Patience

KnockKnock

Baro

I had put on all my clothes and was now standing in front of the bathroom-door hesitatingly reaching out my hand to open the door. I’m such a coward I shouldn’t be that sneaky I thought.

Finally I opened the door and entered the hallway. It was silent. Totally silent! Did he leave? I asked myself. But when I entered his room Sandeul was lying on the bed, still fully dressed sleeping. I sighed and approached him. I touched his arm and noticed that he was totally cold, which could be dangerous so I carefully took off his shoes, trousers and also his t-shirt. When he only had his boxershorts still on I hesitated. I took another boxer from his cupboard and closed my eyes while pulling off the one he was wearing. Still with closed eyes I carefully put the other one on.

Then I took a t-shirt and lifted his upper body by kind of hugging him and out on the shirt. I was surprised by the fact that he was still fully asleep. Then I rolled him to the other side of the bed because the other half was fully soaked because of his clothes. I took the blanket and lay down next to him. I carefully touched his cheek and noticed that he was still very cold. I put the blanket on us and tightly hugged him underneath the blanket to heat up his body. I breathed against his neck while falling asleep…

                                                               

Sandeul

When I woke up I felt two arms being wrapped around me. I tried to remember something and when I remembered what had happened in the shower my chest ached. But the last thing I remembered was that I had fallen asleep on the bed. I didn’t put off my wet clothes, yet but I noticed that I was wearing different clothes including the boxershorts now and I slightly blushed. I slowly opened my eyes and looked into Baro’s sleeping face. I took a deep breath. I hoped he wouldn’t wake up because I didn’t want to go back to reality. I didn’t want any excuses or explanations from him I just wanted to dream a little bit more but I knew I couldn’t when Baro opened his eyes. I shocked turned around and moved a little further away. I heard Baro grumble and then I felt his two arms wrap around my waist again and pull me close. He was so warm and I was surprised by that action. Baro nuzzled my neck and grumbled and fell asleep again. Embraced by his warmth I drifted off to dreamland again…

 

Baro

When I woke up again, the spot next to me was empty. I sat up and looked around.

“Sandeul?” I called.

After a few seconds Sandeul entered the room wearing a shirt that made him look…quite handsome…I mean…REALLY handsome.

“Why are you already up?” I asked.

“Already is the wrong word! It’s nearly afternoon!” he answered and smiled.

“Jinyoung called, I’ll help him clean up the house before his parents will return! I’ll be back in a few hours I guess. Breakfast is in the kitchen. See you later…” he added and wanted to leave but I stopped him by asking:

“You’re leaving me here?”

“Don’t tell me you’ll die from loneliness!” he said and laughed. I was too tired to laugh.

“No! I mean…you’re leaving me alone in your house for hours…do you trust me that much?”

“Why should I not? It’s not like you’re a stranger or something.” He said and once again turned to the door.

“Wait! Can we…talk first?” I asked.

“We can talk later!” he answered but I didn’t sound as cheerfully as before…

So now I had to be patient…

 

Sandeul

“Wow, Sandeul I’m really thankful! I wouldn’t have managed this if you hadn’t helped me!” Jinyoung said and gave me a hug. I laughed.

“Actually…are you okay now?”

“Hm?”

“You know…yesterday…Stacy and Baro and the bedroom…”

“Ah, yes…don’t worry…I’m over it!”

“Okay then I’m relieved.”…

When I opened the door I was slightly afraid that Baro wouldn’t be there anymore but on the other hand I was afraid of our coming “talk”…

 

Baro

I had been bored and hungry so I ordered pizza. When I opened the first box I heard the door open. That must be Sandeul I thought.

“Baro?” I heard him call.

“I’m in the kitchen!” I called back. After a few seconds Sandeul entered the kitchen.

“You’re perfectly in time! Wanna eat pizza?” I said. He smiled brightly.

“Woah, that’s telepathy! I just thought that a pizza would be great now!” he said and sat down at the opposite of me. We both started eating.

“How’s Jinyoung? Is he still alive?” I asked jokingly. Sandeul laughed.

“Barely! But he even helped me tidying up!” he said. After a few seconds of silence I asked:

“Can we talk now?”

Sandeul stared at his pizza while eating but nodded so I tried to find the right words…

 

Sandeul

I continued to eat while waiting for Baro to say something. The tension was unbelievable. Finally Baro talked.

“Look, you remember that I said that I…wanted to know what would’ve happened, right?”

I nodded.

“Well, now…I know…what would’ve happened and there’s nothing left to…” he stopped. My mood became worse and worse. Baro took a deep breath.

“Look, I have a suggestion! The only reason why I did all of this was that I was curious. So…can’t we forget about that now? I want to…” I interrupted him by getting up and saying:

“Leave when you’re done!”

Then I left the room and ran upstairs. I felt cheap and dumb. I wish I could forget that, but I couldn’t. More than ever not after what Baro had said.

He didn’t come up to talk again and after a while I heard the door being shut loudly. To me, there didn’t seem to exist a tomorrow. Tomorrow was just an empty white paper that I didn’t want to write on...