Still Into You

Enough

 

Jessica's Point Of View

 

I sighed as I stepped out the arrival area of Incheon International Airport. I roamed my vision around and a 'Welcome Home Young Miss, Sooyeon' card caught my attention. The man holding it is very familiar to me. My lips curved a smile when I saw him wave at me. I immediately pushed my trolley to where he is standing.

 

"You look more beautiful than you already are 6 years ago, Young Lady." he said while smiling as I approach him.

 

"You know better than to call me that, Mr. Kang." I greeted as I let go of the trolley and gave him an 'It's-been-a-long-time-and-I-miss-you' hug.

 

"And it's 'samchon' to you, Sooyeon" he hugged me back and patted my back. "Let's go, Sooyeon. You've been gone for so long, and your family is dying to see you again." he grabbed most of my luggages leaving me a hand carry and lead the way to the car.

 

While we were on our way, he told me about things I missed while I was not here.

 

"Oh, and that sister of yours came running home one day saying she's engaged already. I thought your parents would be in rage when she told them. Luckily, they managed, especially your father, to control their anger. After some time, they just learned to accept your sister's fiancee." 

 

Anger? "Doesn't Dad and Mom like her fiancee?"

 

"You mean, you're sister didn't tell you?" he's brows scrunched in confusion.

 

"Tell me what?" now I'm the one confused.

 

"Who her fiancee is." 

 

"Should I? I mean, I'll still meet him anyway. Besides, by the way Soojung tells me about him, I think I could entrust my sister to him."

 

I heard samchon sigh from the driver's seat. What's the big deal about me knowing who she's getting married with? As long as he's a good person and treats my younger sister well, I'm okay with him. I don't know why but after talking about my unknown future brother-in-law suddenly made me anxious. Why would I be? I think he'll treat my sister well, that's what he's been doing for almost 5 years anyway. Yes, they have been together that long.

 

Soojung told me they were high school clasmates. Pretty close friends. After I left for Paris, he started hanging out at our house. Hmm .. maybe he was afraid of me, I could be very protective when it comes to my lil' sis. The first visits were friendly ones, usually with their peers in school. Maybe trying to cherish their time since they're graduating. Well, the following ones were pretty obvious, she said that's the time when he started bringing flowers everytime he comes over. On one of their dates, he asked her to be his girlfriend. She immediately said yes for she had been crushing on this guy ever since freshmen year however, she was not the first girl to catch his attention. Now that he's available and has set his eyes on her, she  took the chance. Being the gentleman that he is, he asked my parents' permission to date my sister. I know my parents rejected him but Soojung was pretty stubborn, she rebelled by flunking almost all her subjects in school which had a huge impact in her academic standing since she was a straight A student. She only aced her exams again after Mom gave them her blessings, what I know is my Dad is still pretty much against them. I don't know why though. It never occured to me that she never mentioned the guys' name to me. Oh well, as long as they love each other.

 

One more thing, I had two reasons for coming back in Korea. First, was my sister's wedding and the second one was AJ. The AJ I loved and still loves. I wanted to check if he already have someone who have replaced me, cuz if not, I'm willing to beg him to take me back. The boy, or should I say man now, I had never forgotten even after 6 years. I know I caused him a massive heartache when I broke up with him, but I'm willing to make it up to him. I'll accept it if he's mad at me, as long as he's not with someone. I'm willing to swallow my pride and go after him.

 

Aish! I pushed my worries aside and tried to sleep off the anxiety building up in me. Seeing that we're still a little far away from home, I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to dream  ... of AJ.

 

 

Kang-samchon's Point of View

 

You kids better prepare your hearts and minds for what's about to happen. *sigh*  Young love, complicated and torturous. I just hope you would not hurt yourselves. Please remember, you are still a family.

 

+++++++++

 

 

As Kang-samchon pulled over in front of a luxurious looking house, a young girl wearing casual house clothes came running outside the door just as Jessica got out of the car.

