Chapter 1: New Life

Gumiho

Boom!! Finally new chapter :D enjoy! For the ones who still don't know what's going on. Here

________

“Kyuhyun! Breakfast is ready!”

 

“Coming Hyung!”

 

So fast as possible I ran down the stairs and entered the kitchen. To discover that the table was full with delicious food. I grinned happily before I sat down on the chair. Hyung joined me shortly after, as he placed a glass of orange juice beside me. I smiled at him, before we both started to eat.

 

Yep, that's the my daily morning with him. Since Yesung hyung saved me 13 years ago I lived with him. He taught me a lot of things, about the world that was beyond for humans like me. All of creatures and demons that existed.

 

I would just have laughed at this if I didn't met Yesung, but it's all true. They really existed and they amazed me every time with their unique life.

 

But Yesung also wanted that I still lived like a human and thanks to him I can go to school. Speaking of school...

 

I looked up at the clock on the wall and notice that it was time for to go and as I was about to stand up stopped Yesung me.

 

“Wait Kyu. I will drive.” He smiled up to me, before he also stood up.

 

“Eh? Hyung it's alright. I can walk by myself and don't you have to go there?”

 

“Yeah, but I want to check the cafe first, before I'm going to that place. C'mon now.” he laughed as he walked out.

 

I tilted my head at first, but followed him shortly after. The ride was quiet and I took the opportunity to look at Yesung again.

 

Yesung fox ears and tails disappeared, well better he hid them. The Gumiho lives a double life as Kim Jongwoon owner of a cafe and as Yesung the Gumiho one of the six guardians for the world of the supernatural. His territory is Asia.

 

Being so deep in my thoughts I didn't realized that we were already in front of my school.

 

“See you later hyung!” I smiled at him as I got out of the car.

 

“Have fun in school!” Yesung returned the smile, before driving off. I waved after him, until someone jumped on me.

 

“Good morning Kyu!” greeted me my best friend Ryeowook with a bright smile on his face.

 

“Morning.”

 

“Are you excited for the new students?”

 

I just scoffed at this, making my way in the building. Ryeowook seems to sense my dislike for it and heard him sigh.

 

“Kyu... Please at least try to be nice to them. I know why you're like this, but please...”

“I won't try it Wookie, because I know already I will hate them, because they are-” I didn't came farther than this, because I saw a certain girl who was going to scare the out of me. Again.

 

“Oh Kyuhyun~ ♥” sing-sang one of the popular girls in our school, Seohyun, as she came running to me. Ryeowook was trying his best not to laugh while me... Well, I tried my best not to look so scared.

 

Why is she scaring me? That's easy, because she is A FREAKING SUCCUBUS!!

 

I think the only reason she didn't do anything to me is, because of Yesung hyung. Every demon seems to know that I'm his protege and don't dare to try something on me.

 

But back to my problem now. Before Seohyun could get any closer I looked at my best friend with pleading eyes and fortunately he fulfilled my wish, pulling me into our classroom. I could hear her still calling for me, but Ryeowook just shoved me into my seat, before he went back to the door, telling Seohyun something, after that she walked away from the classroom.

 

“What did you tell her?” I asked as he returned to his seat in front of me.

 

“Just that we get new students, so your mood isn't the best right now. And she knows what I meant by that.”

 

Ah that's right... Before I got interrupted from Seohyun scarring me wanted I tell why I know that I was going to hate the new students already.

 

So why?

 

Easy. It's because I hate other humans with some exceptions, but these were rare. Living with the supernatural and demons showed me how cruel humans are, they are the real monsters. They picked on the weak without any reason, stick their nose into business that isn't theirs and the list goes on. I'm kind of glad that many of them decided to come to humans school or I wouldn't be here.

 

Sure, demons and supernatural creature have also their problems, like cat demons and werewolves, but even cat and dog... er.. wolf can handle their problems in peace and they don't make problems on purpose.

 

Sighs... Humans...

 

I glanced at Ryeowook who pulled out his notebook, before I noticed something.

 

“Wookie.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“They're showing.”

 

The boy looked at me confused, before he followed my finger, which was pointing at his back. As he finally noticed that his tails were showing up pulled he his shirt down, giving me a thanking gaze.

 

Ryeowook is a nekomata, a cat demon of the higher class. But still didn't mastered his shifting. His great-great-grandmother was Japanese. That's why is the Japanese demon blood also in his genes. And demon blood is always stronger than human blood, even with his human mother and yet being more fully Korean than Japanese.

 

After the Japanese mythology are nekomatas pure evil demons only to bring misfortune and that's something I also hate about the humans. They bring false information about them.

 

These demons aren't evil, just revengeful to these who abused them or to the ones close to them. The first nekomata was born, because their owner abused them and wanted revenge for that, after Yesung, but when you're friends with them, like me and Ryeowook, are they really overprotective.

 

I'm always thankful that Ryeowook is my best friend, I can't tell him everything and he is always there for me, when Yesung hyung is too busy.

