Ch 15

This isn't me. (My new life)

The air was cold and everything was dim. A warm arm was wrapped around my waist. I opened my eyes, blinking a couple times to get focus. When I did, I notice a big screen tv and a glass table filled with bottles of alcohol. I turned my head, my cheeks sticking to the leather. I felt a warm chest against my back. I turned my entire body around not caring if I woke up whoever was beside me. I face the figure and smiled. Kai and I must've fell asleep after talking for hours last night. 

I picked up my phone and checked the time. My eyes widened. 11:30. I quickly stood up, Kai's arm falling off my waist. He woke up. He lifted his head with his eyes half open. "Haneul?" I scurried around the room to find my shoes. The club was empty and dark. 

"Yah. I'm late for school." I opened the door and rushed out. "Thanks Kai." I quickly ran down the stairs while putting on my shoes. "Wait!" I reached the last step and put on my cardigan. Kai caught my arm and stopped me from running out of the building. "Let me give you a ride home." I agreed without hesitation. 

 

"What's the point in going to school now if you already missed your morning classes?" He asked as we entered my house. I ran into the into my room to grab fresh clothes and then into my washroom. "Cause!" I yelled. I the water and quickly rinsed off the sweat and smell of alcohol off me. It was only a three minute shower but it helped. I quickly dried my body and put on my clothes and exited the bathroom. 

"Are you not going to class today?" I asked as I packed my textbooks. He put his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "You're going right?" I nodded as I put on my shoes. He wrapped his arm around me and smiled. "Then so will I." I quickly ran into my room and grabbed the pink bottle off my vanity. I took off the cap and sprayed the liquid in the bottle onto him. He attempted to swat away the content. He smelt his sleeve. 

"What was that?" I tossed the bottle onto the couch and looked at him. "Now you won't reek of alcohol." I smiled at him and dragged him outside to his car. 

"Aish. Can't this thing go any faster?" I cursed. I checked the time. 11:40. 

"Calm down. Lunch hasn't even started yet." His eyes were on the road. I placed my arm on the ledge if the car and rested my head on my arm. The car came to a stop. I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed the handle of the door. "Stay here." The bell for lunch rung and I breathed out. Great. I missed my morning classes. Kai came in view of the read view mirror. He opened the door for me and helped me out. Students started to come out of the school with their lunch and friends. I tried to keep my distance from Kai as I got out of the car. 

Kai suddenly grabbed my hand and interlocked it with his. I looked at him wide eyed. "They're staring." I said. He shrugged his shoulders. "Then let them." He tugged me foreword and together we walked in the gates of the school. 

"Bwohya. Why is she with him?" 

"Isn't he engaged? Wah. She's really desperate huh." 

Kai tightened my hand and looked down at me reassuringly. I clutched onto my books tightly, trying to drown out the comments being mad. We made it to my locker and he let go of my hand. He leaned against the metal doors while looking at the crowd of people passing by. 

"This is wrong." I whispered to him as I put my textbook on the shelf. "What so wrong about it." He asked. I sighed and shook my head. I slammed my locker and locked it. Without waiting for Kai to walk with me, I stormed off to the cafeteria. I stood at the doors trying to find the rest of the members. 

"Yah. Why are you walking so fast!" Kai yelled. A few girls huddled together whispered as they pointed in our direction. I walked away from Kai. 

"Annyeong." I greeted the eleven boys cheerfully. I sat next to Luhan and punched him. "Yah!" He clutched onto his arm. 

"Thanks for leaving with me last night." I said sarcastically. He had a blank look on his face then smiled. "Heh. Mian." I looked at the other five boys who left without me. 

Kai showed up at the table and sat down in a chair. "Where were you!" Chen cried.

"Business." He looked at me briefly. I raised an eyebrow. "Well we have practice tonight. So you cannot ditch today." Suho said sternly. Kai didn't move. He just sat there looking at the table mindlessly. 

My first period teacher walked into the crowd of students and began turning her head looking for someone. Ever since the incident I had with her a couple weeks ago, she and I have not been exactly seeing eye to eye. I quickly ducked my head and closed my eyes, hoping and praying she didn't see me as she walked by. 

"Ah. Haneul!" I opened one eye and see a fairly skinny woman standing at the front of the table looking at me no sat up straight and smiled nervously. "Oh good Jongin is here too." She clapped her hands together. 

"Saem." Kai greeted her cooly. She scoffed. 

"You two have been skipping my classes quite a lot these past few weeks." I coughed. 

"I came to infrom you two that you have an assignment due next week and you two are partners." Sehun snickered. I snapped my head at him. "You knew?" His smile disappeared in an instant. 

Kai leaned in and smiled. "Don't worry. I'm not all that dumb." He winked. I squinted my eyes at him. 

I pushed my chair out and stood up. "I'll be in the library then." I picked up my bag and pushed open the doors of the cafeteria. My eyes were paying attention to the ground as I dashed through the gossiping crowd of people. 

"Ah!" My head met a solid wall. "Careful there." I looked up and met eyes with a white skinned boy. I laughed. 

"Where are you headed missy?" I pointed to the library located right behind Myungsoo. He stepped to the side and gestured me into the library. I pinched my imaginary dress and curtsied. We laughed and I walked into the large room. 

"Not going to class?" I shook my head and opened my English textbook. He sat beside me and rested his head on my shoulder. 

"Gross. English." I chuckled. 

"Ahem." He lifted his head and turned his body around. I looked up with big rounded eyes. Kai stood there looking at  us with a frown on his face. I shrugged my shoulders innocently. 

"I see you two have some things to do." Myungsoo looked at me. "I'll be going now." He tapped my nose and smiled. "I'll see you around." I blinked as he walked out of the library. Kai sat down in his seat and looked at me. 

"What" I asked innocently. "I told you not to be around him." I glared at Kai.

"I'm not a dog!" I yelled. I quickly covered my mouth and looked around. Thankfully, everyone was in class. I cleared my throat. 

"Let's start the project shall we?" I took out my notebook and put it on the table. My chair then suddenly got turned around. 

"Yah!" Kai looked into my eyes deeply and smiled. "Do we have to start it today?" He asked quietly. I chuckled and nodded my head. He took my hands and interlocked them with mine. "But the day is still young and it's not dues until next week." He looked at the time. "Let's ditch. Hmm?" I smiled and shook my head. "Kai we have to start this." He leaned back in his chair and threw his head back in frustration. 

"Come on." He leaned in and nuzzled his face into my neck. The vibrations of his voice tickled on my skin. I sighed. "Alright." He leaned back and placed his forehead on mine. "Jinjja?" I closed my eyes and nodded. His smile grew. 

"Kaja!" He closed my textbooks and put them in my bag. He swung over his shoulder and pulled me out of the school in a hurry. I trailed behind him, trying to hide my smile as I held onto his hand.