 

"UNNIE !!" she shouted as she flung herself over her older sister. Jung Soojung, better known as Krystal. The younger sister of Jessica. The soon-to-be-bride.

 

"I know. I miss you too kid." Jessica hugged her sister back, chuckling at her antics. "Just place my luggages in my old room samchon."

 

"Certainly, Young Lady."

 

"Come on sis! Mom and Dad are both excited to see you!" the younger Jung said as she pulled her sister inside the house. 

 

'This place didn't seem to change after 6 years' Jessica thought. This is her first time coming back her after she left for Paris years ago. 'I miss home'.

 

The moment she stepped into the mansion's grandious-looking living room, she was immediately engulfed by a pair of motherly arms around her.

 

"I miss you so much Sooyeon-ah" her mother, Mrs. Jung said while her head is still buried in her daughter's neck.

 

"Yeobo, let me give my eldest princess an I-Miss-You hug too." Mr. Jung, her ever so gentle and handsome father voiced out. 

 

Mrs. Jung released Jessica from her grip and let her husband take over as he hugged her princess. She knew how much he missed her eldest.

 

Jessica however, started to tear her eyes up after her long-awaited reunion with her family.
 

"Unnie, are you crying?" Worry was written all over her sister's face.

 

"Don't worry Soojung-ah." Jessica answered as she wiped her tears away. "I was just a little overwhelmed. I never knew I'd miss you guys this much."

 

That was true. Jessica never felt 'homesick' while she was away. 'Lovesickness' was what she felt. And although she tried to occupy herself with her studies with the help of her bestfriend Tiffany, she still couldn't forget about that one person she regretted leaving.

 

"Let's have dinner first. We have a lot of catching up to do Princess." With that, her father dragged her into the the dining hall.

 

Upon reaching the table, Jessica's eyes twinkled in delight. "Omygoodness!" she squealed. "I haven't eaten proper Korean food for the past 6 years! Besides the side dishes you're sending me." was almost watering with the vast amout of home cooked food laid in front of her.

 

"Let's dig in, shall we?" Mrs. Jung was all smiles as her family was complete again. 

 

The Jung's dinner was filled with exchange of stories from the things that happened over the household for 6 years to Jessica's experiences living alone in Paris.

 

"Unnie, since you're now an oh-so-famous rising star in the world of fashion. You wouldn't mind tailoring for my whole wedding, do you?" Krystal excitedly chirpped at her sister.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Jung have this uncomfortable look on their faces as they look at each other worriedly.

 

"Haha! Will you pay me? If money comes in my back account then why not? You're my little sister after all, what would people say if you hire someone else while I'm here and is also a fashion designer by profession?"

 

"Omygod, really? Thanks sis! This is why I love you so much!" 

 

"Psh. No need to be a -up. I already said I'll do it." she jokingly told her younger sister.

 

 

 

 

 

They were eating dessert when Jessica asked them the question they were trying to avoid all night. 

 

"So .. Who's my lucky brother-in-law?"

 

The three other people in the table froze. Not knowing he reaction if they tell her. Realizing no one answered her, she lifted her gaze up from the green tea ice cream she's eating and saw her sister and her parents with an unexplainable expressions on their faces.

 

"Hey. I was asking who's the new member of the family." she rephrased her question.

 

"U-unnie, i-its .. i-its -"

 

"Soojung is getting married to AJ .. AJ Liu" her father responded her with a stern face.

 

She dropped the spoon she was holding as she heard his father mention the name of Soojung's fiancee.

 

'No, it can't be. Not my AJ'

 

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

I'm really sorry for the late updates beloved readers. Mianhe !

I just finished our exams before Christmas Holiday,

took a day off to regenerate my brain cells and updated one of my fics ^_____^

But I can't promise that I can update regularly now that it's vacation 

since I rarely spend time with my family. I live in the dorms by the way :)

 

College . Anyways! I'll try hard to atleast add one chapter each!

Thanks for being patient :) 

 

Happy Holidays people! Saranghae <3

 

- iklutz25 -