Prolog: Meeting

Gumiho

My whole life changed on that day.

 

I don't remember everything, what happened before I met him. Maybe I don't want to remember, so far I knew was that my family was... dead, murdered by these people who were chasing me, while I was running away in the forest.

 

They were close, close to capture me.

 

I didn't knew who they were, why they killed my parents and my big sister or what they will do with me, but I just chanted the same thing over again in my head.

 

Run. Run. Run!!!

 

But because I was so focused to run, instead of looking, I didn't exactly knew which way I was running. It was pitch black and I only could barely see, thanks to the voices behind me, I knew how far or better how close they were behind me.

 

I had various scratches or other wounds, because I ended I few times against a tree or in a bush. And suddenly I run against into something again, but this time it was someone.

 

The thought that I die came immediately in my mind. My eyes closed, to hold back my tears, but I never felt any pain or being taken anywhere roughly, instead I found myself in a warm embracing and for a short moment I was lifted up, only being placed on a tree.

 

That was the moment for me to open my eyes, staring into these bright golden eyes. And suddenly all my worries were washed away as the stranger smiled at me. Even when I saw his whole body.

 

Nine black tails swaying behind his back as if they would dance, ears wear pointed on his head, looking like from a fox. Suddenly he took my hand, placing them on my ears and made me to close my eyes. I didn't know why I should do it, but it was probably the best for me and did what the man wanted from me.

 

I felt that he was jumping off the tree, making me wonder what he was doing, after some time the curiosity got me and I dared to take a look of what the man was doing.

 

And I wished that I never did it.

 

Blood was everywhere, all my chaser dead. Killed in a inhuman way and immediately I knew, it was that man.

 

He was already walking towards to me and I backed away, forgetting completely that I was still on the tree. As I fell down from it, closed I instinctively my eyes, waiting for the contact with the ground.

 

But it never happened.

 

Again. Again I found myself in a warm embrace, knowing that he saved me again. But I didn't wanted to look at him, knowing that he responsibly for the deaths of my chasers, even when I should be glad that they aren't after me now was killing still wrong.

 

I did my best not to look at him, but as the time passes, didn't he do anything to me, so slowly I opened my eyes and looked at him straight in his golden eyes again, his lips showing a gentle like earlier again.

 

And because of the smile I felt save and comfortable again.

 

Hello. Don't be scared of me, I won't do anything to you. I'm really sorry that you saw that. But what are you doing here? Do you mind to tell me what happened?”

 

His voice sounded so gentle, making me feel that I could trust him and I did.

 

I trust him.

 

But instead of telling him of what happened, broke everything in me, starting to cry and scream for my parents. Even when I knew that I would never see them again.

 

The man didn't do anything at first, just looking at me, probably understanding of what happened to me. Making me rest my head on his chest, started he sing. My cries and sobs quieted down as I listened to his voice. Just to listen to him, calmed me down, feeling that I wasn't alone anymore.

 

The song ended and I looked up to him. Smiling at me, he hugged me tightly, yet gentle.

 

I will take care of you from now on. What's your name?”

 

“K-Kyuhyun...”

 

Nice to meet you Kyu. I'm Yesung.”

 

And so I met Yesung.

 

The Gumiho.