You're Invited

We're the Ones You Were Warned About

Minhee's POV

I leisurely skimmed through the clothes rack, my eyes scanning over the dresses in attempts to find something—but honestly, I couldn't really care less. This one's too short. This one's too long. I don't like low v-cuts. Ew, hot pink. What is up with this pattern? Dear Lord—

"You still didn't find anything?" Eunmi asked from the other side of the rack. She had a stack of dresses already hanging over her idle arm, still racking through the dresses.

"Nope," I simply said, half glad I haven't.

"I don't know why you didn't look for a dress sooner. The party's already tomorrow." She picked up another dress that was striped black and white and slung it over her arm.

"That's because I wasn't exactly planning on going." My hand idly went through the hangers on the rack, but I wasn't paying them much attention. "Besides, what's wrong with my current wardrobe? I think jeans would be fine. It's not even that extravagant. It's just a house party."

"Yeah, but have you seen Jimin's house?" Eunmi stopped rummaging and leaned over the racks, looking me straight in the eyes. "It's like a mansion, you know," she leaned closer, lowering her voice into a whisper, "like the one you used to live in before you moved."

Unphased, I lazily shrugged a shoulder. "So what?"

Eunmi straightened up and turned her attention back to the rack of dresses. "So, this party's gonna be big. Besides, we're seniors now. We should start dressing mature." She looked up and scanned my outfit over. "How are you gonna get any guys to even glance at you in jeans?"

"I'll just burst into the doors with my ravishing good looks and bright aura and yell out "The Queen has arrived." I had imagined me kicking open the door of the house as Heaven's light shined down on me—nearly blinding everyone at the party—and then the Angels' chorus sang as I walked inside with each boys' eyes glued onto my fashionable dark skinnies. "And I'll do it with style."

I heard a laugh emit from Eunmi's lips and started laughing with her. "Alright," she said, in between her chuckles, "if that happens, I'll buy you ice cream for the whole month."

I crossed my arms and nodded towards the dressing room. "Just hurry up, will you? I wanna check out another store."

She looked down at her stack of dresses. "I guess I have enough options to pick something out..."

I rolled my eyes and pushed her towards the dressing room. "You have enough options for the whole student body to pick out."


After Eunmi had finally picked out a dress after a half hour of debating, we walked into another store, hoping I could change my look a bit.

"I didn't know this was your style..." Eunmi softly spoke as she picked up a leather jacket sleeve adorned with spikes.

I rummaged through a rack of tops, admiring all the different designs. "I thought I'd pick up a different style and reinvent myself, you know. Like you said, we're seniors now and we should dress differently." I picked up a black corset-like top with an intricately detailed design of a Chinese dragon on the side and held it up against me. "What do you think?"

Eunmi looked up, her eyes widening quite a bit. "That's... different. What made you want to try this style?"

I shrugged, putting the top back on the rack and searched again. "I just..." I trailed off. Truth was, I didn't really know either. It just seemed to suddenly appeal to me. "I think it's time for a new style. That's all." I picked up a black shirt with a skull and cross bones. "You think people will take me serious in this?"

Eunmi crossed over and placed the top back on the rack before lowering her voice. "Is this about Changjo?"

At the mention of his name, I swiveled my head around to see if anyone was around to be listening before turning back and scoffing. "Pfft. No. Why would it be about Changjo?"

"Because you might be thinking you let him walk all over you last week."

"He did not walk all ove—"

She interrupted. "He had you pinned against the wall, shaking in fear."

I looked away, not wanting to meet her gaze. So what if he had me pinned? He only had this one thing against me. I'm not gonna let him view me as a scared little girl. I'm not that weak. "He only got this one advantage because someone couldn't aim properly."

A small sigh escaped Eunmi's lips as she backed away. "Alright then. Let's give this new style a try." She said but then swatted my hand away from one of the checkered tanks. "No. We're gonna try this style the right way."

"The right way?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Yes." A mischievous grin spread across her face as she took my hand, leading me over to another rack. "Which is also known as the y way." She gave a wink before searching through the racks.

 

Changjo's POV

I was lounging on C.A.P's couch, flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. Everyone was here except Ricky and Niel.

"Where are those punks?" C.A.P came out of his bedroom, towel drying his hair.

I picked up my phone, scanning through the seven new messages I had—none being from Niel or Ricky—and then let it fall back onto the couch without replying to any of them. I shrugged my shoulders and turned back towards the tv. "Beats me."

"Well if they're not here in the next half hour, we're gonna eat without them. I'm starving." Just as C.A.P dialed a number on his phone and brought it up to his ear, his apartment door burst opened with Ricky, who was holding a couple of shopping bags, and Niel right behind him.

Ricky's phone started ringing so he dropped his bags and grabbed his phone out of his jacket pocket. "Hyung?" He turned to look up at C.A.P. "Why are you calling me? I'm right here."

"Shut up. That was before you came bursting in." C.A.P hung up his phone and set it down on the table. "What took you two so long?"

Ricky lifted his shades atop his head as Niel made his way to sit next to me, on the arm of the couch. "Sorry, I had to look for an outfit for tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" C.A.P questioned.

"Don't tell me you guys forgot." Ricky said, looking at us.

"I didn't." I shook my head, leaning forward in my seat and resting my elbows on my knees. "Jimin's house party thing, right?"

C.A.P turned his head towards me with a confused expression. "That's tomorrow?" I nodded my head in reply. "I thought that was next week." I shook my head.

"Almost forgot about it." Chunji said from the floor, some cards in hands as he played a casual card game with L.Joe.

L.Joe placed down a set of cards, not bothering to look up from his hand. "Him and his crew always throws a big party in the middle of the first semester though. I remember it was Suga's party last year when some of the new freshmens destroyed some of his mother's fine china."

Chunji cackled across from L.Joe, rearranging his cards. "Oh yeah, I remember that. Dude they got their asses whooped the following day."

"Those cocky punks deserved it anyways," I commented.

"So," Ricky spoke up, "you guys going tomorrow?"

"Yeah," we all said. 

"Wouldn't miss one of Bangtan's big house parties," Chunji said, laying down a hand that earned a loud defeated groan from L.Joe.

"Alright then," I said, clasping my hands together and standing up. "Are we gonna go eat now or what? We ain't got all day."

Everyone got up and shuffled out the door, C.A.P being last to lock up. "Who's picking the place this time?" C.A.P asked.

Ricky shouted ahead. "Me!"

"No," Chunji argued. "You got to pick last time."

"Yeah, but all your choices are stale."

"Shut up, I'm gonna pick." L.Joe said.

Niel spoke up from the side of me, "I never get to pick though."

"I say we settle it with rock, paper, scissors." I commented.

We each held out our hands and played until one of us won. Low grumbles were emitted as Ricky's scissors won. "Rocking Restaurant, it is." He said. We didn't really argue since we all liked that place anyways, so we headed out.

 


ooh, they're all going to the same party. I wonder what's gonna happen there. wiggles her brows.

and do I hear squeals??? 'cause bts (or just some of them, maybe. idrk, ima just go with the flow.) is gonna make a "guest" appearance in the next chapter. so stay tuned, folks.

but yeh. I was supposed to release this chapter last month but decided not to until I finished the next chapter. but then I couldn't finish it 'cause I couldn't really focus on it. It's still not finished actually, whoops. 

anyways, comment, subscribe, and stay lovely.