Final

A Fool In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t do something permanently stupid just because you’re just temporarily upset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

They thought they could save their marriage, but looks like the tidal wave had gone crazier. While trying to hold each other’s hand, they realized their grasp was loosening.

Their marriage was an accident that both of them never expected in their life. Yeah, an accident. It was never wanted even from the very beginning. Both of them were strangers with each other when their parents decided to tied them together in a marriage. Of course it was just too shocking for both of them, but considering that it would make their parents happy, they agreed. For Kyungsoo, he thought it was fate that he had been trying his best to understand his husband and to make their marriage last forever. Divorce is the last thing that Kyungsoo want in his life. He tried almost everything he could to make their relationship works. It was hard, indeed, but at least he’s trying.

But Kyungsoo was getting tired of it. He’s getting tired of trying this and that to make Chanyeol accepts him. He was tired hoping that their relationship would works somehow.

He tried to understand that Chanyeol is a free bird, a young and lively man who wanted to spend his young age with having fun and partying. He tried to understand that Chanyeol is also a college student who’s too busy with his own studies and stuffs to even spend any time with Kyungsoo. He tried to understand that Chanyeol always gets stressed when he had so much assignments and works to do with too little time in hand.

He tried to understand Chanyeol. But Chanyeol never tried to understand him.

Chanyeol never tried to understand that Kyungsoo is just a high school student. He never tried to understand that Kyungsoo also had his own world and wanted to have fun to his heart content too. He never tried to understand that Kyungsoo sacrificed his own friends and time to make sure he’s always there when Chanyeol needed him. Chanyeol never tried to understand that no matter how strong Kyungsoo tried to be, in the end he’s just an 18 years old boy who needed someone to love him and hug him. No matter how strong he is, Kyungsoo could also get broken when things get too hard.

It was one of the sleepless nights where Kyungsoo almost collapsed on the floor due to exhaustion, physically and mentally. He was already too tired when he got home from school, but he knows he couldn’t rest because the house chores were waiting for him. After cleaning and cooking, he realized that he’s still cladding in his school uniform. He sighed and changed before going downstairs to wait for his husband and have dinner together. But 3 hours passed, it is almost midnight, and Chanyeol is still not yet home. Kyungsoo’s body couldn’t take it anymore. Just as he was about to dozed off on the couch, the sound of car startled him. Kyungsoo smiled weakly at Chanyeol who’s taking off his shoes at the doorstep before putting it on the rack.

“You’re late. Have you eaten yet?” He asked.

Chanyeol shook his head, “No.” He answered simply.

Kyungsoo lets out a relieved sigh and quickly making beeline towards the kitchen to reheat the food. When he’s done, he called Chanyeol. Both of them eat in silence when Chanyeol suddenly cleared his throat, probably trying to get Kyungsoo’s attention.

“Next time, don’t wait for me. You look tired. Just eat first and sleep.” He said in firm tone.

Kyungsoo pressed his lips into a thin line. “But you’re my husband. I can’t let you eat alone.”

Chanyeol look up and stared at Kyungsoo with unreadable expression plastered on his face, “Remember our agreement? You have your life and I have mine. So yeah, don’t mind my problem.” He scoffed and then continues eating.

Suddenly the kimchi stew tasted bitter on Kyungsoo’s tongue. He had totally lost his appetite. “When you’re done, just leave it in the sink. I’ll wash it tomorrow.” Kyungsoo said before he stood up from his seat and put his rice bowl into the sink.

Without any more words, he left Chanyeol alone at the dining table and walked to their room. Kyungsoo buried his head into the pillow; the blankets were covering his body from top to toe, while tears keep coursing down his cheeks. Few minutes later, the sound of the door flung open and closed was heard. Chanyeol must have done eating. He tried not to make any sound as possible, not wanting Chanyeol to know he’s crying. The right side of the bed sank at the weight that comes. It doesn’t even take 30 seconds for some soft snores to come out of Chanyeol’s lips.

Kyungsoo brave himself to uncovered his face and turn around to face Chanyeol who looks so peaceful sleeping next to him. He had to admit that, yes, his heart do care for Chanyeol a lot. He accepts Chanyeol as his husband and had started to learn to love Chanyeol. How he wish that Chanyeol would also do the same. He reached out a hand, Chanyeol’s cheek softly as the latter peacefully snoring in his sleep. This is the only time that Chanyeol doesn’t look scary or intimidating for Kyungsoo. He looks like an innocent kid. Kyungsoo smiled. Not too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter