Friends or Strangers

Never Say GoodBye (Reply 1996)(HIATUS )

September 16, 1996.

Like any other day in South Korea, it was very beautiful and nice outside. Eight of the nine girls were all awake, excerpt Jessica, who was nowhere to be found,

"Where is Jessica?" Tiffany asked when Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Sunny walked into the big and elegant kitchen slash dining room.

"We look for her everywhere, but couldn't find her." Yuri answered taking a seat in one of the chairs next to Tiffany at one of the two tables, that consists of ten chairing each.

"I think I know, where she is?" Hyo Yeon said with a snap of her fingers and she grabbed Yuri and they ran upstairs to the second floor, of the house that they lived in together. When they reach a door, Yuri knocked on the door. A guy with black hair, without a shirt on opened the door, and wasn't all that surprise to see the two girls.

"What do you two want?" He asked in a groggy voice, HyoYeon and Yuri both ignored his comment.

"I didn't come here for you, Kai. Where is Jess?"Hyoyeon said 

"She is sleeping with Kris." He answered and they both brush past him and walked into the room, to see Jessica and Kris cuddled together sleeping. "You girls need to keep tabs on your friend." Both HyoYeon and Yuri shot him a glare, before looking at the couple who were still sleeping soundly and they both took a breath of air and Kai covered his ears.

"JESSICA JUNG, WAKE THE HELL UP." They both yelled at the same exact time, and both Kris and Jessica jumped up and they look up, to see both Hyoyeon and Yuri glaring at the both of them, especially Jessica.

"How the hell did you know I was here." Jessica asked

"What are you doing here?" Yuri asked grabbing her and making her to stand up.

"I sleep walk, don't judge me." Jessica defended herself with a pout planted on her still sleepy face.

"Why didn't you take her back to her room?" The attention was now focused on Kris, who was still sleepy like his girlfriend, who was now sleeping on Yuri's shoulder.

"I was in a deep sleep, she hugged me and I thought she was a teddy bear." Kris said with a smirk.

"Whatever, you two get ready for school, or we all are going to be late." Hyoyeon said and she shot both him and Kai a glare.

"Why are you glaring at me like that? Am I that hot?" Kai asked, but HyoYeon just ignored him, before walking out the room with Jessica.

"We are suppose to have a new housemate, so when he meet him, don't do anything stupid." Yuri said before following the two girls.

"I wonder who it is?"

"You are so weird, jealous already that he might steal your girlfriend." Kris said before dashing into the bathroom, that he shared with Kai.

"I am not jealous." Kai said

"Yeah right." Kris voice came from the bathroom.

 

At exactly seven o'clock, everybody including the nine girls and twelve boys were all downstairs, all dressed and they were eating breakfast and chatting amongst themselves. Though the eight girls were still mad at Jessica, who was still apologizing about what had happened and about worrying them.

"Yah, Young, stop eating so much." Said ChanYeol who was seated next to his girlfriend, who was eating as though she hasn't eaten in a week.

"She isn't going to listen to you, just leave her alone." TaeYeon said looking at the younger boy, with sympathy.

"I know, I just thought I would try." ChanYeol said 

"Taeng, can you please pass, me the juice?" BaekHyun asked the girl who was seated next to him on the right.

"Nope, get it yourself." TaeYeon said not even glancing at him.

"You so love holding grudges, Taeng." He said and he reached for the glass of juice, kissing her on the cheeks in the process. "I am sorry, Taeng." He said and she finally looked at him and gave him a sweet smile, before pinching his cheeks.

"You are so cute, Baek." She said before going back to her breakfast.

"Where you even mad?" 

"Nope, but thanks for saying sorry, babe." She answered with a teasing smile

"I think, I might puke." SooYoung suddenly said staring at SeHun and Yoona who were both feeding each other.

"It's breakfast, you two don't need to feed each other." Chen said before drinking a glass of cold water.

"You guys, are just jealous." Yoona said sticking out her tongue playfully at both Chen and SooYoung.

"Yeah right, you two aren't cute, you are disgusting." Chen said 

"I told you kids, to be nice to one another." A female voice said and the people that was facing their back to her, turned around to see one of the woman that ran the house that they were living in. Yuri, Seohyun, SooYoung, Yoona, and HyoYeon had been living together, since they were in middle school, along with Xiu Min, Suho, LuHan, with another boy, who moved to China, when he was thirteen years old. After that, TaeYeon, Sehun, Tiffany, Jessica, D.O, Kai, Chanyeol,Sunny, Tao, BaekHyun, Kris, and Chen moved in when the five youngest girls started High School. They have being living together for a very long time, but they still don't get along that well.

