeon knew… that he really was her ideal type.

20 minutes later Baekhyun woke up. Still half-asleep, he tried to open his eyes. When he did, he noticed he was still lying on Ji Yeon’s lap. This caused him to wake up fully and to sit up, blushing like an apple. When he turned to look at Ji Yeon, it seems like she had fallen asleep, resting her back against the wall. Baekhyun tried to recall what happened—he then remembered that he ate a cookie which resulted to various illogical lines, and finally to his wonderful pre-school rendition of “I’m a little teapot” and “Itsy Bitsy Spider”; plus his very own version of the gwiyomi song. Face palming again and again, he reprimanded himself for being stupid enough to forget that he turns weird whenever he eats cookies. But… he also blushes for a while remembering how Ji yeon gently combed his hair with her fingers and tickled him. HE IS SO DEAD IF CHAN YEOL EVER FINDS OUT (-_-)… but that aside…

 

 

her touch was quite warm… and being in her care actually felt kind of nice…

 

Baekhyun immediately slapped himself for having such thoughts. He slapped himself a bit too hard, causing him to wince in pain and Ji yeon to wake up because of the sound of the slap.

 

 

“Oh, (rubs her eyes) Oppa; you’re awake now. Are you normal again?”

“Yep; thanks for making fun of me (-_-) (blush)”

“Ahahaha! (>_<) Yeah.”

 

Ji Yeon notices how Baekhyun’s cheeks turned red at that moment—his features were really pretty for a guy. She felt herself get flushed too, as she remembered how she combed his hair and tickled him… wondering if he also remembered… “OMIGOSH if he ever did (>_<),” she thought to herself. But as Ji Yeon looked closer, Baek’s right cheek wasn’t just red because of blushing—it was really red!

 

“Oppa, what happened to your cheek? Did something hit it or what?”

“(0_0) oh, this? It’s nothing really… (looks away) there’s nothing to it.”

“Oh… ok.”

“By the way… guess you had fun with the illogical me, didn’t you? You made me sing kid songs (-_-)”

“Hahaha (>_<) Yeh; priceless Baek moments.”

“(scoffs) oh yeah? Who was the one playing with my hair and tickling me?”

“(0_0) (blush)… um… well.”

 

There it was again, the playful side of Baekhyun. He looked at her with devious eyes and a smirk on his face—as if saying that although he made a fool out of himself, Ji Yeon too had done the same. she tried to avoid his gaze by looking away, but he sat in front of her, cocking his head to the side while flashing that same evil smile.

 

“Ji Yeonnie, you like me don’t you?”

“WHAT!? (blush) OF COURSE NOT! JUST BECAUSE YOU ACT LIKE A BABY ONE MINUTE, THEN TALK MATURELY THE SECOND, YOU THINK I’D LIKE YOU? NOOOOO WAAAY; GO TAKE A HIKE! (-_-)”

 

This reaction had Baekhyun laughing out loud. He gently pats Ji Yeon’s head.

 

“Yes, yes (^_^). Ahahaha. You’re seriously too much fun Yeonnie. I’m sorry for teasing you again, ok? But I warn you, every tutoring session with me might end up as crazy as this (>_<). Are you sure about having me as your math tutor?”

“…Yes (blush)… even though you can be annoying… Oppa apologizes right away, and you’re also fun… and can teach well… so, please don’t decline the offer.”

“Of course (^_^) (starts messing up Ji Yeon’s hair, until her eyes were completely covered) Glad that you still want a crazy guy like me as your tutor. Well, I suppose this much is enough for one day; I’ll head home now (^_^). If you have any questions at all, you can tell me in class tomorrow. Or, you can text me too—here’s my number.”

 

Baekhyun writes down his number on a piece of paper, not knowing that Ji Yeon was silently being excited about exchanging cellphone numbers.

 

“Ok, here you go Yeonnie (^_^) Just text me later and I’ll save your number then. Alright?”

“Yup.”

 

Baekhyun packs his book and notebook in his bag, without noticing the sudden loneliness Ji Yeon felt at the thought of him going home… she knew it now… now, she knew…

…what she was really feeling inside, for the first time—so crystal clear…

 

Baekhyun greeted Ji Yeon’s mother good bye and thanked her for the snacks. Ji Yeon escorted Baekhyun out the door.

 

Outside the house…

 

“Ok Ji Yeonnie (^_^) This much is enough. (waves) bye bye.”

“um…”

 

She pulled Baekhyun in a hug, and quickly let go—just looking on the ground…

 

“T-thank you for today. See you in class tomorrow; I’ll make you proud by doing well in the test…”

 

Ji Yeon just couldn’t look at him in the eyes… she was saying all this as she looked at her feet, face completely red and warm. She felt Baekhyun pat her head.

 

“Yup; make me proud (^_^) I’ll be praying for your success tonight!”

 

Baekhyun walked away, and Ji Yeon finally raised her head as she watched him getting farther and farther.

 

 

Ji Yeon’s notes:

  1. Baekhyun Oppa’s mature side—playful, but apologizes and wants to make up; good at teaching math. Even though he’s known as the “baby-faced sweety,” looks like there’s a side of him that the fans don’t know about.
  2. Baekhyun Oppa’s childish side—even though he knows he can’t eat cookies, he sometimes forgets. He turns into a preschooler addicted to cookies the moment he gets a taste.
  3. Is he really my ideal type? Confirmed.
  4. I’ve fallen for Baekhyun Oppa.

 

Baekhyun’s notes:

  1. I’m in trouble… Ji Yeon seems to have taken a liking to me.