Slightly Insane

We're the Ones You Were Warned About

Minhee's POV

Saturday night I walked to the convenient store to buy me some ice cream since I was craving. I took my ipod with me and was listening to Beenzino as I walked down the street, enjoying my ice cream and the peacefulness of the night.

I came by a small playground, and because I didn't want to go home just yet, I decided to stay there for awhile and enjoy the night.

I sat down on one of the swings, thinking nobody was there, and started rapping along with Beenzino. 'Oh god, the things I'd do to that boy,' I thought.

Just then something flew by me, almost hitting my face. I let out a shriek and dropped my ice cream to the ground.

'My ice cream...'

 

L.Joe's POV

"," I heaved deep breaths as I heard their footsteps coming closer. The sharp pain in my side indicated that I may have broken a rib or something and I definitely sprained my ankle. I my lips, only to be greeted by the taste of blood.

I was a walking mess.

They footsteps were becoming louder and I could hear them. "I think he went this way," one of them said. I'm sure that was Dongwoo.

", , ," I cursed. "Where can I hide?" I looked around and saw fence up ahead to my left. I mustered up whatever energy I had left to, painfully run/limp across the street and climb it. I made it to the top, just about ready to die, and then hoisted my leg over. I didn't have time to prepare my fall so when I hit the ground, my body shot out in pain but I refused to let out a single sound. I arched my back out of reflex but that only made the pain worst so I laid flat. Every jagged breath stung and it was hard to swallow as I lay there thinking, 'I'm gonna die.' 

I laid there for awhile even after I knew they were long gone. I was starting to think I'd become paralyzed.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally managed to roll onto my side which caused a wave of pain to throb throughout my whole body. 'Being dead sounds so nice right now,' I thought and tried to push myself up off the ground. I took sharp, short breaths as I zombie-walked across this playground I landed in.

By the time I made it halfway across, I felt like I was going to faint. So I decided I'd just stay here overnight and dropped down onto the slide thinking that if I died right then and there, I wouldn't mind.

I don't know how long I've laid there, staring up at the dark sky, until I heard someone's footsteps. I tensed up and expected an impact of some sort, but I all I heard was someone... rapping? To Beenzino?

I turned my head a bit and saw a girl sitting on one of the swings, eating ice cream and still rapping.

It was horrible even. Not only did my whole entire body hurt, but now my ears have to hurt from this horrid sound.

"Hey," I called out. But there was no answer. "Hey you," I tried again. But still, no answer. I turned to see her bobbing her head, too engrossed in her music. I felt around on the ground, and found a small little pebble. Despite the pain it caused, I chucked it in her direction. She freaked out and let out a shriek as she dropped her ice cream.

When she finally looked over in my direction and saw me, she jumped up. "Oh my god."

"Look," I said, "I don't mind you staying here but if you are, could maybe not rap? That was horrible. My ears are hurting."

"I, uhm, I-I," she stuttered.

 

Minhee's POV

I looked to the direction where whatever almost hit me came from and saw someone laying on the slide. I jumped up in surprise. "Oh my god." My face turned beet red and I was ready to die from embarrassment.

"Look. I don't mind you staying here but if you are, could maybe not rap? That was horrible. My ears are hurting."

"I, uhm, I-I," I stammered. He looked over at me and when I saw his face, I gasped. Not because of the huge cut on his lip, but because it was none other than L.Joe. "I-I'm sorry," I bowed and turned to leave. But I stopped myself. 'I wonder why he's bleeding,' I thought to myself. 'Should I?' I hesitated a bit before I turned back around and walked over to the slide.

"What do you want?"

I stared down at him, looking over his cuts and bruises. "Are you ohk?"

He looked at me with his deep brown eyes, raising an eyebrow. He scanned me up and down, his eyes resting on my sprained ankle. I suddenly felt subconcious of my appearance. He looked back up at my face and said, "hey. You're that girl I ran into," he confirmed.

'He remembers me...' I thought. "uhh, yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get in your way," I apolgized and bowed slightly.

"Whatever."

"You didn't answer my question," I stated. "Are you ohk?"

"Do I look ohk to you?"

"I-- well," I started. "No, you don't--"

He scoffed, "yeah, thanks for pointing that out, captain obvious."

After a few seconds, I added, "do you need any help?"

"And what makes you think that I need help?" He sneered.

I shrugged. "Shouldn't you get that cleaned?" I asked as I pointed to my own lip to indicate his own wound. He didn't answer but I knew he needed help. So I stepped forward and took his wrist to try and pull him up.

He bellowed out in pain and I was so shocked, I let go of his wrist and he fell back down on the slide, groaning in pain. "I'm sorry!" I cried. "I didn't know."

"Well now you do," he retorted and then started cursing. "You're not even scared to touch me?"

"I just grabbed your hand," I argued back. "It's not like I was harrassing you." He didnt say anything as he looked away so I tried to reach for his hand again, being much more careful.