"Can't help it, Aunty." Sooyoung said before going back to eating.

"I thought you all were friends."The lady said grabbing a pice of bread and taking a bite.

"We are friends, but are also enemies." Sunny answered after drinking a glass of milk.

"You guys make sure to come home early, to welcome the new guest." The lady said and the twelve girls and guys nodded, before she turn on her heels and walked away.

"Girls, let's go." Yoona suddenly said standing up and grabbing her jacket from the back of her chair.

"Who is riding with me?" Kris asked. Jessica was about to say me, but when she saw her eight friends glare, she stayed quiet. 

"Yuri and I." Tiffany said grabbing onto Kris right hand and Yuri grabbed onto his left, and they walked out of the dining room, and out of the house with Chen following behind them.

"Are they serious?" Sehun asked and the girls nodded their heads yes. He just shrugged his shoulders, before walking out of the dining room and out to the parking garage with the others following him, except Luhan, Suho, and Kai, who had bikes that they rode to school. Outside it wasn't cold, nor was it hot either, it was just a good blend of both. The were five cars, three were black and the other two was white, the girls left first, with the nine boys following them. As the three boys who were still at home, were about to leave, a boy that was familiar to two of the boys walked in, with two suitcases.

"LuHan hyung and Suho hyung, I am back." The boy said and Luhan and Suho walked towards him, with Kai following them, still confused and lost. Suho and Luhan gave the guy a hug. 

"Oh, Jongin, this is Yi Xing." Suho said introducing the Kai to the other guy.

"Call me Kai, I like that name better." Kai said with a serious face.

"Nice to meet you, call me Lay." The guy said with a smile, not one bit intimated by Kai.

"We have to head to school." Xiu Min suddenly said, before asking Lay. "Are you coming?"

"I will come later, you guys go ahead." Lay said and Suho and Xiu Min bid farewell before walking away with Kai.

 

After going to the few classes they had in the morning, the girls and some of the boys had free block and decided to mess around, instead of studying. Yuri decided to head to her locker to get a book, she needed for her next class. As she was walking, she passed by a guy, who dropped something, she picked it up.

"Excuse me." She called and the guy turned around, when he did she was shocked. To make sure that she wasn't seeing things, Yuri closed her eyes, but when she opened it, she still saw the brunette guy, who had a charming smile on his face staring down at her.

"What the hell, are you doing here?" She asked

"I am the new student, Yul." He answered still smiling 

"I can see that. How did you know that we were going to this school?" 

""I got my ways of finding out things." He said, when suddenly Yuri phone ranged. She took it out of her pocket, to see HyoYeon's name on the screen, before she could answer, the guy grabbed the phone from her hands, and sneered it instead. " Hello, Hyoraengi, I have missed you so much."

"O.M.G." HyoYeon voice said.

"Gave me back my phone." Yuri said grabbing it from him, he just smirked. "Hyo, I will call you back."

"I miss your feisty attitude, Yuri-ah." He said ruffling her hair. She grabbed his hand, just as she did, Tao was walking by, and he saw this, and without saying anything, he walked away.

"She has a boyfriend." 

"I know."

"Okay, then. I have to go to dance class." She was about to walk away, when he grabbed her hand.

"Great, I have dance too." He smirked again, and she released herself from his grip, and began walking to class, and he followed her.

 

Dance Class.

"Okay, everyone, pair up." The dance teacher said. Kai was about to walk to Hyoyeon, but she was walking towards the new guy, and this made him feel a bit angry and jealous inside, and he grabbed Yuri, who gave Tao a sorry look.

"Would you be my partner?" She asked.

"Sure." He said grabbing her hand. "Who is the guy you are trying to make jealous, this time?" 

"The one, dancing with Yuri?" She whisper in his ears.

"Oh, I have met him. Kim Jongin, but prefers Kai." 

"Wow, Zhang Yi Xing, has gotten so much smarter." She said with a smirk. Before he could reply, someone grabbed her arms and dragged her out of the class. 

