Cafe

Glue

As they sat on the stairs, they chatted a little, but the bell who rang furiously intrerrupted their conversation. Two tall persons came out first on the empty hallway, noticing the two other figures by far. As soon as Euaerin saw them, she began walking towards their direction but she soon got pulled back by Leo. Making eye contact, he just shooked his head, signaling her that she must stay in the same spot she was before walking.

 

"What classes do we have next?" Ken broke the silence.

"Biology, Chemistry, Music..I don't know them all!" Kyungri frowned.

"Boring. Let's go to a cafe! I saw one nearby as I came here." he smiled as he stood up, grabbing her hand.

"Wait, what are yo-"

She got cut off by Ken who instantly began walking towards the exit of the school. He pushed the door open and leaded the way to the nearest cafe.

"We can't just run from classes! And you hold my hand pretty tight, Jaehwan." she mumbled as she looked down, slightly blushing.

Ken suddenly stopped, turned around to face Kyungri. She didn't look up at him, instead she lifted their hands up enough so he can see it. He quickly released the tight grip he held, stuttering an apology to her.

"It's okay, i didn't mean it at all." Kyungri murmured as she peeked up at Ken, who was gazing at her.

They stared at each others for a couple of seconds, but Kyungri broke the awkwardness by leading the way to the cafe. He shoved his hands inside his pockets, following her. She turned around and noticed the distance between them. By signaling him to walk faster, Ken speeded up his pace and finally reached her.

As they arrived to the cafe, Ken pushed the door open, waiting for Kyungri to get in. She walked inside, breathing the scent of coffee. The two sat on the free seats near the window. Soon, the waiter came and took their order.

"So, Cinderella, right?" Ken joked.

"Peter Pan, if i'm not mistaken." she went along with the joke.

They laughed.

"Tell me about yourself, Kyungri." he asked.

"There's not much to tell, but first i am warning you by saying that if you'll hang out with me, you'll be called a nerd." she sighed.

"I guess I should buy one more pair of big spectacles. And we should wear our uniform corectly and walk fastly, shouldn't we?" Ken joked again.

Kyungri laughed and nudged his shoulder with her's.

"And I should do my hair like this, shouldn't i?" Ken added as he parted his hair on the half.

"You're an ugly Peter Pan." she laughed as she fixed his hair.

Their drinks came, the time flew, but none of them seemed to care at all. They chatted and chatted, until Ken's phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and he saw the person who's calling.

"Where are you?" Leo's voice could be clearly heared through Ken's phone.

"At a cafe, why?" Ken answered.

"Just asking."

"Do Leo miss me already?" Ken laughed.

Leo just muttered. Ken hung up and placed his phone on the table. Soon, Kyungri's phone rang too and she hesitately answered her call. Ken noticed her pouty expression and he couldn't help but chuckle. Suddenly, he yelled:

"Kyungri, come on, we're going to be late!"

She hung up and thanked Ken for what he did. She indeed didn't want to talk with that person. A certain person, who just arrived at the cafe, spotted Ken and Kyungri chatting happily at a table and didn't hesitate to stop by.

"Jehwan! Do you remember me? It's Hani, your classmate. what a coincidence to see you here!" Hani cutely greeted Ken.

"Hello to you too Hani." Kyungri intrerrupted.

"Oh, Kyungri, uh..hi."

"It was nice to see you again Hani, but we were about to go." Ken added as he stood up, grabbing Kyungri's hand once again, holding it tightly.

They both walked towards the counter, leaving Hani behind.

Tch, that brat, Park Kyungri. I won't let her get Jaehwan oppa. She won't put her dirty hands on him. There's finally a cute guy in our class and he's going to be mine. Hani thought.

"Jaehwan, I forgot my purse in my locker since you were in a hurry, so I can't pay my coffee." Kyungri mumbled as she looked at Ken who smiled.

"So I have to pay your drink too? What a waste of money." he joked again. "Your treat next time, I was going to pay today anyways."

"Alright, I'll treat next time! Thank you." she smiled.

He just nodded and paid with his card.

 

 

"You seem to like holding hands." Kyungri finally noticed that Ken was still holding her hand.

"I didn't even notice. Sorry." he released his grip. "Let me walk you home!" he added, smiling.

Kyungri just nodded. Their houses seemed to be not that far away from each other. In fact, Leo and Euaerin used to visit each other. They stopped as soon as they reached Kyungri's house.

"Shall I pick this lazy Cinderella tomorrow morning?" Ken chuckled.

Kyungri agreed and smiled. They greeted each other and their ways parted.

 

He seems to be nice. And his jokes are always making me laugh. I was surprised he wanted to hang out with the school's nerd. It actually makes me happy. I wish only that Hani won't start again with her bashing and make him become a stranger rather than a friend.. Kyungri thought.