He pulled his hand back. "What do you think you're doing?" He inquired.

He reached for his hand again, and grabbed his wrist. "I'm helping you," I stated. "Now I know it might hurt, but just bear with it until we get to my house ohk?" I lifted him up slowly, being cautious of where his wounds might be. When I swung his arms around the back of my neck, I waited for him to walk so I could support him. But he didn't move.

I looked at him questioningly. "Well, shall we go?" I pressed.

 

L.Joe's POV

I furrowed my eyebrows a bit as I stared at her. 'Who does this girl think she is?'

"You do realize who I am, right?" I asked. She nodded and I raised an eyebrow. "And you've heard the rumors?" She nodded again. "And you're fully aware of what I'm capable of?" Again, she nodded.

"Well, hurry and start walking," she ordered.

I smirked a bit. 'Gutsy girl,' I thought and then started limping, depending on her to keep me standing.

Once we got inside her house, she helped me into the bathroom. I groaned as my rib started screaming out in pain.

"Where does it hurt? What happened?" She asked, taking out a first aid box from the cabinet.

"My ribs," I wheezed. "And my ankle."

She produced a rolled up bandage and asked, "can you take off your shirt?"

I half smirked, despite the pain. "You know if you wanted to see me shirtless, you could've just asked." She rolled her eyes and grabbed hold of the hem of my shirt, helping me out of it, groaning with every slight movement I made. She wrapped me in the bandage and then wrapped my ankle with another roll and bandage.

When she was done, she took a q-tip out and some medicine. She kneeled down with her face inches from mine and started tending to my cut. I winced in pain as she dabbed at it. "Sorry," she whispered and started to blow on it. 

I looked down at her face, seeing how calm she was and how she wasn't scared of me. She looked up and caught my eyes. 'She really does have pretty eyes.' Suddenly the room grew hot and I felt myself starting to sweat.

"Are you ohk?" She asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

She shrugged and felt my forehead. "You're heating up," she stated and then felt the side of my neck for confirmation. "Do you have a fever?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Won't your parents freak out if they saw me?" I questioned. "Where are they?"

She closed the first aid box and stuffed it back into the cabinet. "They're in Hong Kong. It's just me for now." She reached for me to help me up. "So you can sleep here for tonight."

"What?"

"I said you can sleep here for tonight?"

I shook my head in a bit of confusion. "Let me get this straight. You find a stranger in the playgr--"

"You're not a stranger," she remarked.

"I don't even know your na--."

"Song Minhee."

I sighed. "Ohk then. You find this," I tried to search for a different word, "not so friendly boy in the playground, knowing he's in a gang and take him to your house and invite him to sleep over." She nodded. "And you're not at all scared of what I might do to you?"

She shook her head. "What can you possibly do? You're horribly injured so I doubt you could even hurt me."

I grimaced, "you're hurting my ego here, Minhee."

"It's already late and you're not exactly in any good condition to walk back to your place and frankly I don't feel like walking you back either. So I'm being nice and letting you stay here for the night," she said.

This wasn't making any sense. I knew when people acted nice, they wanted something. That's all they ever do. They just use people. "Look. If you're expecting to have any special privileges with us just because you saved me, you better stop right now because it's useless."

Her brows furrowed, obviously getting irritated. "Can you stop trying to accuse me of something? I just thought you needed--"

"I don't need your ing pity," I snapped.

She closed her eyes and let out a loud sigh, before looking at me again. "I'm sorry," she apologized. And I was immediately taken aback. "I didn't mean for it to sound like I was pitying you. I just thought you went through enough for today."

I was so used to people arguing back that I stood there kind of dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say so I just awkwardly asked, "so, uhh," I rubbed the nape of my neck, "do I... sleep on the couch?"

She nodded. "I'll get you a blanket and some pillows," she said before she walked off to retrieve them.

And at that moment, I felt a part of my guard crumble down. I knew this was bad. And I thought maybe I should've let Infinite kill me back there. 

When Minhee came back with the blanket and pillows, I didn't bother thanking her. I thought I lost enough of my ego already. So I just made my self as comfortable as possible without a word.

"I'll be upstairs if you need anything," she said. "Did you want me to stay down her--"

"No, it's fine. Just go."

"Ohk then. Goodnight." She headed up to her room.

I laid there thinking; thinking of how insane Minhee is and wondering how I let my guard falter. But I knew one thing for sure.

She's different.

 


I was supposed to update last week but I got caught up in some stuff and forgot. my apologies though.

but tomorrow is the last day of the year so here's a new year's udpate for you.

I was actually cringing while writing l.joe's pov cos I was imagining all the pain he would be feeling and seeing someone hurt punches me right in the gut. like I cannot be a doctor or a nurse even if my life depended on it. I'm not even kidding. I can't hurt anyone to help save their life ;;

anyways, I hope you all have had a fantastic year and here's to hoping you'll have more wonderful days ahead. 

comment and/or subscribe, and stay cute!