"What do you think you are doing?" Kai voice asked, and she look up at him, to see a hurt look in his eyes that she has never seen before, and it made her heart hurt a little. Before she could response, his lips crashed onto hers in a warm and sweet and when she kissed him back, she could feel him smiling into the kiss as he placed his arm, around her shoulders. Just as the kiss was starting to get heated, someone cough, and they broke the kiss, and look up to see their friends. 

The first to speak was Suho." Bravo, Kim Jongin, my little sister forgive you in only two days."

"I never said I forgive him." HyoYeon said under her breath, but her friends heard it.

"Technically, you did because you kissed him back." Yoona said with a smirk.

"Whatever, I am heading back to class." As she was walking back to class, she crashed into Lay, and was about to fall down, when he caught her. Kai quickly ran up to them, and grabbed her from him, before walking past him, back into class.

Meanwhile, in Music class, the wasn't that much drama, as the was in Dance Class. Tiffany was sitting next to Chen who was reading a music sheet for the new song, that they needed to practice. Tiffany who was starting to get a little bored, began to close her eyes, since she was very tire. Her head began to sway from left to right, and this caught Chen attention. He smiled to himself, before placing her head on his shoulders. When she opened her eyes fifteen minutes later, she looked around the classroom to see that it empty. She looked to her right to see Chen, who was still reading.

"Did I sleep through class?" She asked and he look at her and nodded.

"Don't worry, about it. I tell you what happen later." He placed a strand of her black straight hair behind her ears, before giving her a smile. "Now, we need to get you home, so you can go to bed early."

"Thanks for landing me your shoulder, it felt so warm." She said intertwining her hands with his as they both made their way of Music class.

 

Everybody were now home, with some playing video games, watching tv, or eating in the kitchen. 

"Can I play?" Yoona ask Sehun, LuHan, and Tao who were playing video games, in the game room.

"No." Sehun answered.

"Why not?" She whined

"Cause, I don't want you too." He answered.

"Here you go, Yoong." LuHan said handing her his controller

"Hyung." Sehun whined

"I have a date with SeoHyun, sorry." Luhan said before walking out of the game room. Tao decided to leave to, though Sehun, kept telling him to stay, he still left, to go, find Yuri.

"Are you scare that you are going to lose to me, again?" She asked innocently.

"No, bring it on." He said and the game started. When she beat him, she jumped up and began dancing around, and Sehun just watched her, wondering how she became his girlfriend, when they are totally polar opposite. Suddenly she kissed him on the cheeks, before waving goodbye, saying that she has to do homework. But he knew that she was just shy and embarrassed since she doesn't usually show affection. 

 

After leaving the game room, Luhan went to grab a basket and placed fruits, vegetables, and other stuff in it, before making his way to the back of the house, to set up. After getting set, up, SeoHyun finally arrived dressed in a white dress with an orange ribbon tied around her waist. He smiled when he intertwined their hands and he pull out her chair, and she sat down.

"Let's enjoy, I was able to hide this from Sooyoung." He said with a smile and he took a seat next to her on the right as they began to eat. 

"Thanks, for the picnic." She said after they had finish the food. They sat side by side on one of the big sofas.

"Your welcome." After he said this, it got quiet.

"I heard that Lay oppa is back." She suddenly said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, he is back and Kai doesn't like him, at all." 

"I am just worry about Hyoyeon unnie." He reached for her hands, and squeezed it.

"Hyo, can take care of herself, don't worry about it." She looked at him and their eyes locked. He gives her a smile, kissing her on the cheeks, then the forehead, before leaning in slowly and instead of moving like she usually did, she also leaned in. As soon as his lips touched hers, the was a flash, they turn around to see BaekHyun, who had a cheeky smile on his face.

""Thanks for the picture." He said. Taeyeon came out of nowhere and grabbed the camera out of his hands.

"You are so irritating, disturbing other people dates." TaeYeon said kicking him in the shin. She look at SeoHyun and Luhan who were now staring at her and Baekhyun. "Sorry, about ruining your date." 

"I got their first kiss on camera." BaekHyun said with victory dance.

"Well, isn't that great, too bad, I just deleted it." TaeYeon said and his smile started to fade.

"You didn't ." He said, and she nodded she did. "Kim TaeYeon, you are so dead." He said and he began to chase her around the backyard, with LuHan and SeoHyun trying not to laugh, seeing TaeYeon apologizing over and over again, as BaekHyun just looked at her.