 

The bell rang and just an second later came our homeroom teacher, behind her were two students. Ryeowook glared at me, before I could give a snort about them. So I just rolled my eyes, before I shut everything out of what our teacher said. And before I knew was it already lunch time.

 

How the hell manage I to space out that much without getting any trouble?

 

“Are you coming Kyu?”

 

“Yeah.” I packed my bag, because after lunch break we had PE and followed the cat out of the room, only to notice that the new students were standing next to my best friend.

 

“Before you ask. Ms Kim asked me to show them around for the day. And don't worry about them.” he came closer and whispered in my ear “They aren't human.” My eyes widened at the information and looked at them. One of them just nodded before showing me his red eyes.

 

Vampire.

 

Without to exchange another word went all four of us on the rooftop. Making that nobody were following us or could enter to our conversation, sat we on one of the few banks there.

 

“So you probably didn't listen when Ms Kim introduced them to us.” the nekomata noted, rolling his eyes at the same time. I mimicked him, because he should know that I wouldn't and I didn't know that both of them were supernatural.

 

“So again... That's Lee Sungmin.” he pointed at the vampire with jet-black hair. He looks a little feminine to me, yet his stare said 'one wrong word and I'm gonna snap your neck' I gulped at that thought, “Vampire. And the other one is Lee Donghae. Oceanid..” He pointed at the other boy with light brown hair, who was grinning from ear to ear. He has really mature features, but with this grin does he look like a child. “They're cousin.”

 

“Cousin?” Sungmin nodded.

 

“I'm a bitten vampire and my father is the older brother of his father, who was human.”

 

I nodded, understanding the situation.

 

“Nice to meet you. I'm-”

 

“Oh oh oh! We know!! You're Kyuhyun! The protege of the great Yesung!” Donghae bounced up and down and his grin seemed to widen with every second.

 

Sungmin punched him light on the head, making the oceanid stop and pout at his cousin.

 

“What did I told you about interrupted someone?” He said in a stern voice, which make the oceanid pout only more.

 

“Sorry Kyu...” Nicknames already huh? Well I don't mind when it's them.

 

“It's alright.” I grinned, before I introduced myself again.

 

The rest of the break we spent on talking (and eating. Food is important), like about Sungmin how he got turned into a vampire. Why both of them came into this school and so on. Donghae even showed me some of his magic. He only mastered water magic completely, which shouldn't me surprise, due to his name.

 

Bell rang again and it was time for PE. To be honest hated I sport. I didn't understand why we needed this in our school system. But oh well... Only PE then we can go. Ryeowook and I wanted go to Nightground with Sungmin and Donghae. A place where all demons and other creature could live peace, when they decided not to live among the humans, hiding their true nature.

 

Because they didn't had any clothes to change, couldn't the newcomers take part in this lesson. After I changed my clothes, joined I Ryeowook outside on the field, who already changed in his sportswear. Because of his tails, changed the nekomata in the bathroom, so nobody could see them.

 

“Tell me again, why we just don't skip PE?” asked I the demon a little annoyed.

 

“Because I said so, c'mon Kyu. It's not that bad, we're just going to run.” sighed the cat. He was about to say something again, but a loud laughter interrupted him.

 

We both turned around and saw Hyukjae, better know as Eunhyuk entering the field with his friends. He and his friends belong to popular ones in school, like Seohyun, but he was a human. I gritted my teeth at his sight, because he embodied everything I hate about humans and unfortunately belonged I to his victims list.

 

Just in my luck spotted he me and smirked. Ryeowook wanted to lead me away from here, but Hyukjae was faster.

 

“Hey there Kyuhyun!” greeted he me in a mocking tone as he threw his arm on my shoulders, not giving me a chance to escape.

 

“Eunhyuk...”

 

“Listen. There is that project I need to finish, but I want you to finish it.”

 

I let out a snort and glared at him. Eunhyuk always bullied since we were in middle school, only because of Ryeowook his pranks didn't work on me. He actually should have learned by now that I won't listen to him and that he can't do anything to me while my best friend is here. Maybe he is more stupid than I thought.

 

“Why? Can't your monkey brain solve it alone?” hissed I as answer and tried to throw his arms off from my shoulders.

 

“You little brat. Yo-”

 

“Cut it out Hyukjae. Leave Kyuhyun alone.” Ryeowook seemed really irritated, he should be careful or his other demon parts are showing up.

 

“It's Eunhyuk!” he let go of me and stepped in front of the nekomata. “You really should know your place...”

 

“Oh yeah?” came it sarcastically from him and I saw that his claws started to grow, before I could stop him, fell Hyukjae suddenly on the ground.

 

All of us, even Ryeowook and I, were confused of what suddenly happened as Donghae and Sungmin came to us. It was barely visible, but Donghae's wind tattoos faded away, means that he used wind magic just now. Then it hit me. Donghae used magic to make Hyukjae fell down.

 

“C'mon you two. Let us skip for the rest of the day.” without of waiting for an answer pushed Donghae me towards the locker room, while Sungmin did the same with Ryeowook.

 

Maybe it's for the best. I really need to see Yesung hyung now...